Farish announce Merchant Navy

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Nor the Bulleid numbers, all starting life in the BR 35021-30 series. Some of them (35021/2/4/6/7) were released to traffic with non-matching Light Pacific tenders, in which condition they looked positively weird!

Indeed they did here is work in progress on my 35022 note the mismatch of lettering styles too

post-243-0-73791200-1417364831_thumb.jpg

The nameplates had a wooden cover on them during this period too as well as being unlined

Guest Belgian

Indeed they did here is work in progress on my 35022 note the mismatch of lettering styles too

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The nameplates had a wooden cover on them during this period too as well as being unlined

I've done a 'like' but there isn't a button for 'love it', which I would have used!

JE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Factory Painted samples on display at Alexandra Palace today. Sorry they are not the best photos but they were on that bl**dy rotating turntable (Which needs a dust by the way Bachmann!!) 

post-1467-0-91562400-1427556456_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-70784800-1427556768_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-87020800-1427556465_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-16739500-1427556475_thumb.jpg

Looks great, although it does feel a little 'plain' when compared to some of the recent releases, though that's not the fault of the model!

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold

It's a stretch for me too Roy, modelling a preserved line, but since the Dapol West Country is likely to be 'some' time away i've decided to re-write history slightly and the owners of 35028 have had her re-streamlined!

Tom. 

• 1 month later...

So these reached Exeter, I suppose in an alter world they could have gone a bit further down the Western from Exeter to a little seaside town on the south coast as yet unnamed.

I could be waiting a long time for a West Country

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Graham, nice review of what looks to be another great model from Farish. 

I wasn't planning on having one of these as it doesn't fit with Ropley at all, however with Dapol's Light Pacifics nowhere to be seen, I might just have re-write history and imagine that Clan Line has been re-streamlined in preservation!

Tom - living in hope Farish follow this up with the re-built version. 

If we all buy the current models then I am sure they will move on to the rebuilt examples.

Crikey, how many are you considering buying?

Actually I don't recall Farish announcing that they would be doing the re-built MV, unlike Dapol who did announce both streamlined and re-built light pacifics (WC/BoB).

G.

Actually I don't recall Farish announcing that they would be doing the re-built MV

I don't think that they have. I think woodenhead is expressing optimism that good sales will encourage Farish to see what else they can do with model.

I was really hankering for a BoB as a MN is just too big for my layout. However, Farish's offering is here and Dapol's is still on the drawing board....

I think woodenhead is expressing optimism that good sales will encourage Farish to see what else they can do with model.

I would imagine that they'd expect good sales with all the models they produce and hope that each batch is sold out. And I'm not so sure that would lead them making another new model - otherwise they'd have done similar with previous models such as a 09 from the 08, a 450 from the 350, and a 59 from the 66. Plus they've got plenty already announced and outstanding to be getting on with.

But I guess we can all dream. Now where's that refurbished 4CEP EMU. :declare:

G.

• RMweb Gold

The rebuilt Merchant Navy was in the Old Poole range though, so it surely stands a fractionally better chance of seeing the light of day, not to mention it would also appeal to modern image modellers who might want to recreate VSOE operations or those of us who model preserved lines, with no fewer than 10 examples at various stages of restoration.

I suppose there is an outside chance it could come from the Hornby/Arnold side, since it has been a feature of the Hornby range for some time now and they are known to have a Southern leaning.

Anyway, this is dangerously close to wishlisting, so back to some historical readjustment!

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a review of the Graham Farish airsmoothed Merchant Navy Pacific on pages 72 & 73 of the June Hornby Magazine. It is the first high quality model of a Southern express locomotive we have had in N gauge.

I am modelling the Swanage Railway. It did not run to Swanage before the line closed as its axle loading was too high and it cannot run now because it does not exist.

I have pre-ordered a blue one from Hattons because I like it. I note that the price has gone up from £127.46 to £135.96.

post-17621-0-31129100-1432549229_thumb.jpg

Sandra has asked me(as she can't log in at the min) to say we have 372-310 and 372-311 in stock now only 1 of each priced at £159.95, give us a ring on 01388 771413 and ask for the 15% off rrp

Archived