ECML 1959-61

davidw

Thanks guys a minor op has slowed progress on the layout, but a k1 has been added to the fleet. And durning recovery I've worked on a Thompson bck. A mk1 BSO and a couple of other Thompson's are in the to do pile before returning to the a2/1 and returning to work. Merry Christmas to you in the mean time and God bless!

Edited by davidw
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

David,

I've just found your layout thread. It’s a shame that you never managed to complete the old layout as it looked like it had potential. Do you have any specific plans for your new ‘bigger site’?

Now I’m off to read your rolling stock thread.

Andy

On 05/08/2019 at 12:15, thegreenhowards said:

David,

I've just found your layout thread. It’s a shame that you never managed to complete the old layout as it looked like it had potential. Do you have any specific plans for your new ‘bigger site’?

Now I’m off to read your rolling stock thread.

Andy

The last layout was fairly permanent. And a pain to disassemble. I've a large 28ft by 15ft attic space at the new property. The new layout will need to be portable. What I've thinking of  is a watching the trains go by layout. But I suspect that I'll be able to have a very large fiddle yard of up to 45 - 50 trains. I discover that I've enough loco's for that amount of storage but rolling stock for about 20/30 trains. So the next few years are going to be interesting building wise!

• Like 2

Hi David.

I'm going the other way!

After dismantling the Waverley Route when we moved last year - a long way short of it ever being finished bTW, I realised that every time I've completed a circuit round the railway room Ive ended up moving within a year. Of course this could just be coincidence ( which I don't believe in) , so I'vedecided that this time I'm going to revert to the old engine shed formula, but with 21' of length it should be quite a decent layout. 

I could of course model a preservation era shed, which would allow me to run just about anything from any era, although that might call for a shining out of the fleet - after all with only 1 A3 in preservation, having half a dozen of them floating around might be a bit much ver for a rule 1 dominated layout!

Anyway, Good luck with the new one, I'll watch with interest

ATB

Peter

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, davidw said:

The last layout was fairly permanent. And a pain to disassemble. I've a large 28ft by 15ft attic space at the new property. The new layout will need to be portable. What I've thinking of  is a watching the trains go by layout. But I suspect that I'll be able to have a very large fiddle yard of up to 45 - 50 trains. I discover that I've enough loco's for that amount of storage but rolling stock for about 20/30 trains. So the next few years are going to be interesting building wise!

45-50 trains is impressive, I’m very jealous. I can only manage about 25 which means lots of stuff stays in boxes.