Camden Shed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Iain, fantastic video, trackwork looks great, nice sound track too.

Is that St Saviours steeple in the background, or am I just imagining it.

Love the cross border pushing past the local as they crest the climb, perfect start to any morning

Edited by 1BCamden
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Stanley. Hope all well with you?

Yes it is indeed St Saviour’s I think. Salvaged from the painted backscene of Camden Shed mk1.

60393BAB-4047-4432-9CEC-A7DAB1A9B88B.jpeg.48b02a43a81d1ba0f0229965a8b30343.jpeg

The other backscene boards can’t really work on the new layout as 12’ doesn’t really stretch to 22’, but the two ends work well.  The challenge will be to paint the rest to (a) match and (b) represent the scene.  

Probably will now have to remove and carefully store all of the backscene boards, buildings and almost all of the stock in order to make some more progress on construction.  

Iain

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Thanks mate. It is definitely a bit of a milestone and close to a bigger one which is when I can be really happy with the running for any loco and stock on all 4 mainlines.  The up lines are pretty good, and the down lines are almost there.   Then I think we can get a good impression of 300-600 tons being dragged over the top of the bank or being held back approaching the descent, and I can start work on the shed area.  

I may at least do the painting, ballasting and weathering of the mainlines and the goods yard approaches before completing the shed area.  Anyway……  

Hope all well with you.

Iain

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/09/2021 at 08:00, 92220 said:

And somewhat late but a few down trains for your pleasure:

Obviously not much variation in passenger stock yet but will be rectified in time.  Some slight tweaking needed to smooth out running. I think some of the blame is with bogie wheels, but we will see.

hope you enjoy.

Iain

Wouldn't you just love to be back there in tose days!..........brilliant stuff.

Rgds.Mike

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 19/12/2021 at 20:18, Schiller 25 said:

Evening.

Would it be possible to advise what the designations (B6 etc) of the pointwork in the area between the turntable and shed entrance are please? And what are the diamonds - they are clearly not standard items.

TIA

Bernard

Hello Bernard,

there are four B6s, one B7 and one B8 in that area.  The three that are on the loco road next to the down fast are all B6. I expect that they probably aren’t completely correct but I planned it from the real track plan from the OS map which I purchased.  So they are as they are.  

The diamonds are completely bespoke and part curved so I have no clue.  They will just be built from the templot plan. Because the whole area is checkrailed throughout and I haven’t worked out how to do that on templot, I haven’t even turned them into diamonds, rather just left the intersecting tracks as they are.  

Iain

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schiller 25 said:

Thank you very much.

I aspire to do that area in S7 to show off some engines. I like trackwork and those two diamonds really grab my attention!

Bernard

No problem, Bernard.

If there is anything more you need please do ask. It may be buried in this thread, or my head, or more likely one of the various sources I have. 

I would love to see any of your S7 locos too!

Iain

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/12/2021 at 21:21, Schiller 25 said:

Thank you.

Just so I don`t transgress too far can I ask if you know about JLTRT models, David Andrews, ABC motors, Finney S7, Lawrie Loveless and Gladiator models?

Wrong scale..this layout is a 4mm one  ot a 7mm one.

Baz

44 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Wrong scale..this layout is a 4mm one  ot a 7mm one.

Baz

I think it was in response to Schiller saying he aspired to do that area in S7, Baz.

On 26/12/2021 at 21:21, Schiller 25 said:

Thank you.

Just so I don`t transgress too far can I ask if you know about JLTRT models, David Andrews, ABC motors, Finney S7, Lawrie Loveless and Gladiator models?

There’s a nice 7mm scale layout of the top end of Camden shed that was on the exhibition circuit,  JLTRT are now MM1 models Loveless is now 55H models 

MM1 and David Andrews only tend to do short production runs of kits, 

Finney 7 for the ultimate Duchess, Gladiator kits are currently being updated and there’s always masterpiece models as well.  

New year greetings to all on this impressive thread. I have returned to it after some months spent updating our website and researching the W. and A. Gilbey operations in the goods depot. I have also been looking at the Dumpton Place entrance to the Shed and attach my contribution to this. I hope it will be properly marked one day. I expect to be working with Network Rail later this month on Stephenson Walk, a pedestrian and cycle way from the Regent's Canal towpath, along the mainline, rising up to Regent's Park Road at the bridge by the former Primrose Hill station. 

Doorways to Shed 2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

22 hours ago, CRHT1837 said:

New year greetings to all on this impressive thread. I have returned to it after some months spent updating our website and researching the W. and A. Gilbey operations in the goods depot. I have also been looking at the Dumpton Place entrance to the Shed and attach my contribution to this. I hope it will be properly marked one day. I expect to be working with Network Rail later this month on Stephenson Walk, a pedestrian and cycle way from the Regent's Canal towpath, along the mainline, rising up to Regent's Park Road at the bridge by the former Primrose Hill station. 

Doorways to Shed 2.jpg

Many thanks indeed.  That’s so helpful!

best wishes,

Iain

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Looks great! Did you think about using DAS or filler and using a tool to mark the setts? It worked on Herculaneum Dock but your method produces a good result.

Baz

• Thanks 1