EBay madness

Marcyg

18 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Nearly £1000 for three late 1970s vintage  old version Hornby LMS coaches with Coronation Scot livery.

Good luck with that.

Cheers

Darius

Reckon someone told them that they're valuable. Get a load of these from the same seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R4141-R4141A-R4142-LMS-Coronation-Scot-Maroon-Gold-Coaches-OO-Gauge/353310230189?hash=item5242ee46ad:g:yxwAAOSwqDJfP6Ht

12 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

I like this from the description

Set of the 3 of original production of these coaches, all are in excellent used condition, boxes show signs of ware.

So perhaps we should be-ware?

:jester:

19 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Only 12 hours before the auction closes.  If it remains unsold, will he relist at the same price?

• RMweb Premium

Our coach-painting friend has some other choice items, including this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-GWR-class-800-Front-Nose-BRAND-NEW/293787333429?hash=item446716f335:g:rdYAAOSwkplficBM

A bit pricy for a small spare item, but at least it hasn't been repainted...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Hroth said:

Our coach-painting friend has some other choice items, including this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-GWR-class-800-Front-Nose-BRAND-NEW/293787333429?hash=item446716f335:g:rdYAAOSwkplficBM

A bit pricy for a small spare item, but at least it hasn't been repainted...

Yet :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Or to help those just wanting the loco or tender; it happens.

OK I know, but I'm just trying to consider the altruistic element.......

After all the prospective seller might end up stuck with one part that doesn't sell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"This auction is for a locomotive only. The tender I have run it with was a NE tender and is listed separately."

Why do some sellers separate a loco from its tender and sell as two separate lots?

Triang used to sell locos and tenders as separate items with their own R numbers, so there is a precedent of sorts.  And If the loco was used with a tender that was not as supplied when originally sold, then I can see why they may be treated as separate lots.

What annoys me are the sellers who break down a desirable loco into as many parts as they think they can get away with and list them in consecutive lots!  The total of the starting prices is like building a car from manufacturers spares...

• Like 3

When I was in my late teens (about thirty years ago :() a friend worked at a motorcycle dealership. Being very bored one day, he decided to work out what it would cost to build himself a GSXR1100RR one piece at a time from the spares catalogue.

About £25,000.

IIRC they were about £3500 new at the time!

Edited by MrWolf
Attack of the grammar nazis
  • Like 6