EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is so damn special about that to justify the price?

Is it perhaps RARE with THREE maybe even FOUR exclamation marks?

She's good at rude gestures. Claims to be "A bit broken".

Other examples are hand gestures which I thought might be a little over the top / offensive even though you keep saying L@@K! :D

12 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

And here we see the violence inherent in the system. I’m just off to attend a farcical aquatic ceremony.

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!:wacko:

• Funny 3

8 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!:wacko:

Easy for you to say, you don't happen to live with a strange woman who owns several swords. At least we don't have a pond.

• Funny 3

22 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Easy for you to say, you don't happen to live with a strange woman who owns several swords. At least we don't have a pond.

But you might have a pool of blood if you're not careful ;)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

35 minutes ago, amdaley said:

But you might have a pool of blood if you're not careful ;)

That's disturbingly true. Which is why I stick to the rules all men should be mindful of:

1. Never wake her up suddenly.

2. Never question the strange things she likes to buy.

3. Never contradict any claim that she has "nothing to wear".

4. Never buy overpriced cr@p off eBay!

• Funny 3

34 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's disturbingly true. Which is why I stick to the rules all men should be mindful of:

1. Never wake her up suddenly.

2. Never question the strange things she likes to buy.

3. Never contradict any claim that she has "nothing to wear".

4. Never buy overpriced cr@p off eBay!

No 4 is a step to far for me ;)

• Funny 4

20 minutes ago, amdaley said:

No 4 is a step to far for me ;)

Okay, just for those of you who are man enough to admit that they have a problem (100 bloke points to you amdaley!)

4. Never let her find out how much you pay for overpriced cr@p off eBay.

We have a side deal tbh, she doesn't ask about the trains and I don't ask about her clothes.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Okay, just for those of you who are man enough to admit that they have a problem (100 bloke points to you amdaley!)

4. Never let her find out how much you pay for overpriced cr@p off eBay.

We have a side deal tbh, she doesn't ask about the trains and I don't ask about her clothes.

There's always the one in one out system you could mention.......

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNER-GC-BR-D10-Director-loco-body-kit-only-Not-built-Resin-body-with-tender/293602633063?hash=item445c14a567%3Ag%3AJPAAAOSwOzFe2RTa&LH_Auction=1

£51 so far a "armoured" plated version of LNER  D10 . Look at the thickness of the Tender sides, Boiler and Roof top fittings etc. 

Edited by micklner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, micklner said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNER-GC-BR-D10-Director-loco-body-kit-only-Not-built-Resin-body-with-tender/293602633063?hash=item445c14a567%3Ag%3AJPAAAOSwOzFe2RTa&LH_Auction=1

£51 so far a "armoured" plated version of LNER  D10 . Look at the thickness of the Tender sides, Boiler and Roof top fittings etc. 

That looks heavier than the old BEC white metal jobs from the 60's.

Obviously RARE.

Go on, buy it and shove an old Triang 4-4-0 chassis under it... There's a twisted side to everyone! :D

Edited by MrWolf
Thought of something else daft to say...
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, MartinWales said:

There's always the one in one out system you could mention.......

Unfortunately that doesn't work on Miss Riding Hood. On the upside, she has given all my old motorcycles names and I am not allowed to sell them. The bike she is sitting on in the photo is called Katy after it's registration number, if I sell that, I will be in trouble.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

For some reason I can't post eBay links anymore, but a Bachmann 4car underground set, LTM-35-990 was started at £490, which I thought was ridiculous, but it's gone for north of £700.

There's also a 5 car set elsewhere on b.i.n for £929!

The world's gone crazy.

Mike.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

For some reason I can't post eBay links anymore, but a Bachmann 4car underground set, LTM-35-990 was started at £490, which I thought was ridiculous, but it's gone for north of £700.

There's also a 5 car set elsewhere on b.i.n for £929!

The world's gone crazy.

Mike.

:blink::wacko:

• Like 3

I have two questions about ebay madness.

1) Is this ebay madness?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R4110A-BR-Mk1-Composite-Coach-Blue-Grey-Livery-OO-Gauge-Model-Railway-NEW/254576537754?epid=596160400&hash=item3b45f1b09a:g:eecAAOSw175b8uIJ

2) Does the postage fee include keeping the van?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-39-675-675DC-BR-Intercity-Mk2F-TOURIST-OPEN-COACH-E5911-BODY-ONLY/293602360825?hash=item445c107df9:g:v5cAAOSwxbJe2L7F

Edit: According to the seller, this is what Royal Mail now charge for signed small parcels. To quote them: 'Have you ever checked postal costs in the last 20 years?' For the record, I have. It's £4.70!

Edit: Even they now admit it's a little steep. Carry on!

Edited by DK123GWR

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, DK123GWR said:

Something strange going on here - all this seller's items are £1,000.  Possibly some listings during an ebay offer period, gettting stuff listed quickly and then going back to decide on more realsitic prices?

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Something strange going on here - all this seller's items are £1,000.  Possibly some listings during an ebay offer period, gettting stuff listed quickly and then going back to decide on more realsitic prices?

I suspect a case of typing 10.00 and forgot the "."