CLOSING THE GAP--FARISH STANIER COACHES

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I've fitted the new ATM medium NEM couplings to alternate ends of my rake of Farish Stanier coaches and they still go through the small radius code 55 points in my fiddle yard, whereas the short ones would not. A definite improvement in looks. There may be several other candidates for these and I'll report when I get round to them.

• RMweb Gold

You can get virtually no gap between Farish Mk.1s by using one short shank and one long shank standard Rapido coupling. They will still go around Kato unitrack curves, which I think are equivalent to 2nd radius Set track curves.

210211-002a.jpg

210211-004a.jpg

The downside is that you will have fixed rakes, so if you want flexibility perhaps a medium coupling on each will give the same result?

Tom.

You can get virtually no gap between Farish Mk.1s by using one short shank and one long shank standard Rapido coupling. They will still go around Kato unitrack curves, which I think are equivalent to 2nd radius Set track curves.

210211-002a.jpg

210211-004a.jpg

The downside is that you will have fixed rakes, so if you want flexibility perhaps a medium coupling on each will give the same result?

Tom.

For information Kato Unitrack curves are available in many radii ranging from 216mm up to 718mm radius!!

And recently they have introduced a couple of VERY tight Radii mainly intended for tramway layouts one radius I beleive is around 150mm (6")

Archived