Bachmann announce L&Y 2-4-2T

Andy Y

Guest spet0114

That is the second crimson release? Or have I gone daft! And does anyone have both versions.

It's the first crimson version. All previous ones have been either BR, LMS or L&Y black.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

New Locomotionmodels.com L&Y livery just announced in December Railway Modeller! Available early 2016. £109.95.

One for my wish list!

Now that's a beauty! Gotta get me one of those! :-)

Guest spet0114

I can't see it anywhere on the web-site under:

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/british-model-railways/oo-gauge-4mm/nrm-exclusive-editions-and-collection.htm 

or am I looking in the wrong place!?

cheers,

Keith

I placed my order by phone. It took a couple of goes to get through, but once I had it was quick and easy.

I don't think the website has been updated yet, but I also can't be bothered to clear my webcache and make sure!

Cheers

Adrian

Guest spet0114

Kieth Lilly

No you are not looking in the wrong place, but if you put " Lancashire" into the search box, up comes the model with the out of stock message.

The model that comes up is the previous NRM exclusive issued in 2013 or 2014 and long since sold out. The new one isn't on the website yet.

• 1 year later...

Sharp Stewart built some 2-4-2Ts fo rthe Barry Railway circa 1900. There is more than a passing resemblance to the prototype chosen by Bachmann, just in case anyone still does conversions!

Chris

Quite a resemblance with the SS's supplied to a couple of Dutch companies in the 1880s.

• 1 month later...

Sharp Stewart built some 2-4-2Ts fo rthe Barry Railway circa 1900. There is more than a passing resemblance to the prototype chosen by Bachmann, just in case anyone still does conversions!

Chris

Is there any preferred model to start from? Maybe the crimson LMS model as it's already the right colour and some red paints are incredibly translucent.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, my father has just received one from a famous Liverpool seller but of the four pick up contacts only one is sprung enough to make constant contact with the wheels causing poor running, has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks mick

There is a pickup on the front and rear truck too that may require adjustment.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53404-Bachmann-announce-ly-2-4-2t/?p=1280082

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Les Bird said:

When this model was introduced, there was some discussion about other 2-4-2T classes.  Could some kind soul please measure the wheelbase and put the dimensions on here please?

Off the top of my head, all the LY Radials had the same wheel size and wheelbase, the principal differences were combinations of:-

Extended bunker

Depth of valance

Superheating (longer smokebox)

Belpaire firebox

On top of these were the general modifications/improvements to buffers, smokebox doors, safety valves etc.

• RMweb Gold

On the L&Y version, there’s a movable piece of plastic, shaped like a lever, in the top corner, firemans side of the cab.

ive not seen it on the LMS and BR versions.

i’m not Sure what it is, but i’m Guessing it’s supposed to be attached to a chain and form part of a communication cord ?

anyone confirm ?

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know of any conversions kits or parts suppliers that could supply the extended smokebox and belpaire firebox? I picked up a badly damaged 2-4-2 very cheap and with all the other restoration work I thought I might as well go all out but I can't seem to find anything

Thanks

Rhys