Farish announce Class 37/4

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Usually the models arrive about 6 weeks after the review samples, which are plucked from the production line and airfreighted over while the main batch is sent by sea.  By lucky hap this co-incides with magazine lead-in times, which means the models usually hit the shelves at about the same time as the review.

Photo taken at home on iphone here - we took some proper ones in the studio which are a hundred times better!

post-420-0-55800000-1414341145_thumb.jpg

The model is supplied with some rather nice moulded snowploughs that clip into the bogie once the NEM socket is removed.

cheers

Ben A.

The 37 sample looks very nice! The ploughs are a nice touch and I'm glad they've stuck with the very neat moulded fan grill rather than the chunky etched ones on the 20 amongst other models. I agree completely with the Rapido concept that etched isn't always finer or better. It can be, but not always.

Glad I've got a DRS one on order!

jo

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Replaced my pre-order again yesterday for one of these beasts...

Slightly :offtopic: Does anyone know if the TMC 37027 with split headcode is based upon the reworked Bachmann class 37 body or the previous ones?...probably need one of each but have plenty of older Farish 37's so don't want to go backwards...:no:

Thanks in advance

• RMweb Gold

Replaced my pre-order again yesterday for one of these beasts...

Slightly :offtopic: Does anyone know if the TMC 37027 with split headcode is based upon the reworked Bachmann class 37 body or the previous ones?...probably need one of each but have plenty of older Farish 37's so don't want to go backwards... :no:

Thanks in advance

Pete

It is based on the newest (ie correct) 37 body.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Dont know if youre aware 37027 has the wrong doors, actually no doors. Plated over with a centre headlight, discussed here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/36954-tmc-farish-announcement-may-2011/page-2

Hi there - thanks, yes I remember taking part in that thread - I normally like to renumber my models so maybe 37025 or 37035 is more suitable...I had better do a bit of research first...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Whilst visiting Crafty Hobbies in Barrow in Furness yesterday, John was just opening his delivery from Farish and pulled out a nice 37/4 in DRS livery 37409 Lord Hinton. One didn't make the shop floor and went straight through the till and into my bag for Christmas. Its a cracking model with some very fine printing.

All the best

Mark

Archived