EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Esmedune said:

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at the model, just look!!!!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334184802461?hash=item4dcef7689d:g:4xcAAOSwcKlhbA3t

That is an expensive whitemetal ingot...

• Like 1

The inverse of e-Bay madness is e-Bay Good Value and I thought bringing this seller to the attention of those persons here assembled was worth doing. I have been looking at some Hornby clerestories recently for chopping up and general abusing into freelance 4-wheel and 6-wheel things and have seen the early ones going for up to £25 and the later ones with asking prices of over £40. :scratchhead:Yet here we have a pair of very nicely made (but tired and needing TLC) EM gauge kit built ones. At very good price.

Of course three things scare off the "shut up and take my money" masses - needing TLC, not having Hornby couplings and being THE WRONG GAUGE! ARGH!

Converting these to 00 and putting tension locks on (if that's your thing) is a less than one hour job for anyone with basic modelling skills but there's seemingly little interest in them. I like the full brake and will have a punt on that. If it stays under about £25 I think that's good value.

The seller has a good few unmade coach kits on offer at good prices too. In fact his starting prices are so good its a sort of e-Bay madness of another kind.  Jump in!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/scrapbox69/m.html

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Thanks Martin, I haven't actually bid on any of those items, tempting as some of them were, but it did lead to me buying something I actually needed to progress building my layout.

Which has to be a first....

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

41 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Excellent, a companion title to my best seller: How to be bad by B.B.Wolf...

• Funny 7

19 hours ago, John Besley said:

Expect to see more of this search related white noise now that eBay have decimated the model railways (sorry railroads) categories 

• Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

At first, I thought it was a case of wandering decimal point, but then I checked the sellers other items....:o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304108876136?epid=14017191593&hash=item46ce4d3168:g:hPEAAOSw4RZhGpHl

Some of the Hornby live steam stuff can be worth very good money as many parts were particular to the live steam models. They have also been out of production for many years with limited supply in the first place it means parts go for good money. Having said that £59 for some valve gear i think is on the pricey side as I'm not sure there is much difference with that.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

A bargain at £60

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203654779100

Or £39 directly from Wizard...

The description claims the manufacturer to be Wills, though the photo is of a Wizard/Comet A3 chassis kit.  Suspect this is a seller who doesn’t know what he’s selling rather than a chancer, perhaps hes priced it as a Southeastern item…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

The description claims the manufacturer to be Wills, though the photo is of a Wizard/Comet A3 chassis kit.  Suspect this is a seller who doesn’t know what he’s selling rather than a chancer, perhaps hes priced it as a Southeastern item…

Auction says Comet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Trying for a 'country setting'? Should have got a glamorous member of rmweb to pose with it! :crazy:

• Funny 4

54 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Some key parts definitely missing, others might be missing, half a set of wheels, needs gears, motors and who knows what else, chucked in a heap on the ground, bags filled with parts that can't be seen (and subsequently checked off.) Part built, how well I wonder?

£440? 

Looks like £4 worth of scrap brass to me. 

You might take a risk at £50 in the hope that you could find, substitute or make the missing parts.

If he really wants to sell it for what it's worth, try putting it in auction.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3