Andy Y

RMweb is now part of the Warners family

Lest it be forgotten, Model Rail and BRM are competitors. I well remember receiving a phonecall from an editor asking me why I had allowed one of my photos to be published in a "competitor small-circulation monthly". Such feelings can exist even though I have known editors with a more easy going perspective.

Edited by coachmann

Two people I haven't seen a comment from, although perhaps not unexpected, are dibber 25 and Chris Nevard both of whom are associated with Model Rail. Their contributions here has been frequent and helpful and I personally hope that they are not obliged to drop out from contributing on here because of the link to Warners.

If they can't, well so be it, but it would be a shame.

Obviously I cant speak for either of them personally but I dont see why a association with Model Rail would stop them from participating or contributing. Chris Nevard has made a reference to toy train forum and magazine buyouts on his blog, something about concentrating on the hobby and not toy chuff chuff politics, maybe something to be learned here! As he says not the end of the world. Maybe we could all walk away from the keyboard for a while and run some trains or do some modelling!

• Like 1

Joining this thread rather late, mainly because I don't get what all the fuss is about? Apart from the colour scheme, what's changed that anyone on the forum really notices? We still have the forum, the same great people, the same superb modelling and the ability to view, comment and marvel at the skills from the comfort of our home.

Without blowing smoke up Andy's posterior, shouldn't we just trust him to do what's best for the site? It's through his dedication that we are all here in the first place. I'm just glad that despite Andy's personal difficulties after being made redundant, he still put effort in to keep the site running when most of the rest of us would have concentrated on trying to find a job!

So my personal thanks go to Andy for safeguarding not only the forum's future but also his own. I look forward to seeing the many opportunities that will come in the next few months and years. A hearty thumbs up from me.

• Like 14

Without blowing smoke up Andy's posterior, shouldn't we just trust him to do what's best for the site?

Yes

• Like 9

As we've reached a circular point in proceedings I'll lock this off for now and will update with any further information as appropriate.

If anyone has any specific questions please do drop me a PM.

• Like 15