Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

Just over 7 weeks till York show. Time to stop washing, no haircut, no shaving, no plucking monobrow, nose and ear hair. My pair of light beige cords and yellow polo neck had their annual wash the week before Christmas, so even though I wear them daily they'll do. Clarks Polyveldts have found their way to the front of the wardrobe - not difficult as I only possess two pairs of shoes, the others being slippers. My haversack is prepared, and I have already made some egg and tuna sandwiches to take round with me. Can't guarantee it but I have a piece of clingfilm, but not bothered if I can't find it, the filling can't go far.

Thanks for the tip abut haggling, maybe some traders will accept a pound note just to get rid of me.

Apologies if I have just described anyone who's a member of this forum!!!  :no:

Leave my monobrow alone! Only bit that applies mind you.

Run these wagons at a 1960s WR diesel hydraulic modellers convention???

post-7138-0-02238500-1423907359_thumb.jp

post-7138-0-90836000-1423907381_thumb.jp

post-7138-0-77317000-1423907393_thumb.jp

And thats from a lover of said machines!

Phil

That has give me so many evil ideas. Seems as I live in the area who's engines I'd cut up in such away, I may find myself slightly lynched!!!

• Like 3

If i am opperating a layout just have your kid lean over and wave their hand at speed over less than robust scenery and laugh with that" what can i do kids will be kids" chuckle giving me that look of " Because i love my kids you must do so too" especially if they end up damaging a fence or tree before quickly leaving saying "dont worry he can quickly fix it- he is a modeller."

By that stage i have not only decided you must be lynched but also how to do it to ensure i am not caught.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

It helps if you have a diorama with curtains down to the floor. You strangle the little bl##der and hide the body underneath. At closing time you walk away and leave the body there. A simple solution.

Dennis

And if you do the above on the first day of a 3-day show, nobody would notice the smell...............

Cheers,

Mick

It helps if you have a diorama with curtains down to the floor. You strangle the little bl##der and hide the body underneath. At closing time you walk away and leave the body there. A simple solution.

Dennis

Can we let the father off scott free, after all you can not blame the son entirely for the sins of the father? He would need to be hidden under a large O gauge layout until the close. This is why i am always on friendly terms with people who opperate the senior scale.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The four corner squares will be 'single decker bus on bridge', 'double decker bus on bridge', 'coach on bridge' and 'charabanc on bridge'.

Reckon now this one is out

http://Bachmann.co.uk/details.php?id=360

you will need a few more squares!

Phil

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Let's bring this thread into 2016 and back on track.
Set up a table next to the toilets and request money to use them (obviously in addition to the entrence fee).
I have seen it at a rather large exhibition in Belgium and I wasn't too happy to pay 50 cent per visit in addition to 15€ for admission.

• RMweb Premium

Set up a table next to the toilets and request money to use them (obviously in addition to the entrence fee).

I have seen it at a rather large exhibition in Belgium and I wasn't too happy to pay 50 cent per visit in addition to 15€ for admission.

That's what you call taking the p**s

• Like 1

It is common practice for a charge to be levied for public toilets on the continent. 

And a lot of British railway stations have pay turn-styles these days . . . . 20p being the usual charge just for a pee.

G. 

So the old phrase 'spend a penny' is obsolete, then? :)

Yep, along with the old saying "here I sit broken hearted, paid a penny and only f**ted".

Especially as the charge is now to get into the 'wash rooms' (even to just wash your hands and comb your hair) rather than the cubicle.

G

• Like 1

When ChrisH and I discovered this was the case at a show in Belgium (Blankenburg), we decided to find a white and blue enamelled bucket to go under the layout. Our wives vetoed the idea. :nono:

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 3