Copenhagen Fields

CF MRC

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Yorkshire Square said:

Either those buildings at the front are over scale, or the painter and decorator hired by CF (looks vaguely familiar) is an elf... :blink:

Interesting illusion isn’t it.

Tim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2019 at 19:24, CF MRC said:

A little bit of CF history from 1989 has been found by Justin on YouTube:

https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-RBaSdUMIMM&data=01|01|timothy.f.watson%40kcl.ac.uk|ddadbdd495e54aea33d208d6a7e4fec3|8370cf1416f34c16b83c724071654356|0&sdata=12O1tds5JFkeP9kwOot6UQ8pCWSzdVi6GA83ul4MHAs%3D&reserved=0

It was our very first Blue Peter appearance: I didn’t know the film existed.  The second appearance was a disaster - a live derailment - but the third and fourth were very successful, especially the latter which involved blue screen filming. Incidentally, the top of my head features at the back of the layout (darker hair in those days) as we were running it sitting on the floor.   What is interesting is how informative the commentary is on the layout, one wonders if a modern children’s programme would have such depth. However, they (we) were a bit optimistic to think that the layout would be finished in 5 years!

Tim

Thank you for sharing this! Did you start using "sticky back plastic" after being on Blue Peter - seemed to be  a regular staple when I was a kid...... :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

The ‘through the sky’ iPad viewing has been properly set up now on CF.  It really does transform the operator’s view at the back. 

8636B34E-6BEA-4AAB-85A7-2AF4E1EDACAA.jpeg.9d8dc091eacc688a04b30ae16534459c.jpeg

Whilst at the same time, another film crew have been set to work on the top of the tunnel. 

29D0481E-3CE4-4F0A-91F2-5BE8B0F8C736.jpeg.a1a91d3ee7f394b9dfeee387fa8dfa30.jpeg

Tim

• Like 19

Fantastic stuff!
Great angle for being able to see what's going on out the front.
Might need to get the roads board to fix those pot holes on bridge though... :mosking:

8 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Might need to get the roads board to fix those pot holes on bridge though... :mosking:

They're nothing compared to some of the ones round here!   One of these days someone is going to fall into one and come out at your side!   :jester:

Jim

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, Caley Jim said:

They're nothing compared to some of the ones round here!   One of these days someone is going to fall into one and come out at your side!   :jester:

Jim

No they are just the latest man hole covers 

Nick

• RMweb Premium

The road bridge will actually be the ramp line that goes from KX Goods up to the Caledonian Goods & Coal Yard. It will therefore have a train going up and down it at 1:37.  Apparently known as the little Lickey.  It has to be removable, hence the scale potholes,  as it is only a placeholder for the structure. Maybe this summer’s job.  The complexity of track in Belle Isle really couldn’t be invented. 

There is much to do on CF. 

Tim

• RMweb Premium

Inspired by our rather busy and spectacular weather systems of late I have extended the storm on CF. 

7C3ABB18-61D9-4F9A-8D51-C3573823229D.jpeg.075d33cb2937c53db413e476ba378f79.jpeg

It also serves to ‘lose’ the hole in the sky.  

The layout has now been put into hibernation until September, so here is an exciting picture of the storage boxes. 

4DFA8F40-F63F-4219-B02D-A36819AC13F5.jpeg.54b48e5e1374e17db706eec2b3ec80d9.jpeg

With all the work that has been undertaken of late I would expect we will have trimmed off 10-15 min for set up and take down times: not at all trivial when exhibiting a layout of this size and complexity. 

Tim

• Like 15

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Interesting to observe that Chiltern Green made its exhibition debut 4O years ago on 29/9/79 - one week after marrying my first wife.

1640339908_CGLH1.jpeg.1064bbdb4b32c1c648090af167fa0a48.jpeg

Luton Hoo was added a couple of years later.

Hobby-016.jpeg.be491b4bc81834d7881653a4b9c266ba.jpeg

The J7 is still doing Stirling (sic) service on CF.

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, CF MRC said:

Interesting to observe that Chiltern Green made its exhibition debut 4O years ago on 29/9/79 - one week after marrying my first wife.

Luton Hoo was added a couple of years later.

The J7 is still doing Stirling (sic) service on CF.

Tim

I suspect there are times that Cecily suspects she might well be married to CG&LH and CF!

1 hour ago, Ian Smith said:

Your first wife was married to Chiltern Green??? :jester:

1 hour ago, CF MRC said:

She certainly thinks so...and CF...

Tim

Well unlike us humans these layouts improve with time, have had lots of maintenance so don't fall apart and are relatively easy to control.  :jester:

1 hour ago, Ian Smith said:

Your first wife was married to Chiltern Green??? :jester:

So by definition, as you refer to wife number one and assuming you are now on wife number two (or later!), you are divorced? Did wife number one not want Chiltern Green as part of the divorce settlement??!!