Kittys Chuff Chuff!

Katier

Hi Folks,

Hopefully I'll get further than last year!!!

I am planning on having a go at a scratchbuilt NER locomotive of some description although not sure which. To make things simple it'll be around a 4'3" boiler as I have a piece of brass tube of that diameter (to scale of course) and internal pistons to avoid having to make the motion :P.

Currently I'm thinking :-

NER BTP, LNER G6 - 4'3" boiler, 0-4-4 passenger tank - would go well with the 3SMR NER autocoach. Might be awkward to hide the motor.

NER Class A, LNER F8 - 4'3" boiler, 2-4-2 - technically this can be built from a F4 kit so probably not worth doing.

NER M1, Q or Q1, LNER D17/18 - 4'4" boiler, 4-4-0 - the tender adds to the complexity, not sure if I'd be pulling too much to chew. The long splashers would help hide the motor though.

NER Class 59, LNER J22 - 4'3" boiler, 0-6-0 - contentious locomotive when it was in use and not sure how I'd power it. Not much room for the motor. Mixed traffic though so could provide me with some much needed passenger haulage.

NER P, LNER J24 - 4'3" boiler, 0-6-0 - Nice Worsdell loco but worried about the motor.

Guess I just got to decide... or have the choice decided by you lot :P

Kat

Guest Natalie Graham

If you decide on the BTP try and get hold of a copy of the July 1979 issue of Model Railways. There was an excellent article on the BTP in there with a 7mm scale drawing along with photos and 4mm drawings of the many variations.

Hi Katier

I missed this one, same thing applies about the oar. I Have often heard of the phrase multi- tasking uttered mainly by the fairer sex,

it looks like you are going to be super busy, I do so hope that you are not having us all on ! I think we ought to see a picture of this

piece of brass tube, it will after all be in keeping with the rules because this is what you are starting with. Since you appear to be much

more knowledgeable than me on the locomotive front I will not offer any advice on choice of model but how about making out a list and

using the pin method to choose if you can't decide. Good luck anyway !

Cheers

One of the lot

• 1 month later...

Hi Katier

Since you don't seem to have gotten away from the drawing board yet ,perhaps you could come up with something a bit

way out that will also fit in with the theme on the enclosed link or perhaps you might have another model that you might like to put

on the thread anyhow. What do you think ?

Class 49....49 001 - Kitbuilding & Scratchbuilding - RMweb

Regards

John

Archived