queensquare

Bath Queen Square

2 hours ago, 2mmKiwi said:

Hi Jerry, 

It's looking pretty neat so far.

Out of curiosity what type of ballast medium did you use?

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve. Its Woodland scenics fine ballast with the usual 50/50 PVA mix. Ive used masking tape to give a nice, tight shoulder to the ballast.

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's really looking excellent Jerry.:D

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, queensquare said:

I'm just about ready to start chucking green stuff at the country section although I don't know how much time I will have this coming weekend - I have some fencing and a couple of pains in the greenhouse to replace thanks to Caira. That said, the approaching storm Dennis may well drive me into the workshop!

I really must get round to cutting out that final sky board.

Jerry

2130627424_20200211_094039(3).jpg.7cf183c022a25c02ad7e4b580a37ab9d.jpg

Very nice Jerry. I do like photos that show what is happening "outside the frame", so to speak.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Very nice Jerry. I do like photos that show what is happening "outside the frame", so to speak.

Thanks, what's happening here is evidence of a messy bench! 

Jerry

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Every modeller should have one!!:D

Jim

• Agree 4

Looking good. It lovely to see a layout where the engines have a real chance to strecth their legs. The bench may look a bit messy but you do get a lot done on it.

Don

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, queensquare said:

Jerry

Which is evidence things get done :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Denbridge said:

Which is evidence things get done :)

I have just been tidying up my bench (AKA desk) after completing my saddle tank.  The hardest part was deciding which little bits of scrap etch, wire, brass etc. were worth keeping and what just gets tipped in the bin!;)  Many of the little compartments on my soldering mat had off-cuts, and bits of etch fret frame in them which had to go before i could give it a wash.  I'm not good at throwing things out!:nono:

Jim

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

I have just been tidying up my bench (AKA desk) after completing my saddle tank.  The hardest part was deciding which little bits of scrap etch, wire, brass etc. were worth keeping and what just gets tipped in the bin!;)  Many of the little compartments on my soldering mat had off-cuts, and bits of etch fret frame in them which had to go before i could give it a wash.  I'm not good at throwing things out!:nono:

Jim

Agreed Jim, I keep a little wooden tray at the side of the bench for all the off cuts of wire, strip etc but as can be seen even that gets full and needs tidying!

I find the bench almost impossible to keep tidy when doing scenics with all the pots of paint, water, glue, plaster and other potions required. This will only get worse when I start on the green bits with the various flocks, grasses and foliage. I'll do my best!

jerry

20200213_114425.jpg.79f7df6f84f6ed6c159c14941cea1371.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I keep a series of erstwhile plastic food containers (well cleaned out, of course) for scraps of metal, etches, plastic, wire, etc. It is surprising how often just the scrap piece that one needs for a particular task can be found therein.

• Agree 1

Is this masterpiece still attending the 2020 trainfest, as forecasted on page 1 ?

Hat, coat, out of here :)

3 hours ago, Denbridge said:

Is this masterpiece still attending the 2020 trainfest, as forecasted on page 1 ?

Hat, coat, out of here :)

Gosh, I'd completely forgotten about that rash post. The simple answer is no!!

I decided a long time ago that the layout wont be going out, its a home layout. That said Kim is very keen (and she usually gets her own way!) that the station board, with the river and roof, goes out with a simple fiddle yard but we shall see. Once I've finished the scenic boards as far as Bath Junction I shall be returning to the station board and working toward Bath Junction from there but at the current rate of progress it will be a few years yet!

Jerry  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, queensquare said:

I decided a long time ago that the layout wont be going out, its a home layout. That said Kim is very keen (and she usually gets her own way!) that the station board, with the river and roof, goes out with a simple fiddle yard but we shall see.

Come on Jerry. We all accept that Teacher Knows Best. Just do it! (As you know, I'm now married to one, too!)

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, queensquare said:

Gosh, I'd completely forgotten about that rash post. The simple answer is no!!

I decided a long time ago that the layout wont be going out, its a home layout. That said Kim is very keen (and she usually gets her own way!) that the station board, with the river and roof, goes out with a simple fiddle yard but we shall see. Once I've finished the scenic boards as far as Bath Junction I shall be returning to the station board and working toward Bath Junction from there but at the current rate of progress it will be a few years yet!

Jerry  

I was only joking,  but would love to see it, should you ever exhibit the station.

• Like 1