EBay madness

Marcyg

8 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Well, it sold for £185.00. The vendor made a small profit. I wonder if the buyer intends to build the kit or if we will see it yet again?

Not after eBay's fees were taken, I suspect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

That’s actually a bit of a misleading listing

the auction is for an unbuilt kit, not the finished wagon as shown in the main picture, it’s missing its bogies, wheels, buffers, paint, decals, from what I can make out it’s just a resin wagon box 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, big jim said:

That’s actually a bit of a misleading listing

the auction is for an unbuilt kit, not the finished wagon as shown in the main picture, it’s missing its bogies, wheels, buffers, paint, decals, from what I can make out it’s just a resin wagon box 

I wonder if the seller is also the manufacturer?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

The MIOG website seems to confirm. The kit they discuss appears to be complete?

from the listing......

Requires gloucester bogies from GJHplant or nmrs. Wheels of choice. Buffers and couplings.
Underframe brakes and airtanks are available from GJH plant. 
Transgers from railtec.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, big jim said:

from the listing......

Requires gloucester bogies from GJHplant or nmrs. Wheels of choice. Buffers and couplings.
Underframe brakes and airtanks are available from GJH plant. 
Transgers from railtec.

Sounds like the caster/manufacturer is selling off three excess wagon bodies? Don't know enough about 0 gauge cast wagon bodies to comment on the price. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

You do realise it’s not just the van, also included is various o gauge points, sound fitted 08 and a couple of Dapol vans? 

I had missed that. 3 or 4 have sold at over £150 recently and thought it was another one at even more.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

6 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Sounds like the caster/manufacturer is selling off three excess wagon bodies? Don't know enough about 0 gauge cast wagon bodies to comment on the price. 

I can’t comment on the price either but it’s the listing that’s a bit naughty, a pic of the finished item (with all the additional cost items added, basically the finished product) no other pics of what you will actually get for your £85 which is I suspect a resin wagon body and a couple of bits of etch for the brake indicator and lamp bracket  

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, big jim said:

I can’t comment on the price either but it’s the listing that’s a bit naughty, a pic of the finished item (with all the additional cost items added, basically the finished product) no other pics of what you will actually get for your £85 which is I suspect a resin wagon body and a couple of bits of etch for the brake indicator and lamp bracket  

I guess if one actually saw what was on offer, one might be rather loath to part with eighty-five notes for a lump of resin?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"Think this is a copy..." - a copy of what?

I have to admit, I didn't actually notice that. I was too busy laughing at the pictures. It does appear to be a dogs dinner of a pacer formed from a MiseryRail chassis, FNW? Body and a Manchester GMPTE front though, All presumably picked from the bargain bin floor by the looks of it!    

• Like 2

On 28/12/2020 at 10:04, John M Upton said:

Hmm...  Seems like dodgy scale paint guy is one of those who buts job lots for daft amounts of money then sells the bits off individually. 

A lot of listings look like landfill fodder to me.

I'd think this is a contender for landfill? Franken 4F

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Model-Railway-4-4-0-LMS-Repainted-Steam-Locomotive-In-N-Gauge-By-Lima-Boxed/124500538274?hash=item1cfccf73a2:g:enoAAOSwI~df4lhG

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Metal-Kit-Built-GWR-2-4-0-Metro-Tank-Loco-Body/363240179078?hash=item5492cd4586:g:~HIAAOSwuLdf7Nr9

"... painted and weathered to a high standard." What appears to be quite a decent pre-1936 GW loco livery wafted over with an apparent light grey undercoat, partially covering transfers and etched plates. The buyer will have no choice but to strip it and start again. I have seen these 'paint jobs' undertaken by 'dealers' before attempting to eBay their victims.