Jump to content

EBay madness


Marcyg
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

 

I've received a reply from Rails, they have no idea of what chassis was used (or didn't bother to look).

Or more likely CBA-could'nt be arsed!:boast:

  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly madness but the description amused me:

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-points-n-gauge-Non-Frogging-/265227897345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

 

I've heard of dogging but frogging???

 

Also, if you read the description,

you see why the layout was

never finished; too many pints!

Edited by rab
Fat finger syndrome
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, rab said:

Not exactly madness but the description amused me:

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-points-n-gauge-Non-Frogging-/265227897345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

 

I've heard of dogging but frogging???

 

Also, if you read the description,

you see why the layout was

never finished; too many pints!

 

I've heard of Frogger...

And he must have had too many pints whilst composing the listing!

 

Anyhow its too narrowgauge for me.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

I'd like £600 for a collection of stuff I can't be bothered to take out of the boxes or spend more than 20 seconds writing a listing (in which I'll mis-spell model incorrectly, twice).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114578235835?hash=item1aad6521bb:g:ORUAAOSwZq9f2fDw

 

 

Another graduate from the just throw it in a box school of selling...  Probably more damage caused by the careless way it has been slung about than anything else.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313238056909?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20201210111314%26meid%3D540ca1bd3b9845ada8cbb70fb45bd671%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D203328648304%26itm%3D313238056909%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWeb%26brand%3DTri-ang+Hornby&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A313238056909540ca1bd3b9845ada8cbb70fb45bd671|enc%3AAQAGAAACAE6e5uBNkvASJZ%2FsM3%2FmyCqKZzcSjYZb5nff0%2Bo8LlC8eP4tKtwK9%2BAt%2F7hdbgqV6GbEMNnZVsTtuWcRdJq61JaDQqa%2FYtPuVoNOpngQamAaQdMR18zWy8SBYzVAmFiSNjy5CsNlm20Gz%2BgIK3ooA1dY%2Fi3jQNYuVLj38LV9eDy02Ap%2FifQtcgp9I2GQxyzVXSIhF4Q0CFL9vAhl37XCDzZc8ncMyEgJzCbFW5qFOG%2FJoGWqlOOmDocshp8BfT3NFESrc%2Fi%2BeWJLMPDfAk%2BZHsD%2BJNKsbl8IdvbCUjkKZhW%2B%2B9moVbGOvEy8xI32nbPj1VYM%2Bxu3ALcs%2FnK9Wwzh7mCnms2PiYehJ3G7gm1oxsQtA%2Fwm7eiabzQf5WQaPqNQbCJYp2VLETVkYGrWuCeEUMuYyb7BF4FRn9nbWNQ3cc%2FG8aza4XV7YqbgthEfD2mPmISKqPpSsF3gu7qL1%2FpPh0eAfPNoK6VghQImkHfzuEMV7WA2DesSaiQeXSp404bONiBZO6JlZDsIO5mCE4jB8cZDzo5YJYVwqFwem5WBIHro%2Biaeh%2B8BEmSwhI9Gs%2FCUzk3yIHdCZwMLsfh03VI7pPlwoBkfUJLW2yYs9t0NZAJ739aDd25YBGcSQ35bRfrCXQeVURkS%2BTxR3IvSeMZkwU7iiWjyMaGDsPvx6RS9ptgH|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2047675

 

Finest "Catenary" for £78 pounds

 

Part of the listing comes in French also, how thoughtful of him..

 

"Attention!!

A cause du Virus il peut avoir des Retards!! Ce n’est pas ma faute!"

 

Translates to..

"Warning!! Because of the Virus it can have Delays !! It's not my fault"

 

Erm..what? :rolleyes:

 

NL

  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rab said:

Not exactly madness but the description amused me:

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-points-n-gauge-Non-Frogging-/265227897345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

 

I've heard of dogging but frogging???

 

Also, if you read the description,

you see why the layout was

never finished; too many pints!

 

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rab said:

Not exactly madness but the description amused me:

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-points-n-gauge-Non-Frogging-/265227897345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

 

I've heard of dogging but frogging???

 

Also, if you read the description,

you see why the layout was

never finished; too many pints!

"Frogging" - is that the one where they keep their clothes on?? :jester:

  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313238056909?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20201210111314%26meid%3D540ca1bd3b9845ada8cbb70fb45bd671%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D203328648304%26itm%3D313238056909%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseUnbiasedWeb%26brand%3DTri-ang+Hornby&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A313238056909540ca1bd3b9845ada8cbb70fb45bd671|enc%3AAQAGAAACAE6e5uBNkvASJZ%2FsM3%2FmyCqKZzcSjYZb5nff0%2Bo8LlC8eP4tKtwK9%2BAt%2F7hdbgqV6GbEMNnZVsTtuWcRdJq61JaDQqa%2FYtPuVoNOpngQamAaQdMR18zWy8SBYzVAmFiSNjy5CsNlm20Gz%2BgIK3ooA1dY%2Fi3jQNYuVLj38LV9eDy02Ap%2FifQtcgp9I2GQxyzVXSIhF4Q0CFL9vAhl37XCDzZc8ncMyEgJzCbFW5qFOG%2FJoGWqlOOmDocshp8BfT3NFESrc%2Fi%2BeWJLMPDfAk%2BZHsD%2BJNKsbl8IdvbCUjkKZhW%2B%2B9moVbGOvEy8xI32nbPj1VYM%2Bxu3ALcs%2FnK9Wwzh7mCnms2PiYehJ3G7gm1oxsQtA%2Fwm7eiabzQf5WQaPqNQbCJYp2VLETVkYGrWuCeEUMuYyb7BF4FRn9nbWNQ3cc%2FG8aza4XV7YqbgthEfD2mPmISKqPpSsF3gu7qL1%2FpPh0eAfPNoK6VghQImkHfzuEMV7WA2DesSaiQeXSp404bONiBZO6JlZDsIO5mCE4jB8cZDzo5YJYVwqFwem5WBIHro%2Biaeh%2B8BEmSwhI9Gs%2FCUzk3yIHdCZwMLsfh03VI7pPlwoBkfUJLW2yYs9t0NZAJ739aDd25YBGcSQ35bRfrCXQeVURkS%2BTxR3IvSeMZkwU7iiWjyMaGDsPvx6RS9ptgH|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2047675

 

Finest "Catenary" for £78 pounds

 

Part of the listing comes in French also, how thoughtful of him..

 

"Attention!!

A cause du Virus il peut avoir des Retards!! Ce n’est pas ma faute!"

 

Translates to..

"Warning!! Because of the Virus it can have Delays !! It's not my fault"

 

Erm..what? :rolleyes:

 

NL

 

 

If nothing else, that's a really impressive link...

  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313238056909?hash=item48ee716fcd:g:3N8AAOSwNsVfc1~s

 

Finest "Catenary" for £78 pounds

 

Part of the listing comes in French also, how thoughtful of him..

 

"Attention!!

A cause du Virus il peut avoir des Retards!! Ce n’est pas ma faute!"

 

Translates to..

"Warning!! Because of the Virus it can have Delays !! It's not my fault"

 

Erm..what? :rolleyes:

 

NL

 

I'm working on the theory that they call plain track "catenary" in Portugal, but 12 pieces of Super 4 track for HOW much!?   Definitely madness!

 

If anyone wanted a lucky dip joblot of vintage track, this is cheaper, you get more for your money and postage is free too!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324522345466?hash=item4b8f0a03fa:g:yWUAAOSwpe5gRkbN

 

Not that I'd recommend buying it either...  :crazy:

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, rab said:

Not exactly madness but the description amused me:

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-points-n-gauge-Non-Frogging-/265227897345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

 

I've heard of dogging but frogging???

 

Also, if you read the description,

you see why the layout was

never finished; too many pints!

I'm after some of those so thanks for bringing them to my attention. Bid to be placed.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Johnster said:

 

 

If nothing else, that's a really impressive link...

 

It might be a method ebay uses to track searches and work out what the user likes to search for and perhaps buy, circumventing cookies. 

 

I've taken to opening a private window in Firefox and examining such links from there.  If you want to share a link, you can then open a fresh ebay screen in a new tab in the private window, search for the title of the listing and open it, with a much shorter link, that can then be copied across to your main window and paste it into your RMweb post.  Closing the private window then disposes of any cookies, etc.

 

Paranoid?  Moi???  :jester:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hroth said:

 

I'm working on the theory that they call plain track "catenary" in Portugal, but 12 pieces of Super 4 track for HOW much!?   Definitely madness!

 

If anyone wanted a lucky dip joblot of vintage track, this is cheaper, you get more for your money and postage is free too!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324522345466?hash=item4b8f0a03fa:g:yWUAAOSwpe5gRkbN

 

Not that I'd recommend buying it either...  :crazy:

 

 

 

I wonder if that’s a catenary box they’re in and the unfamiliar seller has just copied the description? Either way 78!!! Wow!!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hroth said:

 

I'm working on the theory that they call plain track "catenary" in Portugal, but 12 pieces of Super 4 track for HOW much!?   Definitely madness!

 

If anyone wanted a lucky dip joblot of vintage track, this is cheaper, you get more for your money and postage is free too!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324522345466?hash=item4b8f0a03fa:g:yWUAAOSwpe5gRkbN

 

Not that I'd recommend buying it either...  :crazy:

 

 

 

That’s still really expensive. That series one and series two track is almost valueless these days. Series three fares slightly better. Super 4 surprisingly well. System 6 is similar price to regular steel track. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ianmacc said:

I wonder if that’s a catenary box they’re in and the unfamiliar seller has just copied the description? Either way 78!!! Wow!!! 

 

R.480 is the code for a double length Super 4 straight, and thats what it says on the box end.  Where the "catenary" description comes from is anyones guess.  Maybe the seller is confused?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hroth said:

 

It might be a method ebay uses to track searches and work out what the user likes to search for and perhaps buy, circumventing cookies. 

 

I've taken to opening a private window in Firefox and examining such links from there.  If you want to share a link, you can then open a fresh ebay screen in a new tab in the private window, search for the title of the listing and open it, with a much shorter link, that can then be copied across to your main window and paste it into your RMweb post.  Closing the private window then disposes of any cookies, etc.

 

Paranoid?  Moi???  :jester:

 

I vow to make my links 85%, 75%, 50%, 25%,  a bit shorter 

 

NL

  • Funny 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

 

R.480 is the code for a double length Super 4 straight, and thats what it says on the box end.  Where the "catenary" description comes from is anyones guess.  Maybe the seller is confused?

Or on something.....

  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

 

I vow to make my links 85%, 75%, 50%, 25%,  a bit shorter 

 

NL


Most EBay links can be edited down to the ? as in this example…

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144111965098?hash=item218dbe13aa:g:h90AAOSwxbBg7WJB

 

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144111965098?

 

 

;)

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RFS said:

Saw this item  by chance on Ebay today.  Despite the glaring spelling error, 7 have been sold already!

 

 

You can't have pastries without a T(ea)

  • Funny 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...