Tetleys Mills 3

tetleys

• RMweb Gold

Horses were what namby, pampby Southerners and a few woosy's in the Midlands used in Yorkshire EVERYTHING was bigger including barges so it needed at least a Class 8 to haul the 'Tom Pudding' coal barges. 

attachicon.gifresin 2 001 (1024x768).jpg

attachicon.gifresin 2 003 (1024x768).jpg

attachicon.gifresin 2 004 (1024x768).jpg

The resin is in place so I have abandoned the railway room which is full of fumes but does any other product look better than this?

Dave

That is superb, I have never seen such realistic "water", congratulations on producing this latest incarnation.

Always loved Tetleys...........not the beer though!!

Rgds...........Mike 

That is superb, I have never seen such realistic "water", congratulations on producing this latest incarnation.

Always loved Tetleys...........not the beer though!!

Rgds...........Mike 

Mike,

Thanks, since they went all 'girly'  namby, pamby Southerner style 'smooth flow' I have to agree on the beer, a crime comparable to any Beeching committed.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Mike,

Thanks, since they went all 'girly'  namby, pamby Southerner style 'smooth flow' I have to agree on the beer, a crime comparable to any Beeching committed.

Dave

What, you mean it doesn't taste like something left behind by the sheep on the moors anymore?

Hallelujah.

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

Dave

Not as bad as Watneys when they took over Beverlys.....

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

Dave

now its brewed anywhere but Leeds Tetleys is not good at all...but still better than Websters ever was...

Not as bad as Watneys when they took over Beverlys.....

I remember my dear old granddad lecturing me when Wakefield Trinity were down at Wembley for the Rugby league Challenge Cup.

" 'Are David, are thee go'in darn to that th 'ear den of iniquity to watch Trinity in 't cup?" 

"Eye Granddad"

"Thas not go'in darn that th' ear Soho after't' game are thee?"

"Eye Granddad a few of the lads were wanting to have a look."

"Bye heck! tha's gonn'a see things tha wouldn't see in Wakefield even at 't Dolphin at top 'o Kirkgate!"

"Will I Granddad?"

"Tha'r will son. Tha'rl see doors with red lights above 'em 'n under no circumstances must tha'r go through them doors!"

"Why's that Granddad?"

"They'll be sellin' Watneys Red Barrel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

When the family emigrated to Hampshire I discovered Brickwoods beer and just as quickly discovered the alternative Whitbread Tankard although Gales was good.

All this talk of beer is making me thirsty, no modelling for a while we had a bereavement in the family and I'm in hospital for a few weeks from next Wednesday so time has been tight but hopefully I can soon make a start on track laying and laying cork tiles for the station area prior to building platforms. I shall have my point work made professionally so radii and format will not be restricted by Peco off the shelf points although the layout will be kept simple, unless my six numbers come up.

Dave

I me and my mates went out round Wakefield drinking about 15years ago and went into the dolphin near kirkgate station and we got quite a shock we didn't stay in there long lol didn't realise that it had been a pub of that nature for so long .

Brian

Dave, can you say who you use for professional point construction? I'm toying with "commissioning" the pointwork for Burghclere

Colin,

My good friend 'Great Northern' AKA Gilbert Barnatt who's Peterborough North layout features on RMWeb uses Norman Saunders for his track so having seen at close hand the quality of construction and fine running Gilbert achieves I shall be contacting Norman when I am released from hospital. By the time Norman is able to start construction I should hopefully be ready to proceed with building my station area.

Dave

I think I met Norman at Warley last year having looked him up after viewing Tony Wright's Little Bytham and was mightily impressed by his demonstration stand. He did say that he prefers to work in 7mm so I hope you will manage to persuade him Dave.

• RMweb Premium

I think I met Norman at Warley last year having looked him up after viewing Tony Wright's Little Bytham and was mightily impressed by his demonstration stand. He did say that he prefers to work in 7mm so I hope you will manage to persuade him Dave.

That's a different Norman! You met Norman Solomon, who does indeed prefer to work in 7mm. I did contact him  after seeing TW's track, but after a year of waiting I was no closer to getting anything done, so I contacted Norman Saunders of Just Tracks, who did a great job, in my opinion the equal of anything Norman Solomon could do, and within a reasonable timescale too.

Tony's track was built by another Norman, Norman Soloman Gilbert's by Norman Saunders, I'm sure both equally good.

Dave

Dave, thanks very much. I hope your hospital stay is as painless as possible and achieves what it is meant to.

Appreciative of Aylsham

Dear Appreciative of Aylsham,

Pain, pain you don't know what pain is!

Since my last visit they've introduced new staff, if the existing cheery ever attentive nurses weren't enough I've now got to contend with a leggy 5' 10" size 10 blond from eastern Europe serving meals and the equally tall, leggy size 10 Martel a trainee nurse, and they wonder why my blood pressure fluctuates so much, what's red blooded railway modeller supposed to do?

They keep giving me drugs but thankfully not the white powder they gave us at Police Training school in 1970 which, incidentally I suspected was starting to work until Martel walked in,

God Bless The NHS.

I think I'll have a 15 minute spin on the static bike and follow it up with a cold shower.

Dirty Old man of Nottingham

Its in there he needs to be careful and on here if Mrs Tetleys reads his posts or his mind :butcher:  :triniti:  :triniti:

Mrs Tetleys has met Martele which is why Julie is bringing my outdoors clothes to tire me out with a walk round the block before returning me to the ward.

Martele looks like a Nubian Princess despite assuring me her parents originate from Jamaica, although I'm very concerned at her frightening dexterity with an Assegai AKA a hypodermic needle, I've assured her it was those dodgy Welsh that did all the shooting at Rorkes Drift, it's a laugh a minute in here I'd better read todays Times newspaper and get miserable.

As for blonde members of The KGB infiltrating Tetleys Mills it could be worse it could be blonde members of The GWR and then I'd have to clean all the weathering off and start counting rivets and polishing brass.

You have to have a laugh.

Ward Entertainments Officer Nottingham City.

Archived