CF MRC

Copenhagen Fields

Mark,

it is a pity you did not get the same angle shot as the B&W photo shown earlier, so a proper comparison could be made.

2 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

Mark,

it is a pity you did not get the same angle shot as the B&W photo shown earlier, so a proper comparison could be made.

These were quick unplanned grab shots so you'll simply have to accept them as they are.

This view from the Luftwaffe archives held at the Smithsonian may help Ian. 
A9BDE98E-1B52-4422-AE71-4B03202DB35B_zps

Tim

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, AY Mod said:

A bit of a generalisation; when I'm photographing a layout I also like to record how an effect is achieved, not just the outcome of the effect.

Guilty of generalisation as charged. There was a time when the magazines seemed to be full of very well taken close ups but didn't give me the feel of how the layout fitted together. The pendulum may have swung back a bit.  I like to see a mix of close ups but also other photos showing the layout as a whole.  You do take some cracking shots Andy. Hope to see you at Staplegrove in April.

Don

• Thanks 1

The recent improvement in detail to Maiden Lane Station showed up the scenic flats next to it.

0A185D88-6B32-4321-A5EE-3105506D34A8_zps
I therefore dug out Brian Dollemore’s original 1996 drawings of our terraced houses and made an 80% copy which was then mounted on thin ply and hand painted.

DAF89CF2-03C0-4BF5-A52B-E8F8E43BC439_zps

The effect on the layout is satisfactory, especially when viewed from five feet away. 
E4B84125-6103-4519-B026-C17BC2D7B075_zps

The strange chimney pot on the station building is actually a hole in the back scene, through which an iPad peers, so that the operators can see the front. 

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 23/02/2020 at 09:33, CF MRC said:

This view from the Luftwaffe archives held at the Smithsonian may help Ian. 
A9BDE98E-1B52-4422-AE71-4B03202DB35B_zps

Tim

G'day Folks

Viewing the above picture, I was surprised how close the headshunt, of the yard above Copenhagen tunnel, is to the 'Other' end of Copenhagen tunnelmouth, with a little more effort (and money), it could have joined the Down Slow at Holloway.

manna

When we originally looked at making a model of the area we started using a small sized OS map and assumed that the two did indeed join.  The Luftwaffe were flying a Heinkel 1/144 when this photo was taken...

Tim

• Like 1

damn shame Ally Pally is cancelled/postponed.

Please , Tim , occasionally send details of progress made and snaps , , otherwise i'll get  CF withdrawal symptoms ! ( if no others ! )

Regards

EB Andy.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, east barnet andy said:

damn shame Ally Pally is cancelled/postponed.

Please , Tim , occasionally send details of progress made and snaps , , otherwise i'll get  CF withdrawal symptoms ! ( if no others ! )

Regards

EB Andy.  

MRJ 278 (which has just gone to the printers) has a couple of wonderful pictures from the recent photo shoot by Barry Norman as a prelude to a full article, and lots more pictures, in MRJ 279.

Jerry

• Like 5

thanks for the info , old chap ; as soon as it hits the shelves i'll rush down to the newsagent  ( if I'm allowed out of my house ) !!!

regards and thanks again

Andy.

1 hour ago, east barnet andy said:

thanks for the info , old chap ; as soon as it hits the shelves i'll rush down to the newsagent  ( if I'm allowed out of my house ) !!!

No worries on that score for me as I have it on subscription.  Interestingly the small newsagent here in Biggar has it on his shelf, along with other model railway magazines.  Must ask him who buys it.

Jim

On 17/03/2020 at 19:00, Caley Jim said:

No worries on that score for me as I have it on subscription.  Interestingly the small newsagent here in Biggar has it on his shelf, along with other model railway magazines.  Must ask him who buys it.

Jim

"These newsagents are small, the ones outside are Biggar"

spacer.png

• Funny 4