EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, GS85 said:

When I open the listing I get a brief flash of something that looks like a price list for the individual items, but it disappears as the page loads and I can't seem to get it back. My conclusion is that it's a legit(ish) listing but isn't working for some reason. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

The listing is working here, but something is dodgy about it. Who has that much expensive model railway gear and "doesn't know much about it"? 

That's what Google is for. Has a lot of old HD stuff too and several duplicates. Collection only too.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, PatB said:

When I open the listing I get a brief flash of something that looks like a price list for the individual items, but it disappears as the page loads and I can't seem to get it back. My conclusion is that it's a legit(ish) listing but isn't working for some reason. 

At best it is misleading, lots of pictures but with a comment you will only get one box, but which one?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

96.3% feedback?   Caveat emptor!

Description is gibberish ..........

"Hornby MASSIVE SELLECTION OF ITEMS TO LIST LIST HAVE LIST SOME BUT NOW WHERE NEAR ALL OF THEM PLEASE ASK ME TO LIST A ITEM IF YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING YOU WANT MAY SAVE TIME SORRY NOT DON`T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THESE ONLY BEEN ITEMS"

• RMweb Premium

He has also listed a number of model rail items individually at very high prices which, contrary to his gibberish description on the originally highlighted listing, shows actually he does know about this stuff.

I reckon this stuff may at least be a little warm...

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I could be jumping to conclusions, but looking at what else he is selling, it looks like the contents of somebody's garage.

I wonder if they know their stuff is being listed on ebay?

What he needs to do is put a bit of effort in and list things correctly, though I'm sure I wouldn't buy anything anyway!

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Also reported (also for whatever good it will do) - something very dodgy there.

Ditto Mr B.

PS, like your avatar, I have a mate that everyone calls Penfold. I suspect that everyone over forty does though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Ditto Mr B.

PS, like your avatar, I have a mate that everyone calls Penfold. I suspect that everyone over forty does though!

What category have you reported it under. I wanted to but could not see something obvious? TIA

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Ditto Mr B.

Ha ha yes I was very much known as Penfold growing up :)

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

What category have you reported it under. I wanted to but could not see something obvious? TIA

I couldn't find "no idea what actually selling and nor does the seller" so reported it under this:

ebay.jpg.6d2541f28f310e0d2a5fb7027f1089d2.jpg

• Like 3

He mentions in the Hornby Class 37 William Cookworthy sale that he is selling his dad's models.

It could very well be his father has died and he is simply overwhelmed by it all with the amount he has to sell.

I agree it doesn't look good, but equally, we shouldn't just jump to conclusions it's deliberate fraud or even theft.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I just love a trawl through Job Lot listings.  Three and a quarter GRAND for this lot?!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284364020397?hash=item42356a9aad:g:CpkAAOSwPDtg5tGv

Thats interesting. Quite often i get a message from that seller asking me i would take a buy it now offer on an auction (i never reply as i put it in big letters in the listing that i dont do that, its starts at 0.99 and goes for whatever it goes for), they also make stupid offers on the items i do put on buy it now. I just ignore the messages or decline the offers as a matter of course.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, G-DIMB said:

Thats interesting. Quite often i get a message from that seller asking me i would take a buy it now offer on an auction (i never reply as i put it in big letters in the listing that i dont do that, its starts at 0.99 and goes for whatever it goes for), they also make stupid offers on the items i do put on buy it now. I just ignore the messages or decline the offers as a matter of course.

When I was doing a lot more buying/selling than I do now, there were a couple of people who would ask "do you have a by it now price in mind" (usually with that capitalisation, spelling and lack of question mark) against EVERY job lot.  They seemed to want to offer £30 for every lot worth at least £100.  As a seller, the urge to respond with a "Foxtrot Oscar", was hard to resist.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

He mentions in the Hornby Class 37 William Cookworthy sale that he is selling his dad's models.

It could very well be his father has died and he is simply overwhelmed by it all with the amount he has to sell.

I agree it doesn't look good, but equally, we shouldn't just jump to conclusions it's deliberate fraud or even theft.

He is trying to trap someone all that money for an emtpy box.

• Like 1