Bachmann RailExpress 37670

Edinburgh Junction

Hi

Update:

Spoke to Bachmann Service Dept and they don't do Class 66 Buffers as spares (Apparently they're an integral part of Buffer Beam ?)

I've ordered some of the A1 Class 66 in kit form, so I'll post a picture once she's had the detailing treatment!

Love the Model and even though it's a limited ed £76.95 isn't a bad price for an unusual loco ! biggrin.gif

Collected mine from the Post Office yesterday. Superb model but seems a little low on power - can you shed any light on this...

Depends what you definition of 'low power' is. Are you really going to have it smashing around that layout at warp speed all the time? Remember that loco's need a good running in session for the parts to bed in and be fully lubricated.

• RMweb Gold

It's top speed seems very low but my main concern is on any curve, no matter how slight it looses an awful lot of power and on anything tighter than first radius actually sticks!

Try--and I have done this to effect with another new Bachmann 37 recently in the same situation--giving it some encouragement using an old-fashoned gentle pushing .Also ,check that there are no bits of packing caught up in the drive-train : that it IS correctly railed : that your controller is O.K. (not feedback is it?) .I have to say that my new DBS 37 runs well out of the box, including curves. My controller is Gaugemaster--a truly excellent power supply.(analogue). Good luck--if all else fails ,contact Bachmann for help,by e-mail or 'phone .They are also excellent.

It's top speed seems very low but my main concern is on any curve, no matter how slight it looses an awful lot of power and on anything tighter than first radius actually sticks!

They're some pretty tight curves! Bachmann recommend a minimum of second radius so running on anything tighter is probably to be considered a bonus. I think I'm right in saying that the smaller radius means that there's more resistance on the flanges, which is passed up the drive train and the motors got to overcome more forces, hence the slowing.

Pix

I just managed to pick one up off ebay for about a tenner over the actual price i dont mind though its a limited edition & its a livery i really like too. Must admit i am looking forward to getting my model just need a howes 37 soundchip & she'll be a beauty.

Simon.

• RMweb Gold

still waiting on mine :( wonder if REX have even posted it or perhaps its just royal mail being slow :rolleyes:

REX only have limited staff, aside from preparing the magazine they also box and send out the models, not a quick job so patience is required ;)

• RMweb Gold

I just managed to pick one up off ebay for about a tenner over the actual price i dont mind though its a limited edition & its a livery i really like too. Must admit i am looking forward to getting my model just need a howes 37 soundchip & she'll be a beauty.

Simon.

Have REX sold out ? Phil told me they still had about 10-20 left (this was at Notts show though)

Have REX sold out ? Phil told me they still had about 10-20 left (this was at Notts show though)

Rail Ex Website did say that most of the run had been preordered. However £10 above normal price on ebay isn't bad going.

I was unfortunate to miss out on the Fastline 66 due to being made redundant and having to cancel my order with Rail Ex. I managed to get back into work within a couple of weeks so kept my order for 37670.

Hop;efully I may haved some luck on ebay with the Fastline Shed?

Mikerolleyes.gif

Guest 838rapid

I have chassis swapped mine for the one i sound fitted for 37501.

Sound fitted ready for use this weekend.

Have yet to change the buffers,another job to add to the list.

I have chassis swapped mine for the one i sound fitted for 37501.

Sound fitted ready for use this weekend.

Have yet to change the buffers,another job to add to the list.

As someone recommended I fitted Hornby Class 60 buffers and they look great ! £3.50 per set from East Kent Models

Thanks

Mike

As someone recommended I fitted Hornby Class 60 buffers and they look great ! £3.50 per set from East Kent Models

Thanks

Mike

hey thats good going :) i paid £6.99 for my set of A1 buffers at Warley back in November :( still glad i got some though as they came in handy after all :) infact pretty much all the class 37's i seem to model lately have eliptical buffers :lol: Bachmann should consider putting some on they're really quite popular.

I received mine a number of weeks ago and have only tested it today. I am very impressed with it, one of the nicest models I have ever owned. Such a smooth runner and the lights are fantastic.

Very Happy.

I received mine a number of weeks ago and have only tested it today. I am very impressed with it, one of the nicest models I have ever owned. Such a smooth runner and the lights are fantastic.

Very Happy.

werid you should say that because i can never get the LED's to touch the copper strips causing the white headlights on one end to go off whenever they lose connection... i have exactly the same problem with my teenage cancer trust 60 also from REX , dunno if its just a coincidence but it surely is frustrating.... :( ive tried bending the copper strips foward and tighting the screws as far as they will go but the problem still exists. However, The tail lights on the same end work fine :mellow:

both my REX models are quite early certificate numbers considering i ordered quite late. i just hope they aren'nt dodgy ones that other people have returned :(

werid you should say that because i can never get the LED's to touch the copper strips causing the white headlights on one end to go off whenever they lose connection... i have exactly the same problem with my teenage cancer trust 60 also from REX , dunno if its just a coincidence but it surely is frustrating.... :( ive tried bending the copper strips foward and tighting the screws as far as they will go but the problem still exists. However, The tail lights on the same end work fine :mellow:

both my REX models are quite early certificate numbers considering i ordered quite late. i just hope they aren'nt dodgy ones that other people have returned :(

Have you contacted Rail Express about returning the model. Theres a guarantee/warranty period of at least 6 months isn't there?

Have you contacted Rail Express about returning the model. Theres a guarantee/warranty period of at least 6 months isn't there?

its the sound version so sadly is sold out :( even stocks of the standard version are zilch so theres no hope of a replacement being sent :(

the loco's sound, speed etc works fine its just the lights lose connection every now and then because the copper strips dont quite touch the LED'S at one end.

its the sound version so sadly is sold out :( even stocks of the standard version are zilch so theres no hope of a replacement being sent :(

the loco's sound, speed etc works fine its just the lights lose connection every now and then because the copper strips dont quite touch the LED'S at one end.

I think under the warranty though you can still have it repaired by Bachmann within the warranty period free of charge (That is of course if the warranty hasnt been invalidated)

I hope you get it sorted.

Best of luck!

Archived