Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

Demo a re-paint of an NRM City of Truro in BR lined Black.....just on one side. Like I did on the real thing...

Already painted - if I ever get round to building and exhibiting my 80s pres layout, it will appear!

• Like 1

Wait till I P4 my Triang Battlespace turbo car ...

You'll have to repair it first, after it over-exerted itself the other night on the P87 circuit on TT2... ;)

No repair needed, it was just the thermal cut-out on the motor! Works fine. How about DCC and a sound chip playing 'Thunderbirds'?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If there is one of those really irritating layouts that uses loud 12" to the foot scale signal bells to tell the operator two yards away that a train is coming, overnight between day one and day two of the exhibition, nick the clappers out of their bells...

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Doing a Copenhagen Fields in N with Poole Farish A3s, A4s and that generic 0-6-0 they had plus generic Farish coaches, plonk on lots of folded cardboard buildings and then take it to a 2mm finescale exhibition.

That will really upset people.

I still have the Farish catalogue with exactly those locos in exactly that location...

Chatting to a stallholder for fifteen minutes about something totally boring and irrelevant, with a large queue behind you.

Or perhaps asking the price of everything on the stand and then not buying anything, that used to really annoy me when I used to help out with a trade stand at a show.

Top of my list would be the editor of a well known model railway magazine who sat down next to me in the middle of a chat with someone doing a modelling demo at an exhibition and started talking to the demo man as if I was not there. Even the demo man looked very embarrassed by the interruption. Needless to say I shall not be buying that particular magazine again.

• Like 3

Shall I allow you a 'person-shaped' footprint on the floor plan, then, .....

To make it even more authentic, you need to add plastic tape marked "Police Line - Do Not Cross", and a couple of forensics in white disposable suits with their little paintbrushes....

Top of my list would be the editor of a well known model railway magazine who sat down next to me in the middle of a chat with someone doing a modelling demo at an exhibition and started talking to the demo man as if I was not there......

There are only two guesses that I can come up with as to the culprit :stinker:

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

I'm on a day trip to Glasgow Ex in the next couple of days - maybe wearing a tee-shirt exclaiming "The Scots are rubbish at rugby!" wouldn't be a good idea........... :triniti:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

Muddy's "getting Lynched diary" at some finescale expo "Model Train Show"

Saturday - go to all the Steam based layouts in a bright yellow Tee-shirt, emblazoned on the front and back in Red lettering "Kettles are for Brewing"

Sunday - wear the white Tee-shirt, emblazoned with the phrase "FFS there only toy trains"

My wife turned to a guy behaving in an inappropriate manner at York a couple of years back and said something along the lines of "If you rub your nuts against me one more time I'll turn you into a girl". Tell you what, one of the guys in the crowd behind us was an off duty policeman and he certainly had a few words to say to the bloke in question, few other folks did as well, I think the guy made a beeline for the exit after that.

• Like 9

My wife turned to a guy behaving in an inappropriate manner at York a couple of years back and said something along the lines of "If you rub your nuts against me one more time I'll turn you into a girl". Tell you what, one of the guys in the crowd behind us was an off duty policeman and he certainly had a few words to say to the bloke in question, few other folks did as well, I think the guy made a beeline for the exit after that.

Good for your good lady!

Also, I commend you, Sir! If someone had been doing that to my wife, I would have been hard pressed not to take him outside!!!

Mind you, the ladies often have "certain ways" with errant 'gentlemen' that are considerably more powerful than what another chap might do, he, he!

Cheers,

John E.

Edited by Allegheny1600
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

or in front of a 2mm fine scale layout that it's N gauge

I do this with great regularity when viewing Mick Simpson's Wansbeck Road...

We put a GWR pannier painted up in LNER wartime black on a layout at Goathland a few years back and Fred Rowntree was all for sharpening his pitchfork and having a stringing up there and then!

I borrowed a Deltic from the Scarborough club layout at Harrogate many years ago and replaced Fred's Sentinal railcar with it, he wasn't amused when it appeared...

Edited by Worsdell forever
  • Like 4

... and I saw it reported on another Forum that someone went up to that layout at that Show, and in their best "Anorak Nerd" voice, said "Er, I think you'll find that that's the wrong colour Grey for a Rivet Counter Detector Van..." before running off...... :D

The owner of said layout is a member on here I will let ian know next time i see him :sungum:

My wife turned to a guy behaving in an inappropriate manner at York a couple of years back and said something along the lines of "If you rub your nuts against me one more time I'll turn you into a girl".

Reminds me of the story of a girl on a crowded London Tube train... suddenly held up high the arm of the man standing next to her, and asked loudly "Does this hand belong to anyone? 'Cos I just found it on my Bum..!!"

• Like 5