Copenhagen Fields

CF MRC

Some fabrications left Biggar today bound for the CF Assembly Facility in St Albans.

DSC_1623.JPG.b068f9ee10b5d561a43a4cdd56f0f4ab.JPG

They are not quite on the same scale as those which passed through here last year from a firm in nearby Carnwath for a development in Birmingham, nor is their journey likely to attract the same attention!

https://ms-my.facebook.com/tajbiggar/videos/120-tonnes-trusses-from-bhc-going-through-biggar-to-birmingham/769994930278305/ (watch from c2:00) 

Jim

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

Another of Jim’s etches is now in place. The original 1851 GNR terminal at Maiden Lane was incorporated into the eastern goods sheds in KX Yard, once the 1852 Cubitt station at KX opened. The iron work can just be seen below the eaves of the shed, with the sides filled in by brickwork.  The fancy lamp is also visible on the corner of the building: nice and subtle.
8E685810-C0B8-49FA-A4FC-1C274D5D6213.jpe

A close up, not the most exciting photo, shows how Jim has made a really good representation of the cast iron spandrels, some of which still exist at KX. 
67ECA52F-7149-45F6-BD3E-B030DC8C8AE0.jpe
These probably wouldn’t have been particularly visible where we have modelled them, but it does show a bit more history in the overall scene, albeit our interpretation rather than strictly accurate. The canopy on the end will be the next construction for the sheds. 

Tim

• Like 19

If you're pleased, I'm happy!  :)

I've been working on the roof of my own goods shed, but it's not ready to be photographed yet!  Slates still to be painted and the lead ridging added.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

After my 18 month old granddaughter took a liking to the brightly painted ice wagon, it has now been re-sited to a more Lara-friendly position  (after minor repairs). 
1DCC220E-AB98-4B12-B4EE-2345CCBCBB63.jpe
I think this is actually a better position for it and, as a bonus, the near side is slightly better painted. 

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, CF MRC said:

After my 18 month old granddaughter took a liking to the brightly painted ice wagon, it has now been re-sited to a more Lara-friendly position  (after minor repairs). 
1DCC220E-AB98-4B12-B4EE-2345CCBCBB63.jpe
I think this is actually a better position for it and, as a bonus, the near side is slightly better painted. 

That certainly looks an excellent position for it. However, I am not quite sure why ice would be being delivered to a tube station, can I suggest positioning a pedestrian on the pavement apparently talking up to the driver.

• 1 month later...

Tim, you may wish to check the status of "your" cemetery.  Whilst my churchyard (I'm speaking in the role of church sacristan) was closed sometime in the nineteenth century, it is actually still permissible to bury remains in family tombs.  So far as I can ascertain, this last happened in 1953.   So we could still be approached and no doubt it will be dropped into my lap.

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Tim, you may wish to check the status of "your" cemetery.  Whilst my churchyard (I'm speaking in the role of church sacristan) was closed sometime in the nineteenth century, it is actually still permissible to bury remains in family tombs.  So far as I can ascertain, this last happened in 1953.   So we could still be approached and no doubt it will be dropped into my lap.

Bill

Thanks Bill, but the cemetery building referred to was used a station for transferring inner London’s dead to New Southgate. It closed in the 1860s. 
4C438F0B-8C23-41C4-BAD5-8ECBEBCC7A10.jpe
B86E4448-1594-465E-918C-5C4C96AC19AE.jpe

photos courtesy Phil Parker
615C262A-7259-478C-B499-F359FDF36E62.jpe

Courtesy London Railway Record. 

Tim

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, CF MRC said:

This exciting picture shows the interestingly shaped box (and Pip)

I guess that photo is there to emphasise that Copenhagen Fields really is the ‘dog’s b@llocks’ when it comes to top layouts?  :D

David

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• 2 weeks later...