New announcements from Bachmann

Andy Y

Guest Belgian

The difference is likely to come from shorter production runs of the differently numbered/liveried wagons which make up the pack costing slightly more per unit to produce.

Fair comment Andy, I was just observing the change from a few days ago when Mike posted his comments!

JE

• RMweb Gold

Fair comment Andy, I was just observing the change from a few days ago when Mike posted his comments!

JE

I looked around several sites and took the best looking - there does seem to be a bit of discounting but not much although I hadn't looked at Hattons (I will be buying from my version of 'local' in any case as I did with the 'yellow' cement wagons). And for the convenience of a triple pack with different running numbers the 'little bit extra' is still well worth it I reckon.

I don't think that anyone has discussed the release of the Ivatt 2mt tank in any great detail but for me, this is one of the most anticipated models in a long while. It will prove exceptionally welcome on many layouts on both the midland and other regions- I hope that Bachmann release a Southern habitué to save the chore of renumbering

Is there a forecast for the release of this model?

Tim

Guest Max Stafford

No date announced as yet, Tim but they've not been shy in installing regional affectations on previous models, e.g. the correct lamp iron arrangements on the 3MTT, the 1b tender on the 4MT mogul and WR fittings on the WD and ROD. The precedent's there, so you should get a Southern-optimised version in pretty short order I'd think.

Dave.

No date announced as yet, Tim but they've not been shy in installing regional affectations on previous models, e.g. the correct lamp iron arrangements on the 3MTT, the 1b tender on the 4MT mogul and WR fittings on the WD and ROD. The precedent's there, so you should get a Southern-optimised version in pretty short order I'd think.

Dave.

To me it reads more like Ivatt tank's getting the replacement chassis treatment like the B1/V2, not a full retool. Could be wrong though.

• RMweb Gold

ISTR that they were announced some years back but never made it into production for some reason, probably when they realised that they didn't have the standard 10ft wheelbase chassis.

... however looking at the photo it looks as if the chassis isn't that of a VEA??? ... nice paint work though.

Talking of the catalogue ,,, I like the look of the retaining wall in the Scenecraft range but alas I think they have changed the specification for the 'modern' platform bench... it appears to be out with the steel in in with the concrete :nono: ... I hope I'm wrong :beee:

... however looking at the photo it looks as if the chassis isn't that of a VEA??? ... nice paint work though.

The photos look to be of made up Parkside VWV kits and the original anouncement was made before Parkside produced the VEA with modified chassis. I think that was what put Bachmannn off, the need for two different chassis to do the two versions.

• RMweb Gold

The photos look to be of made up Parkside VWV kits and the original anouncement was made before Parkside produced the VEA with modified chassis. I think that was what put Bachmannn off, the need for two different chassis to do the two versions.

Agreed... it's a bit of an oddball chassis admittedly but it's a shame that wagon under-frames have been the poor relation when it comes to RTR... thankfully this situation has begun to change... so I guess it's fingers crossed.

Guest Tom F

That is very interesting regarding Butler Henderson....some BR liveried can't be that far away methinks. To all those about to plan hacking away at a D11/2....put your saws down!! ;)

That pre production model looks absolutely fantastic mind! The RTR manufactures keep raising the bar. We really are spoilt!

Think I've found the last previous mention oh the fish vans - pictures now in the product listing list on their website:

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=branchline&prod=5

with clickable/bigger pictures. Seems to be as end of comment below - 10' wheelbase and wooden solebars.

Cheers,

26power

Apologies, my original post wasn't very clear - I had assumed that Bachmann were intending a diagram 134 van as opposed to the first late-LNER/early-BR version (the one done by Dublo/Wrenn/Dapol as well as Parkside), I'd mentioned the BR van simply as a more useful (subjective I know!) example of a transition-era fish van bearing in mind what is currently available. Although I've now looked into it in more detail and the dia 134 van is rated at 10t in both original and rebuilt (insulated) form. The distinctive early style of LNER fish vans were also 10t rated - the only 12t LNER fish van I can find is the one that looks a lot like the contemporary ventilated vans on a 10ft wb, but is also (intriguingly) wooden-framed so I think would need a new or modified underframe tooling - if this is the case, then it does open up the possibility of a number of other LNER general merchandise van and open diagrams.

To me it reads more like Ivatt tank's getting the replacement chassis treatment like the B1/V2, not a full retool. Could be wrong though.

Jamie,

That is acceptable as the Ivatt tank was only let down by the chassis, the body (like the Replica B1) still stands the test of time. As I said, I will be happy if a BR(S) numbered version appears and saves me the trouble of renumbering.

With a decent set of underpinnings , the other bits and bobs will be a pleasure to apply as the result will be spot-on.

Tim

• RMweb Premium

I'm still waiting for the early BR(S) numberings for the Standard 4MT Mogul with BR2/2A tender (76000-76019, IIRC), it seems Bachmann have 'forgotten' them.

Guest Max Stafford

That's pretty much what has been mentioned toy understanding, Tim. In the past the Wee Ivatt has had versions with representations of push-pull hear where appropriate. While the mere fact that the model has a new 21st century chassis is perfectly acceptable for your needs I'm pretty confident you'll get regional detail tweaks too, as with the 3MT and other models.

Dave.

That is acceptable as the Ivatt tank was only let down by the chassis, the body (like the Replica B1) still stands the test of time.

Personally, I hope Bachmann bring the Ivatt 2-6-2T body into line with its Ivatt 2-6-0 with better boiler and chimney, dome & smokebox. The original body had a dome remincent of a German helmet and a horrible chimney, as seen in the first picture. The second shot shows the tanks and cab fitted to the 2-6-0 boiler and 2-6-0 chassis....

post-6680-0-59913700-1332670261.jpgpost-6680-0-25294800-1332670260.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Jamie,

That is acceptable as the Ivatt tank was only let down by the chassis, the body (like the Replica B1) still stands the test of time. As I said, I will be happy if a BR(S) numbered version appears and saves me the trouble of renumbering.

With a decent set of underpinnings , the other bits and bobs will be a pleasure to apply as the result will be spot-on.

Tim

I agree a new (DCC ready) chassis on the Ivatt 2-6-2T is good news - and sufficient as the exising body tooling is pretty good in most respects, although Coachmann's "changes" above would be nice to see. The late crest version announced is 41291, which went to 73A Stewarts Lane when new and also spend time later on on the Withered Arm, so an SR area model. However, as someone else posted on another thread, 41291 should have a tall chimney and I am not aware that Bachmann's current tooling allows for that option, so the loco number may be changed. Hopefully if so for another SR one.

Todays MRE Mag states the new GWR City Locos plus other items are already on their way by sea from China

http://www.mremag.com/

As I posted on the specific thread, Kernow MRC already has the GWR City of London 31-727 in stock http://www.kernowmod...ive_number_3439. I presume Pat couldn't announce on MREMag that they were on their way from China earlier because he'd have been breaking the announcement embargo!

S A C Martin said :

Larry Goddard's (Coachman's) superb compound conversion could have almost been the template for Bachmann's new model...!

(Was it Larry? Go on, you can tell us!) ^_^

I found the above on Google and hadn't responed. I'm flattered but I had no knowledge this would happen. I'm just as keen as anyone to buy a couple more and ring the changes, but thnak gooness i don't have to spray over the beautiful crimson lake anymore. Incidentally, I think Bachmann missed a trick by not offering a LMS Compound in 1920s/30s lake livery, the livery that is so well known and which gave them the sobriquet "Crimson Ramblers".

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It has been announced that the Rail Express Systems (Res) Class 47 (32-817) will now be produced as '47734' 'Crewe Diesel Depot' and the Colas Class 66 (32-736) will now be numbered 66846 which is I presume (as I cannot keep up with let alone make sense of the musical sheds that has been going on lately with the 66's) is one of the current Colas ones rather than the first short lived batch.

• RMweb Premium

the Colas Class 66 (32-736) will now be numbered 66846 which is I presume (as I cannot keep up with let alone make sense of the musical sheds that has been going on lately with the 66's) is one of the current Colas ones rather than the first short lived batch.

Yep - 66846 passed by my door about 6 hours ago (replacing 66850 that had failed last week) on 6J37 Carlisle-Chirk logs.

Cheers,

Mick

HI Coachman

Love what you have done with the Ivarrt tank, looks a whole lot better, never understood why Bachmann never put the motion bracket on the loco?

Now they bring a new one out and still no motion bracket, why not?

Darren

• 2 months later...

HI Coachman

Love what you have done with the Ivarrt tank, looks a whole lot better, never understood why Bachmann never put the motion bracket on the loco?

Darren

HI Coachman

Darren

Is the last comment correct or an assumption? I hope that Bachmann do not offer a new chassis without all the trimmings, my other concern is when, 2012 or 2013?Tim

Archived