New Irish layout

ie 201

Hi,

Im currently planning my new layout based on a number of locations in Munster, Glounthaune co.Cork for my main station, Waterford West yard for my fiddle yard and Cork kent's loco shed for the loco area. Ive approximately 5m x 4m in my loft for the layout.

Currently im building up my stock thanks to murphys models although i ve sold of some my non era stock, i ll be basing my layout on the era from 2000 on loco wise but i ll be leaving out the railcars leaving the 141's & cravens to do most of the passenger work.

Stock to date

10 x 141/181

10 x 201's

1 x 071

1 x 001

Passenger

2 x mk3 Intercity rakes

2 x Cravens rakes

1 x Rpsi mk 2

1 x mk 2 rake

1 x mk 2a/c rake

Freight

Cement bubbles

Beet wagons

Timber bogies

Container rake

oil rake

In the next few months they ll be a few additions namely a few 071's, mk 3 suburban, weedsprayer,autoballaster and some scratchbuilt spoil wagons.

Certainly sounds like a large undertaking IE201,it will certainly keep you busy over the coming months.I like the idea of incorporating real different locations into one working model,it is always good to copy the prototype into a model without trying to recreate it exactly.There are a couple of other Irish layouts based on a similar theme in the layout topics forum on here.One is Amiens Street by McC (Stephen from Dublin) and the other is my own Belfast Great Victoria Street.It is good to see more promotion of Irish layouts.

Your stock fleet is impressive also,a good mix between freight and passenger.

Look forward to progress updates and photos over the coming months.

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived