EBay madness

Marcyg

On 01/12/2020 at 16:17, big jim said:

, anyway this afternoon I got this message.......

Hello

Please be aware that payment for my items
Will unfortunately be delayed,
This is due to a unforeseen bill

payment in total will be made on the 12th of December (my Payday)

Did (s)he ever pay up?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yeah paid as promised in time, however...

2 of the items damaged in the post though, couple of snotty emails to me ‘I trust I will receive a full or partial refund’ then when I agreed to send a partial refund I got an email within minutes, ‘when am I likely to receive my refund’ 

still expecting negative feedback though 

• Friendly/supportive 4

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

You might want to put this out of its misery too...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Tri-ang-R152-Diesel-shunter-1960s-era/264976498778?epid=1560790171&hash=item3db1d4805a:g:qfkAAOSwf9Rft8Kp

The listing says it runs but is very slow, which may be due to it being hump-backed.  It also says "60s era" in the listing but the bent body (celluloid?) and the coupling makes me think its probably from 1956. L@@K RARE!!!

Yours for a minimum of £15...

Not railway related but amongst the other fine (!) collectables this seller has on offer is 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-Knight-on-horse-perfect-condition-but-no-sword/264981556961?hash=item3db221aee1:g:iZMAAOSww-tfvla4 

Interesting that he thinks that something with a missing part (quite useful for a knight on horseback) can be described as 'perfect'.

Richard

• Funny 4

35 minutes ago, big jim said:

2 of the items damaged in the post though, couple of snotty emails to me ‘I trust I will receive a full or partial refund’ then when I agreed to send a partial refund I got an email within minutes, ‘when am I likely to receive my refund’ 

That reminds me of the time I sold a Hornby three car DMU which I filmed running quite happily on my layout before I listed it. When he received it the buyer messaged me to say that, although the motor was running, the unit did not move. I immediately offered to take it back and refund the whole transaction, including the return postage but he wanted a 'partial' refund. I repeated my offer of  accepting it back and giving a full refund but, within minutes, he had opened a case with eBay saying that I was refusing a partial refund and immediately posting negative feedback. I looked at his feedback and, lo and behold, he had a history of complaining about purchases and demanding partial refunds! I reported all this to eBay and, for once, they were very supportive and refused to take the case any further. Thankfully, in many years of selling on eBay (over 3500 feedback) that is the only one with which I have had a problem. 

I hope he does not spoil your feedback record.

Richard

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
On 22/12/2020 at 16:44, Puggers said:

That reminds me of the time I sold a Hornby three car DMU which I filmed running quite happily on my layout before I listed it. When he received it the buyer messaged me to say that, although the motor was running, the unit did not move. I immediately offered to take it back and refund the whole transaction, including the return postage but he wanted a 'partial' refund. I repeated my offer of  accepting it back and giving a full refund but, within minutes, he had opened a case with eBay saying that I was refusing a partial refund and immediately posting negative feedback. I looked at his feedback and, lo and behold, he had a history of complaining about purchases and demanding partial refunds! I reported all this to eBay and, for once, they were very supportive and refused to take the case any further. Thankfully, in many years of selling on eBay (over 3500 feedback) that is the only one with which I have had a problem. 

Well done.   I had a similar problem a few years ago  who asked for a £7 rebate on a Hornby class  47 because he said the armature burnt out three weeks after I sold it to him and after I had left positive feedback.    I pointed out that he had had the use of it for three weeks and it was unfair on other bidders to try to negotiate a discount after a price had been agreed and after he had already had the opportunity to run the item for several weeks.  As a gesture of goodwill I refunded his £7 but he still left a negative feedback.  I won't fall for that scam again.  Would give a full refund on return of the item but no haggling over price.

Edited by cessna152towser
anonymised buyer
  • Friendly/supportive 3

10 hours ago, Hroth said:

image.png.a2e42da5da6ff4f3567464085e699357.png

Because its a design

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Or perhaps they had a load of "Scotsman" bits from a run of their dreadful clocks and decided to monetise them?

Rubbish materials, the glue holding in the battery holder is dying already!

As for the badly painted rotating "thing" up-top,  seeing one side is bad enough, seeing it in the round is even worse...

The curious thing is: it actually looks like a small, green toilet!? ;)

• Funny 3

6 hours ago, Puggers said:

Not railway related but amongst the other fine (!) collectables this seller has on offer is 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-Knight-on-horse-perfect-condition-but-no-sword/264981556961?hash=item3db221aee1:g:iZMAAOSww-tfvla4 

Interesting that he thinks that something with a missing part (quite useful for a knight on horseback) can be described as 'perfect'.

Richard

"We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages."

His sword was missing, eh? It could have been much worse!

"Black Knight: I move for no man.
King Arthur: So be it!
[rounds of melee, with Arthur cutting off the left arm of the black knight.]
King Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: Tis but a scratch.
King Arthur: A scratch?! Your arm's off!
Black Knight: No it isn't.
King Arthur: Well what's that then? [Pointing to the knight's arm lying on the ground.]
Black Knight: I've had worse.
King Arthur: You liar!"

• Funny 9

Is our famous friend yanhong72 getting more ambitious?

This train is excellent. It could pull 48 of my Hornby kfa wagons. I am having a new class 92 so this one it's time for it to leave. It's DCC readym I can make it DCC fitted for £21 extra. Please message me if you want DCC fitted before buying it so the price can be higher for the train. Please look at pictures carefully. Nothing wrong with this. I will not accept any returns at all.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R3740-Caledonian-Sleeper-Class-92-Co-Co-92023/293912062939?_trkparms=aid%3D1110012%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOIPOST%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190711095549%26meid%3D0d009425e6024a4db1fb25348ff6d4dd%26pid%3D100047%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D293746755681%26itm%3D293912062939%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSellersOtherItemsV2%26brand%3DHornby&_trksid=p2047675.c100047.m2108

"Could" being the operative word.  Who would have 48 KFA container wagons?

e.g.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/tiphook-kfa-container-wagon-93390-with-3-x-20-containers-delmas-hatsu-k-line-era-11.html

27 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

"Could" being the operative word.  Who would have 48 KFA container wagons?

Someone who bought a job lot on spec to flog off later at inflated prices?

"Could" might mean that it did at one time, but he burned the motor out doing so...

He's also got this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R6986-LWB-Box-Van-100th-Anniversary-2020-Centenary-Year-OO-Gauge/293915559474?hash=item446ebb8632:g:uPEAAOSwmztf4NMr

Out of stock at Hornby (RRP 14.99) so the price hiking begins.

perhaps he ought to study this item he's offering a bit more closely?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bond-SATs-Skills-Arithmetic-Workbook-8-9-years-New-Paperback-Book/293551082173?hash=item4459020abd:g:YI4AAOSw8d5ZXEWa

And his wonderful painted coaches are still available!

Ho Ho Ho!!!

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, big jim said:

Tell him you can only refund after you've had your monthly pay check............

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

They're that rare, 5 come along all at once.....

And at least spell Forest correctly................

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2