EBay madness

Marcyg

This really does add something out of the ordinary to a layout - I can't imagine there are many more (if any) out there.

I shouldn`t think there are any more out there. Still somebody will buy it and think it is a good deal.

• RMweb Premium

It shows as "Reserve Not Met" which means it is a minimum of £50 to buy the set as ebay will not allow a reserve under £50 as far as I know. I think I will pass on this one thank you!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

To quote the classic saying of time on ebay "would look good on any exhibition layout"

The title says it all, "very unusual,". As are the thought processes that led to its creationwacko.gif

• RMweb Premium

Now my Son loves his Star Wars Lego, but not this much :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330440576229&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Some Lego is now fetching utterly ridiculous sums on Ebay including well OTT prices for sets still available in the shops. Star Wars Lego in particular seems to attract the over enthusiastic full of wallet.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, look at the seller name. SMCtoys aka the late (and very much NOT missed) Southampton Model Centre who shut up their real shop (if you could call it that, they used to shut on a Saturday including the day when the model show was in town!!) and now concentrate on flogging well overpriced Lima tat on Ebay. They also list a lot of the other annual wagons as well and upwards of thirty notes a piece, avoid these cowboys like the plague!!

I remember them! They had double-page ads in RM/CM, seeking to buy surplus trains in any known configuration of scale/prototype etc. So in 1998 I rang 'em, offering some US HO. Yes, we'll buy it, quoth he. So I travelled from deep Kent to the Solent (yes it was free, yes it was 1st Class, yes I was staff) and was offered less than £1 per vehicle for quite nice US freight cars. Natch, common sense said take the money, and I did, but hearing that they have moved into this line of legal but marginally-moral vending is no surprise. Wotever, their measly £47 for 52 freight cars helped me finance my move into Digitrax DCC, which I have never regretted.

I remember them! They had double-page ads in RM/CM, seeking to buy surplus trains in any known configuration of scale/prototype etc. So in 1998 I rang 'em, offering some US HO. Yes, we'll buy it, quoth he. So I travelled from deep Kent to the Solent (yes it was free, yes it was 1st Class, yes I was staff) and was offered less than £1 per vehicle for quite nice US freight cars. Natch, common sense said take the money, and I did, but hearing that they have moved into this line of legal but marginally-moral vending is no surprise. Wotever, their measly £47 for 52 freight cars helped me finance my move into Digitrax DCC, which I have never regretted.

Did you feel tender sitting down after that? I know I would have. B)

• RMweb Gold

I notice it says 'used' where 'abused' might be more appropriate. Maybe it was built by a Frenchman as it is the practice (at least in some parts of France) to have the 'distant' above the stop signal - a superb example of French logic in action (and it does make a sort of sense if you think about it).

• RMweb Gold

I think this item is apeing colour light signals, where the red is always placed lowest to be closest to the driver's eyeline. So 'tis said, anyway. The fact that this is two signals on the same post is obviously a concept too far for the vendor.

I think I may have to nominate 130399089416 as ebay at its finest.

£150 quid for some white metal blobs, for a kit that was infamous and which I've never seen in constructed form and I suspect never has been succesfully built. The fact it comes with six end noses and seven sets of underfranes (six I can see eiight I can but seven) is a bit worrying too ;)

Alan

I'm afraid that this item has ended, and the successful bidder was based in Denmark blink.gif

I think I may have to nominate 130399089416 as ebay at its finest.

£150 quid for some white metal blobs, for a kit that was infamous and which I've never seen in constructed form and I suspect never has been succesfully built. The fact it comes with six end noses and seven sets of underfranes (six I can see eiight I can but seven) is a bit worrying too ;)

Alan

eight

sorry I couldn't resist!

(If you can't beat 'em, join 'em)

eight

sorry I couldn't resist!

(If you can't beat 'em, join 'em)

Argh! Now stop it! We've both had a go at "ironic" spelling mistakes, and now I don't know whether the people who corrected us were being ironic or not.

For my part, can I just say that, while I won't have a go at anyone's spelling (or typing) on here, anyone selling on Ebay ought to at least make an effort at spelling the descriptions on their items correctly. While it's highly amusing to spot the odd "Horny" engine, it wears a bit thin when yet another seller seems to think that "guage" is a real word, or that there/their/they're are basically the same... how poor must folk be that they can't afford a spellchecker?