Farish announce new wagons for 'N'

Andy Y

Farish continue to carry the goods

Graham Farish are to produce two new wagon types to add to the many introduced over the past few years.

2012/2013 releases include the 24T iron ore hopper wagon and the modern Polybulk bogie hopper. The 24T iron ore hopper as a recommended retail price of £10.95 and the Polybulk £11.95.

A four wheel CCT van is also being introduced by the brand which will have a recommended retail price of £19.70.

A further introduction is the BR standard horse box which was often attached to passenger trains. The recommended retail price is £14.25.

The CCT will be a very welcome addition to my fleet. Thanks Farish :)

Yes, thanks Farish...now that I've already gone and purchased a dozen or so Lima (1:160) CCTs second hand over the years...but not always at second hand prices! :banghead:

Don't worry, the Lima ones are 1:148 too. Just sit a bit higher on their axles...

Really? That is good to hear; thank you. They are excellent models and hold their own against more recently released stock.

I thought the Lima British outline range was 1:160 and so I'd always assumed this was true for the CCTs. It occurs to me I've never actually taken my PECO scale rule and measured one.

Matt

The early Lima models were a mix of scales (or, in a number of cases, just a repaint of overseas stock), sometimes mixed within the same model depending on whether you measure length, height or width! The later rolling stock models were pretty accurate1:148 - the GWR horsebox, brake van and inside frame Siphon G and the BR CCT. None of them perfect, but good for their time. Until at least 2013 it's unlikely that there will be any better version of that type of Siphon or horsebox (BR horsebox is different, of course while the Chivers kit is an LNER design - always nice to have a bit of variety!)

Archived