EBay madness

Marcyg

Just now, tubs01 said:

https://youtu.be/-QMWz4ZSAmE

I'm probably supposed to say buyer beware or something 

We get amazing quotes such as:

'This is where a lot of oil would be running down.' (So you've chosen to represent that with powder blotched on?)

'This is by no means a professional job.' (So how come you are selling the same service as 'bespoke' for 7 quid?)

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, tubs01 said:

'This is where a lot of oil would be running down.' (So you've chosen to represent that with powder blotched on?)

'This is by no means a professional job.' (So how come you are selling the same service as 'bespoke' for 7 quid?)

7 quid probably means per wagon as well, though probably a bargain since they charged me 15 quid for a Hornby TTA in an incorrect, damaged box

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, tubs01 said:

If you want to see how to weather watch this...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, tubs01 said:

There is also a video of them weathering the tankers on their YouTube if want a look

Howdo. I watched the video of the Rocket Railways bloke splodging stuff on the Tanker.

For some unexplained reason the lyrics of an old Rolling Stones hit came to mind

'' I see a red door and I want to splodge it black'' 

I'll have this earworm for the rest of the day now:lol:

Regards, Rich

• Like 4
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, TinTracks said:

Howdo. I watched the video of the Rocket Railways bloke splodging stuff on the Tanker.

For some unexplained reason the lyrics of an old Rolling Stones hit came to mind

'' I see a red door and I want to splodge it black'' 

I'll have this earworm for the rest of the day now:lol:

Regards, Rich

Is his name Johnny by any chance?  'Black! Black! You lock me in the cellar and feed me pins!'

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Appearing in another thread, AC Models (a very good shop by the way) has lots of small job lots but they are all jumbled, as if they've been posted by someone who literally doesn't know one end of a loco from the other.  Every listing has locos with the wrong tenders, which appear in other listings.  You'd have to buy all the lots to be sure of matching all the locos.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/acmodels2/m.html?item=154692066193&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Secondly, who treats their models like this?  So many of them look like proceeds of a burglary - which of course they could be and AC Models is selling on behalf of their rightful owner who doesn't have the inclination to repair them all - with broken buffers, smoke deflectors, couplings, cabs, conrods missing......

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, rab said:

Although it had no wheels, its a good runner.

Having queried it with seller, apparently the (single) picture

shows clearly what is for sale

• Funny 6

34 minutes ago, rab said:

Although it had no wheels, its a good runner.

Having queried it with seller, apparently the (single) picture

shows clearly what is for sale

Unfortunately you get these listings sometimes. Usually they're the product of people attempting to demonstrate they have the right skills to work in government.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

Hard to believe this bargain hasn’t been snapped up yet:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-Railway-Layout-/203697748729?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

5 people watched it in the last 24 hours, must be very desirable...

Mol

It's the Hamleys link don't you know?

Maybe.

• Funny 4