Model World

DavidB-AU

• 6 years later...

Just found this while looking back at early threads.  I was 18 when they made it.  Not sure if I watched it in colour though . Did the whole series survive and did It make it on to VHS video at any time?  or did just those three about model railways avoid being wiped ?  I can remember the book that went  with the series it had a scale plan of some sort of Horsted Keynes station.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting the links David.  I remember watching these in the 1970s aged about 10 - I still have the book of the series somewhere, complete with plans to build the model Leander class frigate.

I had forgotten about building model trees with wire and sisal string.  I tried that out at the time and I recall the trees didn’t look that good.  Model railway scenery has advanced a long way since then thankfully.

Cheers

Darius

Got a copy on a vhs cassette of the episode of Mike Sharman and Peter Denny, two of the legendary characters in our hobby.

To quote from the What's Neat This Week YouTube videos "This is the best hobby in the world"

• 3 weeks later...

Got my copy of model word DVD  the other day . The quality of the 10 episodes is very good with just a couple of glitches with the sound here and there and some horizontal white lines on the picture occasionally . But still worth the money. Also available is the follow up Model Magic from 1985 I can not remember that for some reason and so might get that as well.

Archived