New announcements from Bachmann

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Can I inject a note of reality here. This is all well and good, but as they still have not completed the release of their 2011 models (vis C Class and several wagons I have been waiting for) its not much good making further future announcements.

Finish your dinner Bachmann before you ask for pudding

Just to reiterate what has been posted several times before. Bachmann make it quite clear that their announcement is to cover the next 18 months, so it is inevitable that some things announced last year will not yet have appeared.

I wonder what this thread has cost British industry in "lost time" RMweb browsing already ??

Yes its an absolute disgrace that so called British Workers are skiving by reading this thread. Get your fingers out and support us POOR OLD PENSIONERS!!! :mocking_mini: :mocking_mini: :mocking_mini: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

• RMweb Premium

but more Poole 25s is a real surprise I would have thought that was an obvious downsize from OO.

'Sigh' How long does it take and how difficult is it, Bachmann?

David

• RMweb Premium

Just when you thought you had a little bit of 'spare cash'........................ :)

I think I may have this year now......

I think the D&E content is actually pretty good, but thankfully, my credit card can have a rest [1] as I think there's only the Europorte shed that I would probably buy.

Interesting choice in 66744 - one of the now-GBRf owned (ex 66843), but still in Colas Rail colours. I have plans for a Colas shed, but one of the later livery variant 66846-850.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but Steam or Diesel, I think Bachy have gone a long way to getting near that.

Cheers,

Mick

[1] Still waiting on a couple of releases from other manufacturers.

EDIT - correction to Colas numbers and 66850 passes by as I type!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

I wonder what this thread has cost British industry in "lost time" RMweb browsing already ??

Well, apart from those who are retired, having a well-earned day off, or taking their lunch break - probably just you doing it in work's time then. Careful when you point the finger.

I also notice that in the product listings, Tornado is now listed as Brunswick. I had been waiting for the third batch in apple green to arrive, which were promised in nov/dec. I'm sure they never mterialised?

Chris,

They have arrived, I received an email from Rails about them recently (I'm on the mailing list).

See here: https://railsofsheff...-JJJA12647.aspx

• RMweb Gold

David

Probably on a par with producing a Rhymney Railway Class R and Taff Vale A in final condition? The simple fact is that they can't make everything we might like (let alone what we think we 'need') just like that. They have announced an extensive programme in two scales with a wide range of coverage in both scales and we should perhaps thank them for still being in business and able to do that rather than muttering about their 'failure' to make exactly what we want carrying the number we want on the livery we want for the precise period we are modelling. Perhaps they have a better idea than we do of what will keep them trading profitably?

And no, they haven't announced much of interest to me - but they are making some other folk very happy indeed, c'est la vie.

Bachmann really shy away from sound models. Anyone know why?

Could it be that they have found that in these economically tough times they don't sell well.

On a different tack.

I think Mr Hubbard and his team are to be congratulated on a well balanced list of announcements that will hopefully sustain their growth and profitability over the coming 2 years.

It appears to me to be a sensible marketing policy in the current situation. Quite a diverse range of products if the full list of products is looked at in context.I am not often very complimentary to Mr H, but fair play to him praise be where praise is due.

Regards.

Thanks Andy for sharing the news from Bachmann!

A good turn-out for steam and transition-era fans (the 4F will be particularly valuable due to the large fleet size and geographic spread) but I'm not convinced by others' views that a handful of re-painted 50-year old locomotive designs constitutes a good range for modern image modellers. When will we get over this assumption that anything with an internal combustion engine is 'modern'? :scratchhead:

Looking on the bright side, hopefully this means that Bachmann is saving up a surge of genuinely modern models for next year (I could go on about air-conditioned MkII coaches and MkIII EMUs...)

Cheers,

Will

Can I inject a note of reality here. This is all well and good, but as they still have not completed the release of their 2011 models (vis C Class and several wagons I have been waiting for) its not much good making further future announcements.

Finish your dinner Bachmann before you ask for pudding

Bachmann still have 6 months to get their 2011 models out (I think they say the catalogue covers an 18month period) - plus there will be delays in production for any number of reasons. Surely getting these announcements out when they do works best as we all know what is coming and thus reduces duplication in the market.

All in all I am REALLY happy with this list. J11, Compound, Ivatt 2MT - all locos I can use on Weeklyn Hill, whilst 101's, Hall's and D11/2's will come in handy on my home layout where I run what I want. So thank you Bachmann you have bankrupted me again (don't stop though).

A good turn-out for steam and transition-era fans (the 4F will be particularly valuable due to the large fleet size and geographic spread) but I'm not convinced by others' views that a handful of re-painted 50-year old locomotive designs constitutes a good range for modern image modellers. When will we get over this assumption that anything with an internal combustion engine is 'modern'? :scratchhead:

Looking on the bright side, hopefully this means that Bachmann is saving up a surge of genuinely modern models for next year (I could go on about air-conditioned MkII coaches and MkIII EMUs...)

So what exactly is lacking from the RTR modern locomotive range (apart from variety in the prototype, that is)?

You're writing-off the ex-BR stuff as 'Heritage' so ignoring Class 60 (done adequately by Hornby), you're left with 66 (Bachmann), not sure where you stand on 57 (done by Bachmann anyway), 67 (promised by Hornby) and 70 (done by Bachmann), this only leaves the DRS Vossloh Eurolight (as I said earlier), which is yet to be designed to fit the UK loading gauge, and the 59 (which is decidedly middle-aged).

Ignoring the ex-BR locos, I could be persuaded that it's the contemporary railway itself that doesn't offer a good range for modellers, not the manufacturers.

Yes its an absolute disgrace that so called British Workers are skiving by reading this thread. Get your fingers out and support us POOR OLD PENSIONERS!!! :mocking_mini: :mocking_mini: :mocking_mini: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

I'm in between jobs and meant to be preparing a presentation for an interview later this week, but these dang announcement threads are just so inviting.

I think the fact the 24 came out of nowhere and the fact they have three models in the catalogue suggests Farish don't expect competition from Dapol on this one so maybe that's why no model yet. But I am still surprised as I think it is low hanging fruit and they go very nicely with 24s.

Maybe there is time yet for them to spring a new model of it as an extra at the N gauge show (i.e. it is already planned but not announced).

I can wait, there are plenty of other models to buy once I get working again, just had news I have another interview so I'm in the running for two jobs now.

Am I the only one thinking that the train set 30-076 Midnight Metropolitan will have a LT Pannier Tank?

Well it doesn't look like Aguila Wren thinks the "EASY WIN STANDARD CLASS 2 78XXX" is in there, so you could be right. :sungum:

Archived