Arnington

thats some fantastic weathering on those locos. really makes them look real and well used :)

it particularly like the 09, looks like its been round the block a few times to say the least :lol:

also the tankers, what were they when clean?

Hello Arny,

All looking good matey and good to see the bogie tanks in action now ;) is Oystermouth knocking about on shed yet B)

Also gr8 to see you've gone back to sector br days all your fleet is looking well more pickies please bruva ruba :)

Cheers, Jonny boy :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

Hi Daz, Cheers for the comment mate smile.gif I'm a big NSE fan myself!! I have been keeping an eye on your thread, you have an awesome layout it captures the era perfectly smile.gif The station side on my layout is still a work in progress got the carpark to do and also the track and stuff needs it's weathering finishing. Here are some more NSE inspired pics of the layout!

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-026395800 1292423134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply and taking time out to photograph your peak collection. Lovely!

Have to say that 141 is my favourite, I plan to have a model of that one if I can manage to get one of the flush front versions!

They do look nice models and I bet with sound, rather nice too!

I remember being in a Modelzone shop in Newcastle a couple of years ago and seeing lots of peaks in the cabinet, typical at the time I was not interested in modelling that period!

Thanks again Arny. B)

Hi Arnie,

I must agree with Grimley, those Peaks look great I like how you do your weathering.B) 45141 is one of my favourites as it was the last 45 i saw on a diagramed passenger in1988. I liked the tinsley namers myself though I have only done one of my Peaks with tinsley name 45103 'Griffon' love the Tinsley snail on your 45141 nice touch.:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi Arnie,

I must agree with Grimley, those Peaks look great I like how you do your weathering.B) 45141 is one of my favourites as it was the last 45 i saw on a diagramed passenger in1988. I liked the tinsley namers myself though I have only done one of my Peaks with tinsley name 45103 'Griffon' love the Tinsley snail on your 45141 nice touch.:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the comments:) I'm a big fan of your layout the latest photos you have posted up in the gallery are superb!! Very inspirational stuff!!

Cheers

Arnie

Hi,

I have just started adding some metal plating to the tracks around the fuel point's, Quite pleased with how they look gonna add some more soon smile.gif Here's some pics

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-22510500-1297871564_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-95043100-1297871578_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-72624200-1297871594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 3

Hi,

Some pics of newly finished Peak 113 Athene on shed with class mates, and also 47573 in orginal NSE.

Just about to start wiring all the depot lights up, i have been putting this off for a while but the time has come for some illumination smile.gif

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-35671800-1299254771_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-34807200-1299254843_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 6