EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Looks like some Panzer IV based Sturmgeschutz assault gun, not sure which one, Ausf. G? ( Camo scrim net rather effective!) 

I think that someone has acquired these vehicles from a broken up diorama - there appears to be lumps of plaster stuck to the tracks and then bodged them onto some car boot find European wagon chassis. The Germans did have problems with the size of some of their tanks and the loading gauge of the railways. They fitted narrow transportation tracks that were replaced with the regular ones on arrival at the front. This was rather impractical, but not as impractical as lashing a 50 tonne concrete slab to a railway wagon to transport a 25 tonne tank...

You don't think that this is someone gluing bits of junk together in the hope of getting money for it?.....

Edited by MrWolf
  • Funny 4

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

You don't think that this is someone gluing bits of junk together in the hope of getting money for it?.....

Back when eBay was seeping into the national consciousness, the BBC did a news report where some beachcombed scraps of rope were put on eBay, and sold easily.  Nothing has changed, people buy junk at amazing prices just because the endorphin rush of bidding.

Money for old rope.

Let's DOCUMENT this phenomenon!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Maybe I should have added a sarcasm emoji to the end of that statement. 

Whenever I have a clear out, I always find It's the bargain broken cr@p that gets the first bids and offers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Seems no one wanted to 'have a go' at £90.00? Poor Tracy of Wrexham.

Ever hopeful, the vendor has relisted it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193892203652?ViewItem=&item=193892203652

at the same price...

The one thing in its favour is that it's not been repainted using a yard brush!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Relisted with the same starting bid of £90.00 

Good luck with that one....

Is this the very 'Rare' version - with the spare wheel?? I believe 37s have always been prone to punctures??

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Just shy of a hundred sheets plus ten quid postage for a bodged Mk3 that the seller says could be redone if wanted!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-EAST-MIDLANDS-MK3-COACH-B-42113-/294010873603?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

It is our old friend with the painted with paint Caledonian Sleeper Mk1 RMB by the way!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Just shy of a hundred sheets plus ten quid postage for a bodged Mk3 that the seller says could be redone if wanted!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-EAST-MIDLANDS-MK3-COACH-B-42113-/294010873603?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

It is our old friend with the painted with paint Caledonian Sleeper Mk1 RMB by the way!

Even if you moved the decimal point one place to the left it would still be too much for what looks like a load of rubbish

Graham

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

They've also listed this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R1172-The-Majestic-With-E-Link-Dcc-00-Gauge-Electric-Set/293949844070?hash=item4470c6aa66:g:KlcAAOSwHlFfSUec at twice RRP

• Funny 3

8 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Same guy will sell you a nice pair of ice skate boots for £350.00! :)

• Funny 7

On 14/02/2021 at 22:51, Paul H Vigor said:

Taking a look at his other items...

eBay item no: 402692829729

"GWR kit-built Trojan" Starting price £80

Accurately described as "used" (and also looks abused) but the part of the description that made my jaw drop was the following ...

"Metal Trojan body on a Hornby pug chassis. Chassis has been filed to fit loco. Motor will need reattaching as was removed to fit body."

I added the bold to draw attention to the fact that for £80 (BUY IT NOW!) you get a badly assembled and painted static lump of metal to adorn your layout, because the motor was removed to get the body to fit on the chassis!

Words fail me...

Steve S

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Taking a look at his other items...

eBay item no: 402692829729

"GWR kit-built Trojan" Starting price £80

Accurately described as "used" (and also looks abused) but the part of the description that made my jaw drop was the following ...

"Metal Trojan body on a Hornby pug chassis. Chassis has been filed to fit loco. Motor will need reattaching as was removed to fit body."

I added the bold to draw attention to the fact that for £80 (BUY IT NOW!) you get a badly assembled and painted static lump of metal to adorn your layout, because the motor was removed to get the body to fit on the chassis!

Words fail me...

Steve S

I assume the motor won't fit inside the body? Brings a whole new meaning to 'chop shop'!

• Funny 3