Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

66434 and its prototype train of the moment would be interesting Mick....

3 FEA-Fs complete with 8 water tanks and a module....

Now I'm thinking too ! No.......I couldn't..I wouldnt...I shouldn't...

; /

• RMweb Premium

Either way, it's a blue base colour.................

Cheers,

Mick

A coat of Humrol 104 has been applied. Just found out that the transfers are now available and they've been duly ordered............

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

A coat of Humrol 104 has been applied. Just found out that the transfers are now available and they've been duly ordered............

Cheers,

Mick

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your turning a beautiful GBRf loco in to a dodgy DRS livery, tell me it is not true.

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your turning a beautiful GBRf loco in to a dodgy DRS livery, tell me it is not true.

well Mick does like to throw the odd oddball into the yellow fleet at times, stops yellow sunburn to the eyes.

• RMweb Premium

does that mean instead of talking about it....you'l l get ur bum in gear do it and give us some juicy photos???? :jester:

Soon, quite soon.............

well ive just seen a post on face book on the r3 respray.  about the new transfers are ready for the new DRS  compass  

And they should be popping through my letterbox in the next day or so.

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

My 66434 transfers arrived today - more excellent service from r3sprays and thanks to Andy7 for the heads up - another order has gone in for the new 68 style transfers for another loco.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

does that mean instead of talking about it....you'l l get ur bum in gear do it and give us some juicy photos???? :jester:

Go on then........

66434 has it's base colours. Relatively easy as there's only yellow, blue and black with simple masking. Next job will be a quick coat of gloss before application of transfers.

post-408-0-01312100-1413328485_thumb.jpg

In the meantime, a couple more 6x's are nearing completion.

DBS red 67027

post-408-0-07487100-1413328490_thumb.jpg

Colas 60021.

post-408-0-45743800-1413328459_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 17

Never.............

Never say never.....

imagine this scenario......

you sell on, then accidentally damage the remaining GBRF,.....

other idiots modellers update theirs....

GBRF liveried loco become as rare as rocking horse xxxx......

and where does that leave you.....DOH! :jester: ........................... :butcher:

ooops....also forgot to say.....good job........done with your usual flair...... :sungum:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Hi Newbryford,

With regards to Post ~#91 what was the donor model for the Drax 60?  I was thinking of using a TATA 60, but cannot decide if the silver is the correct colour.  New to respraying and think this would be a easier way forward.

Cheers in advance.

Hi Newbryford,

With regards to Post ~#91 what was the donor model for the Drax 60?  I was thinking of using a TATA 60, but cannot decide if the silver is the correct colour.  New to respraying and think this would be a easier way forward.

Cheers in advance.

• RMweb Premium

Can't say which one I used. I know it wasn't a TATA one as I've never had one. Big problem will be trying to remove the tata branding without damaging the main silver coat. Overpainting the liwer band with grey may also be tricky.

Cheers,

Mick