Farish announce Bulleid coaches in 'N'

Andy Y

The 3 Coach set is now showing as being in stock on the Farish website.  Very much looking forward to getting one. 

Had been hoping the 4MT tank might be along around the same time but the website is still listing it as 'on order' with no indication of delivery dates (after having listed it for several months as due around Mar / Apr).  There's obviously been a problem with it somewhere.  Never mind, I'm sure it will be a splendid model when it arrives.   

M

Saw the display item in the Farish cabinet at the Thornbury show at the weekend. Branded '830' on the set ends, and the individual coaches carry the correct vehicle numbers for that set. A nice bit of detail from a company that obviously does its research, unlike another large N scale manufacturer. If only we had 'long tank' SKs available so we could model the set in its extended form...

Saw the display item in the Farish cabinet at the Thornbury show at the weekend. Branded '830' on the set ends, and the individual coaches carry the correct vehicle numbers for that set. A nice bit of detail from a company that obviously does its research, unlike another large N scale manufacturer. If only we had 'long tank' SKs available so we could model the set in its extended form...

Forgive my ignorance Talisman, but what are 'long tank' second corridors?  Longer than 64'?

Thanks for the info on the running numbers - that's good to know.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive my ignorance Talisman, but what are 'long tank' second corridors?  Longer than 64'?

Thanks for the info on the running numbers - that's good to know.

Mark

This photo will make all clear - the Farish TK (top) and TO (bottom). The later TKs (as noted) had the longer tank, and it was this version that was used to extend sets 830-837 (2x TK, one either side of the CK) in their later lives.

post-14641-0-96472000-1463302331_thumb.jpg

This photo will make all clear - the Farish TK (top) and TO (bottom). The later TKs (as noted) had the longer tank, and it was this version that was used to extend sets 830-837 (2x TK, one either side of the CK) in their later lives.

attachicon.gifDSC_2603a.jpg

Hi Talisman,

Really appreciate your detailed explanations - I learn so much from members like you, Graham Muz, Karhedron, Old dudders and the many other wise souls on this forum who help fill some of the (enormous) gaps in my knowledge.

All the best,

Mark

I bought a three car set 830 on Wednesday.  The problem of the bowing underframes and tiebars is still there, but for once, these coaches have run fine so far without me having to pull them apart and file off plastic pips etc to get them working properly.

Now I just need Farish to produce some more variants in the future.  A BCK and FK would be nice, and maybe the earlier build three car sets with the shallow window ventilators, and maybe the six car Bournemouth dining sets, the tavern cars, and, maybe even the barely known thirteen car fully articulated sets Bulleid designed as an experiment for the Atlantic Coast Express (those two sets were just a little bit un-successful!).

I agree, the BCK is probably the vehicle I would most like to see added mostly because I want to model this train as the ultimate example of motive power overkill. Light Pacific Nº34069 Hawkinge is handling a single Brake Composite as the Up train from Illfracombe. :laugh:

mm_34069.jpg

It is a shame Farish have not produced one. At least Dapol are doing the Maunsell BCK.

Archived