The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Gold

60087 brightens up the overcast morning in the Calder Valley as it rumbles into Hebden Bridge on 9th December 2014 with 0Z94 0800 Doncaster to Doncaster, Colas route trainer.

And after a quick reversal, rumbles away heading to Wakefield Kirkgate.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

60087 brightens up the overcast morning in the Calder Valley as it rumbles into Hebden Bridge on 9th December 2014 with 0Z94 0800 Doncaster to Doncaster, Colas route trainer.

The new order cometh on 6E32/6M32.........

Just need to find someone to do the new (ish) bitumen tanks now.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

The new order cometh on 6E32/6M32.........

Just need to find someone to do the new (ish) bitumen tanks now.

Cheers,

Mick

I was surprised, but very pleased, to see it as Colas has been using 47727 for the route learning trips so far.

Even the bobby in Hebden Bridge 'box took a photo of it.

The same schedule is in for tomorrow, but Thursdays resumes the schedule to Preston.

Edited by 4630

• RMweb Premium

I was surprised, but very pleased, to see it as Colas has been using 47727 for the route learning trips so far.

Even the bobby in Hebden Bridge 'box took a photo of it.

The same schedule is in for tomorrow, but Thursdays resumes the schedule to Preston.

Might try and make Blackburn for it at some point.

Cheers,

Mick

A December trio...

IMG_2897-60024-6B33-XL.jpg

60024 passes Shrivenham working 6B33 Theale - Margam 6/12/14

IMG_3105-60044-6B33-XL.jpg

A week later, 60044 passes Rodbourne with 6B33 Theale - Margam, running an hour early. This location has recently become a lot more open with the landscaping associated with the bridge replacement for the forthcoming electrification 13/12/14

Finally a citrus variety - the last of the day's light, standing on a massive spoil pile and zooming up past the shadows and bushes!

IMG_3119-60021-6V62-XL.jpg

60021 passes Rodbourne Bottom at the head of 6V62 Tibury Riverside - Llanwern in the last of the day's sun 13/12/14

jo

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Two named 60s at Brighouse within the space of 15 minutes this morning.

60087 'CLIC Sargent' on 0Z60 1000 Doncaster to Doncaster, Colas route learner at 1124.

Followed at 1139 in a rain shower by 60091 'Barry Needham' on 6E32 0855 Preston Docks to Lindsey.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Two named 60s at Brighouse within the space of 15 minutes this morning.

I like the irony of the above pair of photos - route learning ahead of the train that you're learning the route for......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I like the irony of the above pair of photos - route learning ahead of the train that you're learning the route for......

Cheers,

Mick

Yes, over the past couple of weeks I've been hoping that the timing would allow me to get both in the same photograph.

The route learner has been a bit hit and miss and 6E32 often runs early.  If they're both on time Hebden Bridge is the place to be but that's not an ideal location for photographing two trains passing, unfortunately.

It looks as though I've run out of chances now though - the route learner is only in the schedule for tomorrow and 6M32/6E32 is 'Q' on Tuesdays and generally only runs on a Tuesday after a bank holiday.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, over the past couple of weeks I've been hoping that the timing would allow me to get both in the same photograph.

The route learner has been a bit hit and miss and 6E32 often runs early.  If they're both on time Hebden Bridge is the place to be but that's not an ideal location for photographing two trains passing, unfortunately.

It looks as though I've run out of chances now though - the route learner is only in the schedule for tomorrow and 6M32/6E32 is 'Q' on Tuesdays and generally only runs on a Tuesday after a bank holiday.

A contact at RSR (who shunt the tanks in the Docks) has said that the last DBS tank train will be on 22 Dec with Colas starting on 5 Jan.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

A contact at RSR (who shunt the tanks in the Docks) has said that the last DBS tank train will be on 22 Dec with Colas starting on 5 Jan.

Cheers,

Mick

It didn't run, although was scheduled, on both Friday 19th and Monday 22nd December. 

It's now in the schedule as a VAR tomorrow, Tuesday 23rd December, so (probably!) the last chance to see it with DBS on the front, on the assumption it does actually run of course!  And actually runs with a 60 rather than a 66 too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My local gen group is reporting that a new class 60 hauled train is due my way in the New Year! 6M11 Killoch (or other Ayrshire coalfields/Hunterston) - Fidler's Ferry which is usually a Freightliner 66 is to be replaced with 6Z11 and diagrammed for a DBS 60.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R10344/2015/01/05/advanced

Daytime 60 action by my back door!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2