EBay madness

Marcyg

31 minutes ago, tubs01 said:

Gas mk4 for 30 minutes?

Whats the lowest starting bid available for ebay items?  Even that might be a little high, £8.99 is pushing the boat out!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

1 hour ago, tubs01 said:

I think they represent the first forays into modelling by a young child. Particularly given that one of them is a Thomas complete with traces of blue paint on the wheels. We’re quite quick to deride the work of others on here without the full facts. Agree that the prices are a little optimistic but I guess under nine pounds for an 0-6-0 chassis is not bad. 

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

I think they represent the first forays into modelling by a young child. Particularly given that one of them is a Thomas complete with traces of blue paint on the wheels. We’re quite quick to deride the work of others on here without the full facts. Agree that the prices are a little optimistic but I guess under nine pounds for an 0-6-0 chassis is not bad. 

Agreed, great modelling for the next step up from "Thomas", and showing an affinity for the "old company"!

• Like 3

A very long time ago, I remember spending hours cutting panelling from postcard material with a Stanley knife in an attempt to copy a Furness Railway four wheeler that I had seen a drawing of in one of the monthly magazines and mounting it onto a Lima continental chassis, (ex DR branch line coach IIRC) it got painted in something approaching LMS maroon with an oversized brush. 

A couple of years later, I discovered Ratio 4 wheelers and it got binned.

A friend of mine did a similar thing, but he still has his, about forty years on, albeit slightly crushed.

If it wasn't for that, I would have still been running nothing but RTR. 

In fact, I started making stuff that I couldn't otherwise afford, so that probably kept me in the hobby.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, tubs01 said:

My eyes, my beautiful eyes…

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

3 hours ago, ianmacc said:

A little optimistic is a bit generous

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tubs01 said:

No need to worry, you too can have you very own 25 year old trainset with worn track and underscale coaches for the bargain price of 300 quid. :)https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-intercity-125-train-set-/274996610253?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

(

But surely it's "rare", "boxed", "collectible", "vintage", "retro" overpriced junk?

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Some visitors to St Mary's churchyard at the top of the 99 steps in Whitby get quite upset when church guides tell them that they won't find Dracula's grave.

I've been to his grave, it is in Romania.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1