EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Thats why I never sell on E-bay.

It is a massive market place though with low costs (if you use their offers) and you can easily get 80+% of new value for second hand items, which is ridiculous compared to the old card in a newsagent approach.

I feel I've pushed my luck a bit recently using it a lot but now I've got through the ridiculous stash of kits i was never going to make, wont be doing so regularly,

• Like 4

On 20/03/2020 at 11:49, AlexHolt said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-ARMY-No-802-LOCO-WITH-SHERMAN-TANK-LOAD-EXCLUSIVE-WAGON-M-M/274312674825?

A Hornby Ruston with a tank glued on to the match wagon. Yours for only £140. 

Maybe it's the 'exclusive' wagon that adds the value........

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Half-full said:

What an odd thing. Who made the class 210 kit? Assuming that's what happened; resin kit and lima donor?

But then, East Midlands fictitious livery? The broad colours are actually done quite well, it's just been beaten up in certain places.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Nova Scotian said:

What an odd thing. Who made the class 210 kit? Assuming that's what happened; resin kit and lima donor?

But then, East Midlands fictitious livery? The broad colours are actually done quite well, it's just been beaten up in certain places.

I don't think a kit is involved.

It's chopped from a 156

Apart from being the wrong length and incorrect side door configuration...

It would have been better based on a 150.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

"Can be collected from the shop"

Police: "Is your journey really necessary sir?"

GEB [*] "Most certainly officer - I have to pick up an over-priced toy model train that I bought on eBay".

Police "Ah, I perfectly understand sir. Let me guide your way with blues and twos - follow me!"

[*] GEB - gullible eBay buyer

• Funny 1

I like that it "can be collected in person from our shop..." So it's £100 plus the fine for breaking the isolation curfew? Bargain.

Pedants please note that I am fully aware that this is their standard selling template etc etc...

Seems a little steep, not that I am an expert on Hornby coaches. If buying it will definitely add £100 to the value of your Brighton belle set then okay, we can dismiss the fact that it is basically a mass produced piece of plastic from China. But somehow I doubt it.

Three days of lockdown and cabin fever is creeping in already, I'm looking at Southern region stock...:crazy_mini:

Gotta go, it's gone really quiet and I have a nasty feeling that Miss Riding Hood is sharpening something.

Edited by MrWolf
Dang it Newbryford, you must have been as bored as me!
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

5 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

That will be a supplementary charge for the "free refills" of coffee in first class at a guess.

Fast forward half a century and think about all those piles of unsellable Triang Pullmans at swap meets and toy fairs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That's been for sale for ages, he was hanging out for £32.99 before Christmas, when I bought an identical item for the starting bid of £6.99 + £3.50 post. I then committed a cardinal sin, binned the box and the awful triang / kitmaster style wheels, built it with scale wheels and three links, painted it and stuck it on the layout. After a 40 year sabbatical, it has finally fulfilled its purpose.

And I'll do it again!:crazy_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3