Copenhagen Fields

CF MRC

5 hours ago, 65179 said:

Those under the canopy shots are just amazing Tim. Fantastic modelling.

Regards,

Simon 

Agreed

I have to keep reminding myself it is in 2mm. I’d be more than happy with similar results in 4mm!

Plus I find the dedication over such a period inspirational. 
Keep on buggering on! :good_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, bécasse said:

Obviously a Sunday or Bank Holiday morning, the place would have been buzzing with activity in any early morning sunshine on working days.

Well it is a Bank Holiday Sunday  today, David. 

Tim

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, CF MRC said:

‘Descent’ horses are galloping on the way, Jerry.

If anyone wants any Bishop & Sons sides, I have some spare. 

Tim

Thats great news though in repose with their head in a food bag rather than galloping please! :-)

Jerry

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

They knew how to compose a song title in those days.

Some of the Bonzo Dog Do Dah band song titles take some beating like "I'm gonna bring a watermelon to my girl tonight".

But back to the modelling; I'm very impressed with the latest developments.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CF MRC said:

Bloodstock on CF will soon be improving...

D6C83538-D48B-4404-82E3-D2F5C142F793.png
So we shall need some shovels and wheelbarrows...

Tim

Tim,

Really nice to see some horses in 2mm scale that actually look like horses!!

I really must take a micro chisel and low melt solder to the white metal lumps in my collection.

Ian

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I  couldn't decide whether the horses are a touch on the lightweight side or whether my recollections have been coloured by only seeing Ardenne horses (which are real heavyweights and which are still used here on forestry work because they can go - and haul - where no motorised vehicle can) for the last decade.

As to the "manure", if the local houses had even minute gardens, as opposed to just a paved backyard, any droppings would have remained in the road for seconds before being collected. It was a highly prized free "good" and I remember housewives dashing out front, shovels in hand, as soon as they heard the clatter of hooves.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, bécasse said:

I  couldn't decide whether the horses are a touch on the lightweight side or whether my recollections have been coloured by only seeing Ardenne horses (which are real heavyweights and which are still used here on forestry work because they can go - and haul - where no motorised vehicle can) for the last decade.

The main heavy horse in Scotland is the Clydesdale and they are BIG, typically 18 hands+. My daughter has a cross Clydesdale and she towers over my 6ft. Docile big softy, like all the breed. 

Jim 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Gareth Collier said:

I've found the horses here suitably sized for 2mm and looking vaguely horse like....

https://pendraken.co.uk/scenic-items-terrain/animals/

An interesting range. Possible uses include lions as part of monuments. A zebra would be appropriate for London in the 1920s as one was trained to pull a cart as part of a bet. We have the scene recreated on Narrow Road.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2021 at 00:14, CF MRC said:

Bloodstock on CF will soon be improving...

Can you reveal who did the design/printing for these, Tim?

I seem to remember hearing at Alan at ModelU was of the opinion "never work with children or animals" ... 

A bit of Googling suggests there's quite a market for photogrammetry of horses though! https://3dprint.com/137010/my-horse-in-3d/ 

• Like 1