Tucking Mill

queensquare

Just to echo Will's sentiments, I had a very enjoyable day on Saturday (also being allowed to be let loose on TM at Leamington) - Thanks Jerry.

During the day I managed to take a few pics on an iPod (hence the less than great quality).  The Midland 1F &1P locos looked lovely and did sterling service running faultlessly despite the hall being carpeted and really humid (obviously the other locos were running too).

post-12089-0-22646200-1457445807_thumb.jpg

post-12089-0-69531800-1457445808_thumb.jpg

post-12089-0-64322000-1457445809_thumb.jpg

post-12089-0-01615700-1457445803_thumb.jpg

post-12089-0-96610300-1457445803_thumb.jpg

post-12089-0-97812500-1457445804_thumb.jpg

post-12089-0-99223000-1457445805_thumb.jpg

Ian

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Had a great weekend in Leamington with Tucking Mill. Also great to catch up with Ian, Andy & Will. The new venue for the show had it challenges, not least the tropical conditions in our area, although it was worse in others!

post-1467-0-40430100-1457476340_thumb.jpg

Rush Hour at Tucking Mill!

post-1467-0-28589000-1457476344_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-06963500-1457476349_thumb.jpg

Some road based visitors

post-1467-0-87325900-1457476334_thumb.jpg

There appears to be some sort of time & space distortion in the wharf area, and probably some track distortion after these visitors!

post-1467-0-50086200-1457476354_thumb.jpg

A visitor from afar. 

Tom. 

• Like 13

Nice pictures Tom, I like the early 80's preservation scene with the Austerity and sparkly new Ford Fiesta...

...though my dodgy old white metal cars do show up just how lovely Jerry's surrounding modelling is!!

(We stopped short of recreating a full present day park and ride service with a line up of reasonably priced Japanese hatchbacks meeting the 153....)

An excellent weekend... somehow after dismissing the idea for ages I have embraced the idea of uncoupling and shunting.. really enjoyed it.

Edited by Will J
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just to echo Will's sentiments, I had a very enjoyable day on Saturday (also being allowed to be let loose on TM at Leamington) - Thanks Jerry.

During the day I managed to take a few pics on an iPod (hence the less than great quality).  The Midland 1F &1P locos looked lovely and did sterling service running faultlessly despite the hall being carpeted and really humid (obviously the other locos were running too).

attachicon.gifJC - Wharf1.jpg

Ian

Is that the Highbury Colliery shunter rebuilt as an 0-6-0ST?

• RMweb Premium

"The grounded coach body in the final shot was plonked there by Tim Watson and actually belongs on Copenhagen Fields - it does look rather good there and yes I did give it back before heading for home!"

Looks like one of Denys Brownlee's Great Northern coach mouldings given a new incarnation in the manner of many old coaches. I think I have some of those mouldings in one of my (many) gloat boxes!

I believe that there was quite a little 2mm community at Ally Pally. I was 300 miles further north enjoying the presentations at the Cumbrian Railways Association spring meeting where I was fortunate to see some beautifully modelled 7mm Maryport & Carlisle wagons. I never knew that one small railway could have so many varieties of chauldron wagon! An interesting railway the M & C and would well deserve the Black Dwarf/Lightmoor treatment.

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

"The grounded coach body in the final shot was plonked there by Tim Watson and actually belongs on Copenhagen Fields - it does look rather good there and yes I did give it back before heading for home!"Looks like one of Denys Brownlee's Great Northern coach mouldings given a new incarnation in the manner of many old coaches. I think I have some of those mouldings in one of my (many) gloat boxes!I believe that there was quite a little 2mm community at Ally Pally. I was 300 miles further north enjoying the presentations at the Cumbrian Railways Association spring meeting where I was fortunate to see some beautifully modelled 7mm Maryport & Carlisle wagons. I never knew that one small railway could have so many varieties of chauldron wagon! An interesting railway the M & C and would well deserve the Black Dwarf/Lightmoor treatment.David

Hi David, there was indeed quite a number of 2 mm modellers at Ally Pally, made for a really enjoyable weekend - a real yak fest as you call them:-))

The grounded coach body is part of the group that Matthew Wald made for CF so I'm not sure of its origins although it looked very much at home on TM. If it is one of Denys's mouldings I shall try and track one down. For anyone who knows the Titfield Thunderbolt it would also pass muster as Dan's coach - just need a well wagon for it to sit on!

Jerry

• Like 2

The grounded coach body is part of the group that Matthew Wald made for CF so I'm not sure of its origins although it looked very much at home on TM. If it is one of Denys's mouldings I shall try and track one down. For anyone who knows the Titfield Thunderbolt it would also pass muster as Dan's coach - just need a well wagon for it to sit on!

Jerry,

Oh no! I once had five or six sets of Denys's GNR 4-wheel coach mouldings in a gloat box and would have happily given you some, but I passed them on three or four years ago at a 2mm meet. Now I'm racking my brains to remember who had them from me...  :scratchhead:

Edited by Phil Copleston

• RMweb Premium

Hi David, there was indeed quite a number of 2 mm modellers at Ally Pally, made for a really enjoyable weekend - a real yak fest as you call them:-))

Jerry

Jerry,

Oh no! I once had five or six sets of Denys's GNR 4-wheel coach mouldings in a gloat box and would have happily given you some, but I passed them on three or four years ago at a 2mm meet. Now I'm racking my brains to remember who had them from me...  :scratchhead:

Mmm, I think it may have been me. Looked in the gloat box and found 2 x Brake 3rds and 1 x 5 compartment third. Descriptions written on the bag in Mr Copleston's fair hand! Would you like them, Jerry? Otherwise they can go on slumbering in my gloat box . . .

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Jerry has another interesting 0-6-0ST in the works, looking forward to seeing its stripes!

It's a 3D print which Will kindly gave me several years ago. The body is pretty much how it was when I got it but if does have a chassis now - I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Mmm, I think it may have been me. Looked in the gloat box and found 2 x Brake 3rds and 1 x 5 compartment third. Descriptions written on the bag in Mr Copleston's fair hand! Would you like them, Jerry? Otherwise they can go on slumbering in my gloat box . . .David

Yes please David, many thanks. I'll email you,

Jerry

• Like 1

Yes please David, many thanks. I'll email you,

Jerry

Ahhh success! Thanks for the enlightenment and your kind generosity to Jerry, David. Now I can stop worrying about what happened to them. 

They'll make up into quite a nice little rake, albeit starting from just sides, no ends. Denys designed them to fit on the old Graham Farish 4-wheeler coach chassis, but no doubt you'll prefer to make your own from 2mm etches. Either way, these old mouldings have quite a pedigree and been on something of a journey!    

Edited by Phil Copleston

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Blimey over a year since a post on the TM thread. Well we have just had a great weekend at York where, as usual, the Wharf played host to some likely, and unlikely visitors!

IMG_6433.JPG.77a9a66536de32155dc45c55f691fd99.JPG

We'll start with the unlikely - Nigel Hunt's fab L&Y 0-8-0, what an ugly great brute. I love it though I'm not sure what the shunter makes of it!!

IMG_6435.JPG.b263e631d684f986e5e0ac5143ba43a1.JPG

The new Farish 64xx with a brace of their equally superb Hawksworth  auto trailers posed at the Wharf with an enthusiasts special - a very Forest of Dean feel I think.

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I agree with the FOD feel although I think the loco would probably have been black. It is nice to be reminded of how good the layout is. What will you have to delight us at SWAG. See then.

Don

• RMweb Gold

I agree with the FOD feel although I think the loco would probably have been black. It is nice to be reminded of how good the layout is. What will you have to delight us at SWAG. See then.

Don

A quick flick through Neil Parkhouse's fabulous colour volumes on the FOD reveal numerous lined green 64xx panniers on two, or sometimes three auto trailers working enthusiasts specials.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Lovely to see TM at Newport GOG exhibition last weekend.

(Shhhhh......best layout there.....)

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Lovely to see TM at Newport GOG exhibition last weekend.

(Shhhhh......best layout there.....)

Rob.

Thanks Rob, we had a great day in Wales doing 2FS missionary work! Kim's a native of the valleys so we cross the bridge fairly frequently.

TM certainly looked very small alongside some of that lovely 7mm stuff - don't know about that fat bloke at the controls - Kim has him on a diet!!

post-1074-0-62362600-1493284009_thumb.jpg

Jerry

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Interesting about the 64xx on the FoD. I was thinking more about the 2021 class which stayed black so far as I am aware. Watch you don't get too seduced by the 7mm stuff.  :nono:

Don