RMweb is now part of the Warners family

Andy Y

Two people I haven't seen a comment from, although perhaps not unexpected, are dibber 25 and Chris Nevard both of whom are associated with Model Rail. Their contributions here has been frequent and helpful and I personally hope that they are not obliged to drop out from contributing on here because of the link to Warners.

If they can't, well so be it, but it would be a shame.

Obviously I cant speak for either of them personally but I dont see why a association with Model Rail would stop them from participating or contributing. Chris Nevard has made a reference to toy train forum and magazine buyouts on his blog, something about concentrating on the hobby and not toy chuff chuff politics, maybe something to be learned here! As he says not the end of the world. Maybe we could all walk away from the keyboard for a while and run some trains or do some modelling!

Joining this thread rather late, mainly because I don't get what all the fuss is about? Apart from the colour scheme, what's changed that anyone on the forum really notices? We still have the forum, the same great people, the same superb modelling and the ability to view, comment and marvel at the skills from the comfort of our home.

Without blowing smoke up Andy's posterior, shouldn't we just trust him to do what's best for the site? It's through his dedication that we are all here in the first place. I'm just glad that despite Andy's personal difficulties after being made redundant, he still put effort in to keep the site running when most of the rest of us would have concentrated on trying to find a job!

So my personal thanks go to Andy for safeguarding not only the forum's future but also his own. I look forward to seeing the many opportunities that will come in the next few months and years. A hearty thumbs up from me.

As we've reached a circular point in proceedings I'll lock this off for now and will update with any further information as appropriate.

If anyone has any specific questions please do drop me a PM.

I had a very enjoyable day over at Bourne on Friday with a few of the members of the team. Firstly there was the IT side of matters which involved basic briefing of access to systems in case the number 10 bus gets me at any time and better data management. The afternoon was spent discussing the future and how the various components knit together and future initiatives. To that end I've made some amendments to the index page this morning which makes Warners more prominent and their content easier to find; it's entirely logical to separate BRM, the exhibitions etc from their respective areas and forms a new area here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/201-warners-zone/

It's not just a one way street with linking to other parts of the group; they will be linking back to RMweb to drive traffic this way too and there are some really exciting future initiatives which should raise the profile of RMweb to wider audiences.

The future of RMweb is underpinned by Stephen Warner's wish that it be "by modellers, for modellers" and service the grass roots to knowledgeable expert range of the market. I'll be looking at how any advertising can be sympathetically integrated to make it more relevant to the pages being viewed but it's very much the intention that such exposure be relate to the interests of the site and weighted toward the cottage industry end of the spectrum to develop mutually beneficial relationships.

We are very keen to provide opportunities for the talent within this site to gain more exposure within the Group if they're interested; it's a time of development and moving forward!

Archived