EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I notice he's included a picture of the damage as well. It looks as if was attacked with a saw or Dremel. The only question is why?

I was just about to say the same, that looks like saw cuts. Very odd.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233971411615?ul_noapp=true

"The countdown has begun!" for the rat-chewed tank wagon!

49 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

And it's got one bid! :clapping:

37 minutes ago, Tony Davis said:

All right, own up! Which one of you lot is the bidder??

Someone must have taken pity on it...

But for paying a minimum of nearly six quid to own it, its an expensive sort of pity!

btw, I've just found that I can't find my stock of poly cement so my Dapol Pug/Fuel Tank/Hornby 101 mashup is on hold. 

image.png.04d5ad2e2a4495242adb852f01a77b4a.png

(For a 10 quid loco, it passes the PP3 battery test with flying colours!)

Edited by Hroth
Added photo of semi-derelict loco
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Someone must have taken pity on it...

But for paying a minimum of nearly six quid to own it, its an expensive sort of pity!

btw, I've just found that I can't find my stock of poly cement so my Dapol Pug/Fuel Tank/Hornby 101 mashup is on hold. 

(For a 10 quid loco, it passes the PP3 battery test with flying colours!)

They can work wonders with plastic surgery these days! "Gentlemen, we can rebuild it, ..." :dancer:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Maybe someone here on RMWeb is bidding to put it in an eBay Madness “Hall of Fame” gallery...

Cheers

Darius

PS  Wasn’t me sheriff.

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

16 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I had one of those grey Tri-ang Hornby controllers like the one bottom left corner of the first picture with my first trainset, it was secondhand about forty years ago. I can't imagine that contributing much to the BIN price!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, John M Upton said:

We saw that lot before (its somewhere upthread ^). I don't know if its a relisting, but all thats been done is that the lot has been tidied up and rephotographed.  It hasn't improved the contents...  Start and BIN haven't changed as I recall.

BIN? Some sort of destination suggestion?

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, eastglosmog said:

But it contains a vintage 0-4-0 Thomas the tank! Must be worth it (I don't think)!

I wonder how much the Hornby clockwork 0-4-0 Thomas with Annie and Clarabel, with track in original box (inc key!), that I picked up at a car boot sale for a pound is worth?  :jester:

Personally, I'd say "still a pound"...

Edited by Hroth
Spelin. Grrr!
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I had one of those grey Tri-ang Hornby controllers like the one bottom left corner of the first picture with my first trainset, it was secondhand about forty years ago. I can't imagine that contributing much to the BIN price!

If I was a trader I’d push to 100 on sheer quantity only. No quality in there. Private buyer starting out in the hobby I’d do the 150 but 300 is having a laugh!

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

I wonder how much the Hornby clockwork 0-4-0 Thomas with Annie and Clarabel, with track in original box (inc key!), that I picked up at a car boot sale for a pound is worth?  :jester:

Personally, I'd say "still a pound"...

Nope. 20 all day long. Lovely little thing for youngsters. I have it and a Percy etc too. All running on indestructible super 4 track! I don’t have the box as I cut out the accessories from the back. 

5988905C-A4A2-4075-80E2-488C27B1E335.jpeg

Edited by ianmacc
Piccy
  • Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

If I was a trader I’d push to 100 on sheer quantity only. No quality in there. Private buyer starting out in the hobby I’d do the 150 but 300 is having a laugh!

I think that is perfectly reasonable given the prices actually achieved for such items in playworn condition and how many years you see the same old models unsold at exhibitions and toy fairs.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Not sure this is madness, but very odd at least.  Unfortunately I don't have access to a HIAB lorry so I'm out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124686794282?hash=item1d07e97e2a:g:q8YAAOSwfuBgfFBZ

I do have access to a HIAB and I'm qualified to operate one.

Still don't want it though.

There's madness in actually wanting money for it. I have been given many old garden sheds on the grounds that I had a truck and several open fires at home. 

Plus the property owners often provided beer and pizza.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Nope. 20 all day long. Lovely little thing for youngsters. I have it and a Percy etc too. All running on indestructible super 4 track! I don’t have the box as I cut out the accessories from the back. 

Is that Manor Farm at the bottom? The livestock are revolting....

2 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

Not sure this is madness, but very odd at least.  Unfortunately I don't have access to a HIAB lorry so I'm out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124686794282?hash=item1d07e97e2a:g:q8YAAOSwfuBgfFBZ

Don't think I'd WANT a model railway in such a contraption! Hot in summer, cold in winter, and no hiding place....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, ianmacc said:

I like the bridge in the centre...

It reminds me of the old red Playcraft push along railway set bridge, and run off slopes...

Or one of the similar sets. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

I like the bridge in the centre...

It reminds me of the old red Playcraft push along railway set bridge, and run off slopes...

Or one of the similar sets. :)

Hi. It’s a brio bridge with the deck repainted. I did consider brio for all the roads but she prefers moving it about so it would have been restrictive both for moving and also the type of vehicles she can use in it. 

• Like 3