Any Clubs in/around Ashford Kent?

SXHALL

Hello to any that read this,

I have been wanting to start modelling something for several years now but have never had space/funds/time, well now at least I have time!

Am looking to see if there is a club in or around Ashford (Kent) that is looking for new members? While my experience of railways may be some what limited compared to some I have keen enthusiasm that just to wants to build something! Key areas I particularly enjoy with what modelling I have done is creating the infrastructure that justifies the line being there. Industrial buildings and civil engineering works being a particular favourite, I like nothing more than some corrugated sheet, brick embossed plastic, some Scalescenes concrete paper and an imagination!!

So if there is anything you know of or you are looking for a new member drop me message.

Thanks

Steven

This is a listing of the clubs in Kent. I don't now much about the Ashford club and the link on the directory appears to be broken. However, they used to run a friendly show in one of the churches in town. I can, however, recommend the Canterbury club if you don't mind a drive.

This is a listing of the clubs in Kent. I don't now much about the Ashford club and the link on the directory appears to be broken. However, they used to run a friendly show in one of the churches in town. I can, however, recommend the Canterbury club if you don't mind a drive.

Thanks Jack,

Could indeed do Canterbury as it is not far, the more local the better though. Will investigate and see what comes about.

Steven

The Ashford club is probably defunct. The alternative to Canterbury is the Folkestone & Hythe club which, I think, meets in the Cheriton area.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

Looks as though I will have a short journey either way.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

The Ashford club is probably defunct. The alternative to Canterbury is the Folkestone & Hythe club which, I think, meets in the Cheriton area.

Bill

I won't swear to this, but from very vague memory, the Ashford club may have folded after losing their meeting venue. There was some discussion on another forum at the end of last year about trying to revive a club in the Ashford area, but I don't know if anything came from it.

Bill

There was an Ashford MRC layout at the Tenterden exhibition the other week, with several members wearing club shirts operating, so think it is still in existence (haven't heard that they have closed). Have you tried the local library to see if they have the secretary's contact details?

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

I won't swear to this, but from very vague memory, the Ashford club may have folded after losing their meeting venue. There was some discussion on another forum at the end of last year about trying to revive a club in the Ashford area, but I don't know if anything came from it.

Sounds promising, and convenient for me too!

There was an Ashford MRC layout at the Tenterden exhibition the other week, with several members wearing club shirts operating, so think it is still in existence (haven't heard that they have closed). Have you tried the local library to see if they have the secretary's contact details?

Colin

Thanks Colin, will do some investigation next weekend.

Archived