EBay madness

Marcyg

USA madness?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265244465392?

I have seen these little train sets in shops for a lot less!

Like £1.99! :D

Very Rare! :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164976339954?

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Added another questionable listing…
  • Like 1

This one has made me laugh. I cannot understand how they have priced this. I think they just stuck the first number that came into there heads on the listing. Easily £200 over priced. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alan-Gibson-Fairburn-Tank-2-6-4T-BR-Southern-unmade-MINT-kit-/224127888788?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

The other that gets me is that Gostude or Gosturd as I have come to call him. Various 00 locos at 5 to 600 pounds, an em gibson j15 at 200 plus pounds that's a none runner. I have been told by a reliable source that he is a complete idiot & buys from auctions & will outbid anyone without properly knowing the value. 

I have had some brilliant buys off ebay, I still do. Its about the only place that some items can be sourced from. I got a lanky attock coach kit by microrail for 36 pounds with wheels which was a bargain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Haddocksrock said:

Found in Grandad's loft after he bought it yesterday from the Pound shop!! Lol

Not that particular type but there a cheap train set brand that is actually H0 scale so I pick them up when I see them very cheap because they’re a source of a can motor, 6 commonwealth bogies and 12 wheels!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Nothing wrong with this item, in fact it’s rather nice.

It’s the description that I find amusing:-

OO Gauge Bachmann Class 150 Two Car DMU in Railtrack livery with a phd conversion kit good repaint comes inner packaging  only but will be well warped .

Shame really, as it is rather nice...

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 9

This one has made me laugh. I cannot understand how they have priced this. I think they just stuck the first number that came into there heads on the listing. Easily £200 over priced. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alan-Gibson-Fairburn-Tank-2-6-4T-BR-Southern-unmade-MINT-kit-/224127888788?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

The other that gets me is that Gostude or Gosturd as I have come to call him. Various 00 locos at 5 to 600 pounds, an em gibson j15 at 200 plus pounds that's a none runner. I have been told by a reliable source that he is a complete idiot & buys from auctions & will outbid anyone without properly knowing the value. 

I have had some brilliant buys off ebay, I still do. Its about the only place that some items can be sourced from. I got a lanky attock coach kit by microrail for 36 pounds with wheels which was a bargain.

"Contains wheels as when sold and I have left these in and not sold separately to avoid buyer of loco missing out on separate wheel auction." That's very nice of him! ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Nothing wrong with this item, in fact it’s rather nice.

It’s the description that I find amusing:-

OO Gauge Bachmann Class 150 Two Car DMU in Railtrack livery with a phd conversion kit good repaint comes inner packaging  only but will be well warped .

Shame really, as it is rather nice...

Cheers

Darius

Is the seller residing on the Enterprise? ;) 

Live long and prosper! :)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Simon Moore said:

The description says that the layout in the photos is already sold.  What is on offer is a bespoke layout building service with this as an example of their work.

This kind of thing ain’t cheap.

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

Depending on the man-hours and materials that have gone into it, point motors etc, £14k+ many not be an unreasonable markup for a layout professionally built and supplied in a completed condition.  One has to factor in how long it would take an amateur, even a skilled one, to construct it to this level of completion, part of the added value of such a thing.

It wouldn't be for me; despite operation being my focus I enjoy building and detailing layouts, but some folk may not have the time, skills, or motivation to do this, and if they can afford to have it done for them, good luck to 'em.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Definitely, when you break it down like that it's not that expensive and if you're building it for someone else you can't cut any corners, everything has to work right and look right. 

I don't restore motorcycles for anyone else, despite getting asked.

This is because they have had a quote elsewhere and are looking to get the job done cheaply so that they can make a killing when they invariably sell it a fortnight later.

If I buy a bike for £1000, spend £5000 on materials, parts and services to do the job properly, the remaining £3000 I get when selling is the labour costs. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184969727775?hash=item2b110e0f1f:g:F6cAAOSwGO1hAooD

Collectors Built Queen Ann Rare!!!!!                      Tri-Ang Princess Royal

Princess ann loco????

modern model trains just don’t have this sort of quality???   no they don't they are a lot more accurate and detailed (not so bulletproof)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, CHAZ D said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184969727775?hash=item2b110e0f1f:g:F6cAAOSwGO1hAooD

Collectors Built Queen Ann Rare!!!!!                      Tri-Ang Princess Royal

Princess ann loco????

modern model trains just don’t have this sort of quality???   no they don't they are a lot more accurate and detailed (not so bulletproof)

Another loco being sold without its tender?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Another loco being sold without its tender?

Well, as a spares loco, 4 quid is a good starting price.

But why the piece of "astroturf" as a display medium?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Simon Moore said:

Hmmm.

Yes, quite nice I suppose, but no guarantees that it works, or even that it won’t arrive as a kit of parts!

Even if it is shipped in a “proper box”…:mellow:

The depot is fitted with an electric door opening mechanism that has no been checked for you to figure out at your end.

…..

Please note, that this is a delicate item and may require some reassembly at your end after it's postal trip.

…….

SHIPPING INFORMATION

All items are shipped in proper boxes (which cost me 2.50 to 6.50 GBP, depending on size) and packed so that what you buy, will reach you in perfect condition.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2