EBay madness

Marcyg

41 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

When you can get this for £35...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384097057329

Different things. One is a badly built and painted but reasonably accurate model of an LNWR six wheel carriage, the other is a superbly finished model of a generic coach purporting to be of an LNWR carriage (even then, the colour scheme is debateable).

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
Amended text
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

I am left wondereing how he expects the coach to go around curves or negotiate the tops or bottoms of gradients when you taken the wonderful opportunity he offers you to glue the bogies back into position.  He really does deserve his own thread!

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Well he's still in business and a collection of vintage American cars isn't exactly a sign of a bloke with no money.

He's probably doing better than most of us.

He currently has four Studebakers for sale on ebay, one listed twice at different prices!

A look at his other items for sale, listed at highest price first, shows an interesting and eclectic selection, many at seemingly very high prices. Given the number of items he has for sale and his ebay rating, he seems to be getting it right. An indication of the "collectors culture" he is selling into?

Edited to add.

He is adept at ascribing items in headings to well know highly regarded builders, then saying *possibly by" in the body of the advert .

He has one Gauge 1 carriage I rather like the look of, but at his prices and descriptive record I wouldn't consider buying it without being able to inspect it first hand.

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
Additional text
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Everyone's favourite seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363549746170

How much?! Well into O gauge territory.

"One coach has the bogies supplied loose for you to glue back into position. It is also missing one buffer."

For this price I'd expect them to be mint - not needing repairs and replacement parts...

The pricing makes no commercial sense?  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Another vendor with krap feedback 

Not that bad really; they don't sell that much and two neutrals in the last year seem to be down to a buyer not reading the listing properly or the seller not being able to send it due to the lockdown in India.

Still a nonsense price though.

• Like 1