Tucking Mill

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

See you there tomorrow Jerry.  And er, any chance of a quick play?

Cheers, Dave.

By all means Dave, bit smaller than what you're used to but I'm sure you'll cope!

Phil Copleston and David Long of this Parish, as well as Kim, will be helping me out although I am sharing my co-operators with Maurice on St Juliot who is opposite us so don't be surprised if your enthusiasm results in a bit of S scale operations as well :senile:

Jerry

• Like 1

I have the recovery from tonight's outing, a meeting with the bank and a BBQ planned for this weekend so I will have to await the photographs of the new liveries. Though would it not be more correct to distribute them by postcard?  :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jerry,

Thank you very much for letting me loose on Tucking Mill for so long on Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent getting "up close and personal" with the layout, and was very impressed by the running quality.  I must have been doing okay, as the regulars left me to it for quite a long time.

I was particularly impressed with the uncoupling arrangements, never having operated with DGs before.  In particular the way the advance uncoupling set itself up without having to shuffle backwards and forwards as you do with Kadee or Sprat & Winkle for instance.

Hope the rest of the weekend went well,

All the best, Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A thoroughly enjoyable and friendly show as ever. Chris Challis never disappoints with his layout booking. This time there was a smaller visiting group than is usual from DRAG.

One always seem to spend more time catching up with old friends and acquaintances than looking at the layouts!

I did particularly enjoy looking at 'Broadford' the Aussie layout.

As an aside, the builder of the 'Torre' layout , which, as work in progress, shows huge potential for the future, lives but a very short distance from me and another P4 modeller. Indeed, he used to have the house next door to the one that I've just bought!...Small world as they say...

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jerry,

Thank you very much for letting me loose on Tucking Mill for so long on Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent getting "up close and personal" with the layout, and was very impressed by the running quality.  I must have been doing okay, as the regulars left me to it for quite a long time.

I was particularly impressed with the uncoupling arrangements, never having operated with DGs before.  In particular the way the advance uncoupling set itself up without having to shuffle backwards and forwards as you do with Kadee or Sprat & Winkle for instance.

Hope the rest of the weekend went well,

All the best, Dave.

Hi Dave,

good to see you Saturday, I'm glad you enjoyed operating TM, my team pretty much left you to it having all gone for a sit down in Maurice's S scale lounge!! We had a great weekend - Wells is one of those shows where the social aspects are every bit as important as the quality of the modelling (which is always high).

Jerry

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't take any pictures at the show but snapped these earlier today before packing the stock away ready for leaving on our great northern adventure in the morning.

Maurice Hopper didn't forget his camera and snapped my entire operating team sat in front of St Juliot - thankfully Dave Taylor was operating TM at the time!!

Jerry,

Thanks for the superb photos of TM. Always the sign of an excellent model when you can't tell what scale it is just from the photos, in my book. Very inspirational.  :good:

Dodgy looking operating crew though, 'specially that bloke at the front...  :hunter:   

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have only just found this topic and it is excellent.

Quote: 

Mark Fielder helped out on the Sunday and brought along his tramway Peckett - another fine performer.

attachicon.gifIMG_2784a.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2785a.jpg

What type of Peckett is this?

The Peckett is a butchered set of Peco castings. It remains a little on the chunky side but is a very attractive little loco and an excellent performer. Mark did an article on its construction in the 2mm mag a few years ago.

Jerry,

Thanks for the superb photos of TM. Always the sign of an excellent model when you can't tell what scale it is just from the photos, in my book. Very inspirational.  :good:

Dodgy looking operating crew though, 'specially that bloke at the front...  :hunter:   

Thanks Phil, they are indeed a motley looking bunch!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

If you delve around in the uk standard gauge industrial section, you'll find a thread on my Peckett. The inspiration comes from the saddle tanks used at the Guinness brewery in Dublin, although those were Hudswell Clarke locos.

Mark

• 2 months later...

I've procured a copy but haven't read it yet: that will wait until after dinner. I just wanted to express my delight in seeing the new reduced shine NSLR livery - I really like the colour. I also noted the provision of a whole 1st class carriage. There must be a good number of wealthy passengers!

• RMweb Gold

I've procured a copy but haven't read it yet: that will wait until after dinner. I just wanted to express my delight in seeing the new reduced shine NSLR livery - I really like the colour. I also noted the provision of a whole 1st class carriage. There must be a good number of wealthy passengers!

As I note in the article, the all first is particularly optimistic. I can only assume that when the Squire bought them from the Great Eastern they came as a job lot!! 

Jerry

• Like 2