Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

Fascinating Jerry. I suppose if you model it as per 1924 just after the changeover the old boxes would still be in place. You could then make just the New Bath Junction box removable to be able to revert to earlier days at least for the asppearance. Much harder to change the working to different frames! What was the driver for the change reduction of manpower, ease of maintenance, increased line capacity  or longer trains.

Don 

My switching signal boxes would be purely cosmetic. The driver I suspect was almost certainly cutting costs.

Jerry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice work going on quietly there Jerry, may I ask what the core walls are constructed with ?

Ironically I too have been doing some "knock kneed" building in the sitting room rather than at my workbench.

Haven't done it for years and yet despite being slightly apprehensive it seems to work.

G

p.s. Also saves on the electric too !

p.p.s. Quick link to my tray / knee modelling -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69664-a-nod-to-brent-fun-friendly-frivolity-and-happy-days-in-the-south-hams-1947/page-1352&do=findComment&comment=3422791

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold

This weekend Kim and I will be demonstrating at the excellent Stevanage show - see http://www.cmra.org.uk/exhibition.html - followed in a couple of weeks time by the equally good Southampton show - see  https://southamptonmodelrailwaysociety.wordpress.com/smrs-exhibition-2019/

We will be taking along the part built engine shed and signal boxes which have featured recently on this thread along with a selection of MR and SDJR locos from the Bath project. In addition I will have the SDJR brake vans with me (including a handful of the kits still for sale) so if anyone has any questions regarding anything featured on this thread or 2mm modelling in general, do drop by for a chat. 

post-1074-0-48776200-1547202202_thumb.png

Jerry

post-1074-0-40765300-1547202132_thumb.png

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the stand list, we're next door to Jerry & Kim with Modbury. In fact we are also at the Southampton show with St Ruth too ;-)

Excellent, visitors to the show will be able to see 2mm loocs both painted and unpainted!  :mosking:

Jerry

Despite being primarily an LNER enthusiast, I happy admit that I do have a soft spot for the 7F class and Keith's one looks like it is going to be a very fine model.

It was great to chat up yesterday and thanks again for the bits.

Edited by Atso

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Headed for the workshop this morning and found snow banked up against the door. The chickens had never seen snow before and were not impressed, they are refusing to come out of their nesting box even with the enticement of food and water at the bottom of the ramp.

20190201_120827.jpg.48f49974193c0a939b1af22a310134df.jpg

Sadly the Sodbury clubs show in Yate tomorrow has been cancelled due to the weather where I was due to be demonstrating. On the up side, I have plenty of logs for the burner,  a curry I made last week in the freezer, plenty of wine in stock and my travelling tool kit and stuff i intended taking to the demo already in the house so winter can do its worst!

Will post any progress I make before opening the wine later!

Jerry

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

After a spell of clearing paths and areas for the birds I thought I might get away with a short walk this morning but no little Holly wanted to do the normal circuit. Going across the fields facing into a biting wind was not my choice. 

Don

14 hours ago, queensquare said:

Headed for the workshop this morning and found snow banked up against the door. The chickens had never seen snow before and were not impressed, they are refusing to come out of their nesting box even with the enticement of food and water at the bottom of the ramp.

20190201_120827.jpg.48f49974193c0a939b1af22a310134df.jpg

Sadly the Sodbury clubs show in Yate tomorrow has been cancelled due to the weather where I was due to be demonstrating. On the up side, I have plenty of logs for the burner,  a curry I made last week in the freezer, plenty of wine in stock and my travelling tool kit and stuff i intended taking to the demo already in the house so winter can do its worst!

Will post any progress I make before opening the wine later!

Jerry

Same here, in Sutherland, Jerry! Enough work clearing the path to the road. Just working in the house until the thaw!

Edited by Marly51

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Beautiful here today John, bright sunshine and incredible light bouncing off the  snow - bally cold mind!

Jerry

Glorious here too, though not a flake to be seen. A bit different to just down the road mind you!

Too blooming cold to work in the shed.

• Informative/Useful 1