New announcements from Bachmann

Andy Y

Glad Bachmann are doing a Network Rail 57 as I sold Lady Pen last week, ergo no need for resprays.

As for the sheds, I shall have a good bins on Youtube and take it from there.

47834 Fire Fly is the pick of the bunch though and it makes me wish that I bought 47835 Windsor Castle a couple of years ago, the original Royal Train combo, what excellent thinking from Barwell.

I'm happy,

'New 32-816 Class 47 47365 'Diamond Jubilee' BR Railfreight Distribution £ 101.60'

I wonder what RFD option this will be - didn't 365 carry both the versions - original and the international channel tunnel branding one? I'm sure she had polos on her cab sides.

Yes it carryed both, i would be interested to see the livery clarified. Also be interesting to see what 301 will look like ! An odd choice for late Red stripe version. A Shove at last too, thank you Bachmann.

• RMweb Gold

Well it doesn't look like Aguila Wren thinks the "EASY WIN STANDARD CLASS 2 78XXX" is in there, so you could be right. :sungum:

Perhaps AW's going to commission a resin replacement loco and tender body to replace the Bachmann ivatt version - eBay will be awash with spare 464xx bodies. I'd buy one .......

Yes it carryed both, i would be interested to see the livery clarified. Also be interesting to see what 301 will look like ! An odd choice for late Red stripe version. A Shove at last too, thank you Bachmann.

Aye, the Shove is one of the bigger Duff 'holes' filled, especially given the frequent emphasis in the D&E fraternity on ScR prototypes. As others have said, this will accentuate the need for appropriate LHCS of the right quality. One assumes the RCH jumper detail on the ends will be a feature of the release. A signature type 4 for the eighties. Good stuff.

Aye, the Shove is one of the bigger Duff 'holes' filled, especially given the frequent emphasis in the D&E fraternity on ScR prototypes. As others have said, this will accentuate the need for appropriate LHCS of the right quality. One assumes the RCH jumper detail on the ends will be a feature of the release. A signature type 4 for the eighties. Good stuff.

I think for modern duffs, Bachy have realised most dreams. But for us transition back room boys I'm still waiting for a 47 with headcodes and serk grilles. It's not to much to ask is it?

Thor has horned me though http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v2.php?img=0219021430000 - could it be the first RTR Green TOPs machine?

The Director announcement means that those - myself included - who have long bemoaned the absence of Scottish outline rtr locos will have a splendid opportunity to demonstrate that their wishes do actually extend to the opening of wallets. Presumably,Bachmann will have recognised that the prototypes' restricted sphere of operation will limit sales potential somewhat. But if sales don't match whatever assumptions they have made that,the prospects for further north of the border stuff will receive a distinct set-back. There's certainly a place for one on my layout. It'll look spot on with those lovely Hornby Gresley non-corrs.

DR

I think for modern duffs, Bachy have realised most dreams. But for us transition back room boys I'm still waiting for a 47 with headcodes and serk grilles. It's not to much to ask is it?

Thor has horned me though http://www.class47.c...g=0219021430000 - could it be the first RTR Green TOPs machine?

Don't you start the too much to ask angle... Although I daresay there's plenty - myself included - that would agree, GFYE/Serck/pre-TOPS and GSYP/tri-grille/pre-TOPS leaves a glaring omission - and surely the most common configuration - GSYP/Serck/pre-TOPS.

Similarly, and a style that Heljan delivered by the shed-load, BFYE/Serck/headcode, in pre-TOPS or TOPS. Again, so common that at one point 508 locos were like it. Blue tri-grille doesn't deliver the same way.

• RMweb Gold

So what exactly is lacking from the RTR modern locomotive range (apart from variety in the prototype, that is)?

Ignoring the ex-BR locos, I could be persuaded that it's the contemporary railway itself that doesn't offer a good range for modellers, not the manufacturers.

Spot on 'Chard. Over the last fortnight I travelled more frequently by train than I had done for a long time - saw plenty of units (various both diesel and d.c. electric) plus HSTs but very few loco hauled trains - 7 to be precise, 1 had a Class 59 at the head, 5 had a Class 66 (two different operators tho'), and the other one had a steam engine (60163).

Now which of those is not currently available R-T-R - but can probably be found on Ebay or secondhand or whatever? Simple answer is 'none' - they're out there, they might not be latest mechanicals or colours.

Don't you start the too much to ask angle... Although I daresay there's plenty - myself included - that would agree, GFYE/Serck/pre-TOPS and GSYP/tri-grille/pre-TOPS leaves a glaring omission - and surely the most common configuration - GSYP/Serck/pre-TOPS.

Similarly, and a style that Heljan delivered by the shed-load, BFYE/Serck/headcode, in pre-TOPS or TOPS. Again, so common that at one point 508 locos were like it. Blue tri-grille doesn't deliver the same way.

Sorry I slipped into that 'glass half drank' mode. I may start moaning they didn't announce Bachmann HA/71s soon.

Am I the only one who's slightly glad certain things weren't announced and I didn't spend small fortunes on bits to build things I was later convinced would be mentioned by Barwell? I can continue my 2 HAP build now, well for another 18 months at least*

*Dapol please don't announce a 2 HAP.

Attached a complete list of New Bachmann releases for those not wanting to sift through the website.

Cheers,

Bruce

I do not have Microsoft Office on my PC and use Lotus Smartsuite. Usually I can import Excel files through a filter into Lotus 1-2-3 but this Excel file format is too modern.

I installed this Excel Viewer:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=10

It is 74mb download. Worked fine for me.

Some good choices, there, from the Big B.

The pre / post grouping locos for AOAPs (Affluent Old Age Pensioners), plus BR versions for the YOAP (Young Old Age Pensioners). A Cl.101 and several re-paints for the D 'n e clan (Note the small 'e').

It would be interesting to know, how much, their incursion into the fields of modelling prototype electric propulsion, has affected their sales (profit), in the past few years, or, was it, merely, an excursion ?.

Some new wagons, also, are continuing to fill the gaps .Always welcome.

What I'm keeping an eye on, is Bachmann's N guage MN & Bulleid coaches. If they are contemplating researching further, and producing acceptable versions in this guage, or introducing new / improved OO models, at a later date, who knows ?, this, might, even awaken Hornby from their slumbers

Regards.

Guest Belgian

One or two people have commented on the lack of Southern-orientated models in the Bachmann line-up this year.

This is no surprise:Bachmann have consistently ignored the Southern, leaving it almost entirely to Hornby. During its existence as Bachmann it has only produced 2 Southern locomotives (the 'Lord Nelson' and N class mogul), and has one more (the C class) about to go into production. It has, very recently, produced two EMUs and has produced one (very obsolete now) series of carriages (the Bulleids) and just two wagon types (the Queen Mary brake vans and the general SR vans) with one more to come in the form of the 'Pillbox' brake van. That's the total of Bachmann Southern model types.

The LNER modellers are cock-a-hoop this year: they will have had twice as many steam locomotive types from Bachmann in two 'seasons' (A2, O4, D11, J11, B1 revised, A4 revised and V2 revised) than the the Southern has had - ever.

Southern modellers - don't moan about Bachmann, it has no effect.

JE

Well, apart from those who are retired, having a well-earned day off, or taking their lunch break - probably just you doing it in work's time then. Careful when you point the finger.

I shan't dignify that comment with the reply I wanted to give but I think you need to calm down

For those who are a little disappointed that there are no new EMU's don't forget that Bachmann are working on the 205 Thumper units for Kernow Models,on my last check with Kernow these are due for release sometime this year..

That's what I thought too! Maybe a engineers train or something. But I defo thought LT Pannier instantly.

It could (not) be a Beattie Well Tank (see recent nightime underground test video) but it would be interesting if it were a battery engineers "loco".

All the 7 new 47s are namers i think............ im sure some were not namers!!!!!

301 was an unoffical painted Tinsley name, and to be honest would be better produced without it added. All the rest have been named offically.

791 was not Saint David though !! lol it was VSOE !

The new steam outline models are very welcome, I'm sure. But I do hope that Bachmann get the details right this time like having, for example, correctly sized splashers.

Not another pratfall I've gone along being blissfully unaware of until now.... How many of the current range does this afflict, then?

No, on second thoughts....

The Director announcement means that those - myself included - who have long bemoaned the absence of Scottish outline rtr locos will have a splendid opportunity to demonstrate that their wishes do actually extend to the opening of wallets. Presumably,Bachmann will have recognised that the prototypes' restricted sphere of operation will limit sales potential somewhat.

I do wonder whether 'restricted sphere of operation' is the main reason that the manufacturers have so often fought shy of doing something distinctively Scottish, or just a convenient excuse- after all, we've had quite a few releases in recent years which weren't exactly seen all over the network- S&DJR 2-8-0 for example, which seem to have been greeted with enthusiasm and open wallets...

I really hope the D11 sells, and that we get more Scottish locos in future

Archived