New 32-515A Derby Lightweight 2 Car DMU BR Green Half-Yellow Ends £ 110.55

New 32-516A Derby Lightweight 2 Car DMU BR Green With Speed Whiskers £ 110.55

New 32-529B Class 55 D9011 BR Two Tone Green £ 94.55

New 32-736 Class 66 66744 Colas £ 101.70

New 32-761 Class 57/0 57312 Network Rail Yellow £ 101.60

New 32-781A Class 37/0 37034 BR Blue Split Head Code - Weathered £ 98.70

New 32-782A Class 37/0 D6984 BR Green Centre Head Code - Weathered £ 98.70

New 32-815 Class 47 47834 'Fire Fly' BR Intercity Swallow £ 101.60

New 32-816 Class 47 47365 'Diamond Jubilee' BR Railfreight Distribution £ 101.60

New 32-817 Class 47 47791 'Saint David/Dewi Sant' RES Red & Grey £ 101.60

New 32-828A Ivatt Class 2MT 2-6-0 46526 BR Lined Green Late Crest - Weathered £ 103.85

New 32-905 Class 108 2 Car DMU BR Blue/Grey With Yellow Ends £ 110.55

New 32-906 Class 108 2 Car DMU BR Green Half Yellow Ends £ 110.55

New 32-912 Class 108 3 Car DMU BR Blue With Yellow Ends £ 134.90

New 32-913 Class 108 3 Car DMU BR Green With Speed Whiskers £ 134.90

New 32-980 Class 66 (Low Emission Variant) 66731 'InterhubGB' GBRf Europorte £ 101.65

Hardly being "left out" in my humble opinion.

Very happy with the 101 and the almost endless Sector 47s - bit disappointed no new Mk2 air cons but that can wait - and great news that we will finally get some more Mk2a TSOs - although a word of caution - I do wonder what price they will hit the shops at - "at least we won't have to pay £30 for Mk2 TSOs" - I'm not so sure.

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

Little bit for all, excellent news. I was looking for a Hornby 4F at a show last W/E could not find one, fates must have been with me, will wait for the Bachmann version, if it is as good as the 3F it will fly off the shelves.

Good old Bachmann - a few surprises in there.

I had rather vainly hoped for an LNWR 2-4-2 radial for the "Dudley Dasher", but how many others were expecting an Lanky version ?

The 4F is hardly a big surprise but will be very well recieved, certainly by me. I guess there'll be left hand and right hand drive versions, as well as the valve ends plated over on the buffer beam.

Met Camm was a bit of a surprise. Yes it could have been an upscale from the 2mm version, but a long frame design would have been more useful.

No 4mm coaches, least of all non corridors - hmmm !!!

Some good news - well done Bachmann

It seems like a good selection across the many interests.

I will be purchasing the following.

"LNER D11-2 Scottish Director 4-4-0.............. (Yep, I'll be rebuilding this into an English variant)" and rebuilding one into a D10 in particular BR D10 62654 Walter Burgh Gair. and hoping that the English variants are not too far away. Yes, I think the English variant will be released a GCR Butler Henderson through NRM in due course.

LNER J11 0-6-0 ‘Pom Pom’ will sell the old Bec kit.

LNER 10T Fish van, a few of these.

Well done Bachmann.

Mark in OZ

I'm happy,

'New 32-816 Class 47 47365 'Diamond Jubilee' BR Railfreight Distribution £ 101.60'

I wonder what RFD option this will be - didn't 365 carry both the versions - original and the international channel tunnel branding one? I'm sure she had polos on her cab sides.

Anyway its a cool announcement and I'm pre ordering THOR for a cross WR/SR trip freight as soon as humanly possible.

There's been a few references to it being a holding year - I think it's just that there isn't that much money to go around and with four volume OO producers and two N producers there isn't enough volume sales to justify massive lists of new products. We've probably been spoiled over the past two years or so especially with limited runs and those types of sales don't get announced in bulk.

A steady trickle of high quality models at affordable prices is what we are getting plus likely more commissioned models.

New 32-782A Class 37/0 D6984 BR Green Centre Head Code - Weathered £ 98.70

At long last!!!

A VF centre panel in green.

Is it too much to hope that they will have sorted out the gouge in the bodyside by the time this is released?

Having looked now at the pages on the Bachmann site, I would imagine the "Midland" brake van is actually the MR-inspired LMS D.1657/9. At least the chassis will be less prone to falling apart like the pair of PD ones I've wrested over. Can concentrate on more needy projects now, which is indeed a bonus.

Guest Max Stafford

No question about it, it's a very balanced selection. What with the nice EMUs and stock from Barwell and other sources over the last few years I hope you'll understand if I'm a little less sympathetic than I might be! ;-)

In other news;

The North Eastern's time will indeed come in due course, just not this year due to the LNER's over diverse fleet but next year you might get a GE and NE selection so keep calm and carry on!

Dave.

More interesting is there are some brilliant new Scenecraft buildings to play with, cant wait to start chopping them about! :)

I always see the Scenecraft list and it awakens a guilty pleasure within - I know I should make more bespoke stuff, but when I see the pics I know there'll be structures that with a bit of work will make very well appointed and appropriate Borders buildings. Just need to see the photos now!

...and a decent class 101, a Ryecroft DMU for my own layout - good times.

Ahhh, there's a man on my wavelength - a Ryecroft DMU - well, a Met will keep the road warm until the Park Royals come along!

Bachmann is in the position of being able to produce the RH drive Midland 4F with 'Johnson' tender (off the 3F) and the LMS right hand and left hand drive LMS Standard 4F with beaded and rivetted Fowler Tenders off the 'Crab'. It also has the Ramsbottom safety valves off the Compound to produce locos in pre-group and early LMS liveries. The only other variations that come to mind are beaded and plain splashers.

Max Stafford : No question about it, it's a very balanced selection.

Wot no Fell.... :blackeye:

Anyway its a cool announcement and I'm pre ordering THOR for a cross WR/SR trip freight as soon as humanly possible.

Couldn't agree more - 47091 on 1Z77 Swansea - Ramsgate excursion circa June 1974 (not this pic btw)

http://www.class47.c...g=0219021343000

Cracking Class 47 website just discovered too

• RMweb Premium

I'm certainly impressed with the extent of the new range, although personally the only new models I'm really interested in are the Class 101 DMU and the SR CCT. On the reliveries of existing locos, there's a bit more of interest including the second weathered N Class, the DCC Ready Ivatt 2-6-2T and the Class 47 D1677 "Thor" - provided it has Serck grills not the three fixed ones and Bachmann has removed the Class 57 cab window rivets.

Overall not too bad - and I'll be able to afford even more Dapol Westerns...

Guest Tom F

No question about it, it's a very balanced selection. What with the nice EMUs and stock from Barwell and other sources over the last few years I hope you'll understand if I'm a little less sympathetic than I might be! ;-)

In other news;

The North Eastern's time will indeed come in due course, just not this year due to the LNER's over diverse fleet but next year you might get a GE and NE selection so keep calm and carry on!

Dave.

I will fully admit, I was hoping for a NE 0-6-0 this time, but as you quite rightly put Dave, the NE's time will come. It's easy to forget that all manufactureres have to cater for a very large and diverse area of modelling.

I had contemplated the thought of altering a D11/2 to D11/1 but then asked myself is it worth it? I'm sure a GCR one can't be that far away.

There are certainly a few items in there I'll be after, but not too heavy on the wallet. That is fine by me! :yes:

A steady trickle of high quality models at affordable prices is what we are getting plus likely more commissioned models.

I'd hope that - for example - someone would notice the London Underground's 150th is coming up and produce something beyond another pannier (nice though it is).

Good, sensible mid-size steam choices, although I too would've preferred the LNWR 2-4-2t (appearance of an example of the LYR breed on the Higham Ferrers branch notwithstanding). LMS suburbans must be a tempting option for Dapol now?

I read through the details the D11, J11, Compound, City and Lanky Tank have, and it is as if they have tailored the releases to those of us who need to chop and change for specific locomotives in those classes. I'm delighted with the J11 options as it gives the best scope for getting it right straight off the bat.

Larry Goddard's (Coachman's) superb compound conversion could have almost been the template for Bachmann's new model...!

(Was it Larry? Go on, you can tell us!) ^_^

Bachmann really have produced a remarkably thoughtful catalogue this year. There may not be something for the Southern modellers straight off the bat in OO, but a new streamlined Merchant Navy in N gauge is a step in the right direction, surely? Particularly following the stunning N gauge Peppercorn A1s...

Hmmm

Having seen the D7E list above there may some other potential purchase.

Barwell guys can you please consider a class 108 with roof headcodes in green with white cab roofs. May well be in the latest news but no photos or car numbers issued yet.

More 3Fs nice, but after reading the news about the Pom Pom, I am absolutely sure 64325 was the engine that ended up at Bescot one Saturday and was used as a banker for Ryecroft.

Apparently it worked a special into Norton Juncton yard, then ran light to Bescot on a Friday evening.

Archived