EBay madness

Marcyg

2 hours ago, big jim said:

this looks Interesting on eBay, broad gauge kit built loco I think, badly listed so could be a bargain, or could not but not something you see every day 

IKB models by the look of it 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Metal-Locomotive-Model-Train-Hornby-/275107755835?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Looks like a rather nice "Rover" class in 1892 condition.

58 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enornmous-lot-of-Hornby-TRIANG-OO-GAUGE-TRACK-few-hundred-pieces-/194730838274?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Don’t throw away that old triang super 4 track that’s been in the garage rusting away since system 6 came out. Bung it dirt and all on eBay and ask well over a hundred pounds for it! 

Throw out?  I've got a Super 4 double oval for running Triang locos that bounce on System 6 chairs...

42 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Not forgetting that old Dinky field gun that fired match sticks!

Still got mine!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rab said:

He's also got a model PSU

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125092067062?hash=item1d201176f6:g:XsIAAOSwrZVhOz01

I had one once, it wasn't very good....

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Not forgetting that old Dinky field gun that fired match sticks!

I loved that!! Ping……

Can I confess that as a Middle Aged man I ended up with a working battle space rocket launcher complete with its rocket in with some stuff I wanted. Obviously I had to give it rigorous testing before I could sell it in good conscience! All that stuff was well before my time but the play value before computers came along would have been brilliant I bet. 

• Like 5

On 11/01/2022 at 15:33, Paul H Vigor said:

The final photo seems to depict a different loco - one with extra side vents?

Exactly how AL1/ class 81s were made as they had a corridor side and an equipment side.

Here's another whimsical kitbash that kept someone from committing greater sins for a few hours. I like it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Steam-Rail-Motor-Coach-scratch-built-kit-bashed-home-made-conversion-/353855658474?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, rab said:

3 hours ago, ianmacc said:

He’s corrected it to his credit. 

Well...  Sort of...

Its not just a Voltmeter, it also measures Amps, Ohms, continuity and tests transistors too, so it's a Multi-Meter!

And he still insists on calling it a "Model"...

And you can get a new one cheaper...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313621911407?hash=item490552976f:g:dPEAAOSwWjthBwJW

Edited by Hroth
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, ianmacc said:

He’s corrected it to his credit. 

At least he partially read the message I sent him.

Obviously didn't like the description I used.

I think he puts 'model' on all his descriptions,

probably hoping it'll show up better in searches.

This is the seller I bought an item from,

who advertised it with a box, but didn't

make clear it was the wrong box.

When I complained, he replied that boxes

weren't important; apparently some of his

customers ask him to send items without 

the boxes!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, ianmacc said:

I loved that!! Ping……

Can I confess that as a Middle Aged man I ended up with a working battle space rocket launcher complete with its rocket in with some stuff I wanted. Obviously I had to give it rigorous testing before I could sell it in good conscience! All that stuff was well before my time but the play value before computers came along would have been brilliant I bet. 

'You could 'ave someone's eye out with one of them!':hunter:Happy days long ago! :dancer:

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, 298 said:

Exactly how AL1/ class 81s were made as they had a corridor side and an equipment side.

Here's another whimsical kitbash that kept someone from committing greater sins for a few hours. I like it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Steam-Rail-Motor-Coach-scratch-built-kit-bashed-home-made-conversion-/353855658474?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

A good use of a Hornby Caley Pug…with a nice Continental coach. 

Yes, rather nice and full of character! :)

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

53 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

Too good for this thread and probably better in the pugbashes thread :)

I'll have to take a look at that. Do the latest versions still run like somebody stuffed the firebox with methamphetamine?

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I'll have to take a look at that. Do the latest versions still run like somebody stuffed the

firebox with methamphetamine?

No, I believe they were tamed a little with a new motor and gearbox a few years back, but there's no visual clue as to whether you're getting one of these relatively usable ones or the land speed record model.

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I know! I fear I would become a husk of my former self! :scared:

I already am a husk of my former self, so I'd be a husk of a husk of my former self.  Try and keep up at the back, there...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 13/01/2022 at 13:31, 298 said:

That immediately reminded me of the elevated 'railway'/monorail railmotor in Carnival Row on Amazon Prime TV; I can't find a front view online.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, petethemole said:

That immediately reminded me of the elevated 'railway'/monorail railmotor in Carnival Row on Amazon Prime TV; I can't find a front view online.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z5ZdV8

I was very interested in this steam monorail as well. I believe there there was a front view of a railcar in one of the episodes? I seem to recall the smokebox and chimney were set to one side, not central? The body reminded me of a European electric tram?

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I already am a husk of my former self, so I'd be a husk of a husk of my former self.  Try and keep up at the back, there...

You sound like a lead Husky, doing all the work....  :jester:

• Like 3