post-10140-0-30362600-1513205342_thumb.j

I was hoping to see a layout up and running by this evening  :jester:

Looks great though

Jim

Edited by jcarta
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Iaian ..reminds me of a house with Cwmafon in it a long time ago. But you don't need to haul yourself into the loft from a set of steps.

Looks Great!

Baz

• Like 2

What a great railway room that`s turned out to be.

You`re going to have a lot of fun filling it when you get started again. At least with the buildings you`ve already constructed, your going to give yourself a bit of a head start. I would imagine that`s a bit of a way off yet though.

Cheers just now,

Jim.

• 1 month later...

Hi Iain,

The loft conversion has come together really nicely and I bet you can't wait t start building the layout again and what a lovely big space to have too.

This photo popped up in one of my searches on flickr the other night. You may have already seen it but thought it may be of use if you hadn't.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffsimages/26905327257/in/photolist-23WhFAY-26FvszP-25ijcar-26AtUT5-GZwQqH-26yR43S-GYCQk6-25g1Wbp-JWNJHc-JsRdB1-GSYN9Z-26rpfb7-214Xmm5-Jkdz6U-GNLkNR-GNLhoK-256Q6F2-26xRiRA-GV99V8-26p5Dij

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 2

Looks great.

Is that wire hanging down intended for the 'dinner's ready' bell? :jester:

(yes, I know that it's really for the linked mains powered smoke alarm but that's essentially boring)

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, we’ve had a few minor delays. The usual stuff due to the particularly cold damp spring meaning the floor coverings are only just being fitted now. Plus the painters were delayed on another job for 2 weeks I definitely can’t complain about our builder who, along with his team, has been simply extraordinary in his diligence, attention to detail, craftsmanship and punctuality.

The railway room being admired by Mrs 92220. Workbench will be at the far end (you can see the duct for the extractor fan for the spray booth) and LVT floor goes in this week. Should be in on 18th May, with luck.

attachicon.gif52E1ECA6-6130-4B48-9F89-793771AF8ABC.jpeg

Iain

Nice to see that she is smiling Iain - does that really mean 'if you think this is going to house a layout then I've got news for you?'  ;)

• Like 1

Hi Iain,

The loft conversion has come together really nicely and I bet you can't wait t start building the layout again and what a lovely big space to have too.

This photo popped up in one of my searches on flickr the other night. You may have already seen it but thought it may be of use if you hadn't.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffsimages/26905327257/in/photolist-23WhFAY-26FvszP-25ijcar-26AtUT5-GZwQqH-26yR43S-GYCQk6-25g1Wbp-JWNJHc-JsRdB1-GSYN9Z-26rpfb7-214Xmm5-Jkdz6U-GNLkNR-GNLhoK-256Q6F2-26xRiRA-GV99V8-26p5Dij

Best regards,

Jeremy

That’s a great pic Jeremy, thank you. It shows some building details that I hadn’t got.

Looks great.

Is that wire hanging down intended for the 'dinner's ready' bell? :jester:

(yes, I know that it's really for the linked mains powered smoke alarm but that's essentially boring)

Hey, I’m the cook in our house!

Nice to see that she is smiling Iain - does that really mean 'if you think this is going to house a layout then I've got news for you?'  ;)

Ha! She knows, and approves, thankfully. It’s better than me being in the shed.

That looks like a nice modelling room, especially if it is a bright as it looks.

It is very bright, by design. We have skylight blinds to reduce sun bleaching, but the whole room should be fairly bright and airy. I hope. The walls and ceilings are a light grey.

Iain

• Like 3

Well, we’ve had a few minor delays. The usual stuff due to the particularly cold damp spring meaning the floor coverings are only just being fitted now. Plus the painters were delayed on another job for 2 weeks I definitely can’t complain about our builder who, along with his team, has been simply extraordinary in his diligence, attention to detail, craftsmanship and punctuality.

The railway room being admired by Mrs 92220. Workbench will be at the far end (you can see the duct for the extractor fan for the spray booth) and LVT floor goes in this week. Should be in on 18th May, with luck.

attachicon.gif52E1ECA6-6130-4B48-9F89-793771AF8ABC.jpeg

Iain

I'm green with envy of that room; although if I did have one like that I would hardly ever emerge into the real world. 

• Like 3

What a great room to have although you could have got a putting studio instead!!

It's a superb room with boundless opportunities for a stonking model of Camden. I look forward to seeing progress on the new version.

Don't let anyone try and divert you with talk about putting. I used to play golf once and found out things about myself I'd rather not have known. I am now in agreement with the man who said that golf is a good walk spoiled, but don't let me try and put you off!

Best wishes

Terry D

• 5 months later...

Morning,

I posted a quick update on the Motive Power thread, but here is the latest (lack of) progress and a photo.

The new house is completed and we moved in 5 months ago. Inevitable long list of things to do even in a “finished” house - garden, shed, fence, wood store, broadband, furnishings, persuading the council to drop the kerb within 2 years of asking etc. You know the sort of stuff.

But it is pretty much all that we wanted it to be, and it has been a 10 year project that was worth every minute of perseverance and determination, not to mention every pound we have spent on it.

I’ve also been exceptionally busy at work this year, and I’ve just completed my first season of trying to play Seniors golf in Europe. So the sum total of progress on the layout is for me to have started to create the workshop and layout room on the top floor. Realistically, I knew that building Camden Shed Mk2 would take a while, but I am definitely going to consider enlisting (paying for) more help than I initially thought I would need, to build the layout itself.

Well, I’ve already considered it. And I need it!

Hope to have more to show in the not-too-distant future.

Iain

post-10140-0-96486100-1540803856_thumb.jpeg

• Like 19

Hi Ian,

I would love a work area like that. I'm thinking of locos I could build if I had that.

Mark

Hi Mark,

That was the idea!

Hope alll well with you.

Iain

Thanks for thinking to update us, moving into your new home would be a challenge in its self, unpacking the layout will be another.

Hi Stanley,

Been a long time! Hope all well with you.

The biggest problem with unpacking the layout is that most of it is in the tip! I’ve got a big task ahead to build a new version but it’s exciting to be able to do it better and to scale. All the buildings, structures, locos, stock etc are safely stored for re-use. The boards, track and wiring will be all new.

Best wishes,

Iain

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Iain

This is really coming together!

It immediately brought back memories of waiting on the shed entrance footbridge until all the office staff were 'busy', then ducking down under the window level and scuttling along the shed wall and coal road to the turntable end! I can hear - and smell - that coaler working even now!

All the best

Brian

• Like 2